Sochi Night Owl here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sochi Night Owl here!

Well, the Olympics are messing with my sleep about as much as being sick did. Instead of spending time in the sewing room I'm parked on the couch watching the athletes and working on some cross stitching. I dozed off last night and woke up to curling. It doesn't look like the USA is very competitive in that sport this year!

I know there are standard favorite sports, but is there one this year that you hadn't watched before or that hooked you in? I couldn't look away from all of the crashes on the downhill races. The skeleton sliding would scare the bejesus out of me, but it looks kind of fun although I'd look like Wally the Whale on a cookie sheet if I took a trip!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Re: Sochi Night Owl here!

I got into the new entry of slope style snowboarding. Then the biathlon. I try and catch a little of everything except hockey. Long games don't hold my interest. It's funny when you watch a back story I end up watching the sport like bobsledding. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Haven't watched much as I feel like a cold coming on and seem to fall asleep quickly when I watch tv.
      Do like the traditional events like skiing, downhill and jumps = but wonder why anyone would want to throw themselves off a mountain like that.

Need to look out the window to see if our newest snow storm has arrived, wasn't too bright of me to put off shopping until today but I thought we were going to have rain. Supermarket it close by so I'll make a quick job of it and skip post office and other errands. I thought I'd see if my hair stylist could take me in for a quick haircut, trim really, but that can wait too.

Comment

I have been hooked too. Curling grabbed me four years ago so I can't miss it now.
        sigpicAnita G.

Comment

I finally looked up curling on Wikipedia because after watching it for a while, I could not wrap my brain around what in the world they were trying to accomplish. Still not exactly a fan, but now at least I have a very vague idea of what it's all about.

LOVED the ice dancing this year! Haven't really paid much attention before; couldn't really get the whole ice dancing vs. pairs thing. Now I get it. So graceful and beautiful!

Soooo glad none of my children has ever gotten into aerial ski jumping or skeleton racing! How the moms survive watching their children do that is beyond me. Thrilling to watch, but scares me to death.

Comment

All I have watched is the ice dancing. However, if I see curling is on, I will absolutely watch that! I don't know why, but it intrigues me to no end!
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
              All I have watched is the ice dancing. However, if I see curling is on, I will absolutely watch that! I don't know why, but it intrigues me to no end!
              To catch curling you need to look to the sister stations of NBC. Like MSNBC or USA. I found that it's not in the regular primetime line up.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                To catch curling you need to look to the sister stations of NBC. Like MSNBC or USA. I found that it's not in the regular primetime line up.
                Thanks!!! That explains a lot! They have a curling place up in Seattle, but you need a certain number of people to go and so far I have not found enough crazy people to go with me!
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I've pretty much watched it all; guess I'm a sports junkie. I loved the ice dancing this year; they were really great! I like that new snowboarding thing and all the ski jumpers and half pipe, but it scares me too. That one poor girl who crashed, broke her helmet and made her own way down the hill on her skis was pretty tuff; or had a concussion and didn't know any better! I like hockey, hope we can finally beat Canada or Russia; wouldn't that be cool? (Well, apologies to any Canadian or Russian fans here, but Oshie is a StL Blue, so I'm rooting for USA for sure this year). I am amazed at all the athletes; they put in so much time and effort for YEARS to get there. No losers as far as I can see.
                  :icon_wave: Linda
                  "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Working...
                  X