South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Carolina

Please tell me all our friends in South Carolina were just having a hoe-down today and that they are all safe and sound, regardless of the rumble.

Check in, please?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Re: South Carolina

I felt it all the way in the mountains of NC. Unsettling.

Comment

Felt What? Okay off to check the news Ex DH has family in So Carolina that I still have contact with.
      Donna

Comment

Well I guess I better check the news...my brother and his family is in SC. Thanks for posting it.

Edited: Looks like that happened Friday and since I've seen my family on FB they must be ok. I originally thought it was NC because a friend in NC posted about an earthquake.
        Last edited by buckeyequilter; February 17, 2014, 05:30 AM.
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I know I have felt the 4. what evers we have here occasionally from the New Madrid fault. The last one was a couple years ago. Rattled the windows a little, but that was about all. For those of you that don't know, that is a major fault line that runs through SE Missouri. It hasn't had a major quake in over a hundred years, and when we do it will be devastating.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

The most severe earthquake in the US ran along the New Madrid fault. Few people were injured due to the area being sparsely populated then. I hate to think about how many could be injured if another one happened now.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

They have said it would cripple the entire country if a 7+ magnitude were to hit. because the fault line runs through the middle of the country. Power outages, gas leaks, railways unable to move. It will be very bad when that happens. They said on the news last week that there will be another major one in the next 100 yrs.
              Originally posted by Bubby View Post
              The most severe earthquake in the US ran along the New Madrid fault. Few people were injured due to the area being sparsely populated then. I hate to think about how many could be injured if another one happened now.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Hi all. Checking from SC. We are fine. i was watching the olympics Friday night when the quake happened. I didn't feel it but my dog Sally felt/heard something, as she went crazy barking and such. It scared me she was so upset, after what was probably 30 seconds of barking she snuggled up beside me and just shook for over a hour. I had no idea why until Sunday. Even though we felt nothing many around us did. Very unnerving
                Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Working...
                X