• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shermur
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

It is OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!

Well, hubby got the offer for job transfer and it looks like we're moving to Arkansas! So, now starts the world wind of de-cluttering the house, my sewing time condensed and looking for housing & a job for me!!!!

So, if any of my quilting friends in the Fort Smith/Greenwood Arkansas area can get me some leads on a rental that allows pets in a great school district...please let me know!

We are so excited and pray that we can start anew in a new environment with great folks!!!!!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!
  • MayinJerset
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Re: It is OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!

Really Good News, sorry can't help with relocating but I'm sure one or more of the forum members will be along to help you.

Comment

• ilive2craft2
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2012

How exciting! I am no help on the relocating, but purging before you pack is a great thing to do. Don't be like me and think, I might use it and pack it away never to come back out of that box. If it is a might use it, but no plan for it, go ahead and sell it or donate it. I really need to do a big purge around our house. I have started, but both my husband and I are keepers/savers.
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

• shermur
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2013

Great advice, Lisa...that is the plan and I'm the guilty header in this house....
        The hard part is what to keep and taking with me all of my Navy daughter's things until she is relinquished back home. And it's highly possible we'll have to rent rather than buy a residence right away, so we'll have to condense as we might be going to less square footage!
        Sherri

Comment

• K. McEuen
          Super Moderator
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Moving = yuck! Hubby was Air Force and I got tired of moving. I had neighbors going through my trash because I was just tossing things left and right. The neighbor asked if she could take all the wrapping paper I'd thrown out. I said to me it's trash because I don't want to move it, you all have fun. By trash day most everything was gone.

I hope you all at least get to wait a bit for better weather. Good luck finding a place that suits you.
          K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
          Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
          T - is it TRUE?
          H - is it HELPFUL?
          I - is it INSPIRING?
          N - is it NECESSARY?
          K - is it KIND?

Comment

• ilive2craft2
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2012

Don't think of it as going smaller or giving up space - think of it as living more focused - with just the stuff you need and not all of that "stuff" hanging around weighing you down. For your dear daughter's stuff, I suggest all matching totes or boxes - use colored duct tape or something so that you can easily distinguish which boxes are hers and which are yours. If you have to, you can rent a small storage unit for her stuff - one less thing to make room for in the new place.

We have downsized my mom several times in the last few years and lost my MIL, as well as had our son move out, so we are drowning in boxes and totes that we aren't sure which is whose stuff, until we open it. While we were sorting at my MIL's, we did this - assigned certain color totes to each person getting stuff, so we could easily pack vehicles without looking back inside the boxes. However, the totes we used for us matched totes we had at home...........
            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

• Bubby
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Congratulations! Good luck finding a new place to live.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Miss Sheri
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2013

Sherri, Good Luck and Congratulations! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a place to live and a new job for yourself. I have found it to be very liberating to go through and de-junk. Give yourself enough time to do it right. Use a calendar if you need to and 'schedule' each room, with a day or two on each one, more if necessary. I have done this when moving, or when one of my kids is leaving for an extended period of time. I find it so wonderful, a huge burden feels like it has been lifted off of you as you 'let go' of so many unnecessary, barely used items. Best Wishes friend!
                sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

• PeggyM
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2013

Congratulations! I've heard (from military wives) that one fire equals two moves (as far as decluttering). I need to move four times. Best wishes on your journey.
                  My friends call me Peggy
                  The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

• pcbatiks
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

Congrats to your DH on the new job......and I hope everything goes smoothly with the move.
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Ahamblin
                      The Guild President
                      • Sep 2013

What breed of dogs to you have? I have friends in Little Rock that raise Dobbermans. (They bred my male) They may know areas to consider. Send me a pm if you are interested. Ann
                      Ann

Comment

• auntiemern
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

I wish I could help. Good luck with finding good housing and a job for yourself. Purge, purge, purge. Congrats to DH for the new job. How is Halona taking the news? I hope it will be good for her as well.
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

• shermur
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Ahamblin View Post
                          What breed of dogs to you have? I have friends in Little Rock that raise Dobbermans. (They bred my male) They may know areas to consider. Send me a pm if you are interested. Ann
                          Well, we have an American Staffordshire Terrier (bully breed). I've had to do extensive research where she can come with us in Arkansas. Thank goodness, the area we are moving DOES NOT have Breed Specific Legislation issues! And Central Arkansas is the worst. Thanks for the info, though!
                          Sherri

Comment

• shermur
                            Missouri Star
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
                            I wish I could help. Good luck with finding good housing and a job for yourself. Purge, purge, purge. Congrats to DH for the new job. How is Halona taking the news? I hope it will be good for her as well.
                            Marilyn...Halona is taking it so-so. One day she is excited about the move (you know, the days when she's been picked on at school) and now that it's a reality, she doesn't want to move.
                            I can understand at 13 she's in the funny stage of hormones and not sure of who she is. and moving to another state is a big change since Missouri is all she's known. DH and I have explained to her that it is what is best for our family and we truly feel it will be much better for her in a more rural area/small school district. Halona complicates the move with "what if" factors....
                            Sherri

Comment

• Suzette
                              Missouri Star
                              • Oct 2012

Congrats to you hubby on the job and best wishes for you move! I am in the same boat with you. We are moving out of state in March and I too am in the process of going through all my stuff, packing what I want to go with us and culling out what I don't. It's actually very freeing to let go of things I haven't used in ages (or in some cases completely forgot I even had!) and pass them on to someone else who will no doubt treasure them.

And I am really happy to hear that you are in a town that does not have BSL. BSL is pure bs!
                              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Working...
                              X