Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Husbands and Valentine's Day

I just got this in an email and I wanted to share with you:

In Defense of Husbands and Their Valentine's Gifts - This Lovely Place with Charlotte Siems

My DH forgot to get me a card for today but he gave me a big hug and told me he loved me. I would rather have the hug than a card. What about you? And no - I'm not offering to let my DH hug you!

BTW - Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
    Last edited by Vonnie; February 14, 2014, 07:51 AM.
    Vonnie

Re: About Husbands and Valentine's Day

Mine drove 2.5 hours from work last night to shovel my driveway out! And he got my coffee ready this morning!!! That's better than any card or gift! Lol

Comment

Mines out plowing snow so I hope to even see him today! He gave me a box of candy and I'm making him sugar cookies but my best Valentine's Day present will be when he gets home safe.
      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

- normally - NORMALLY the hubby comes home from work with Flowers and candy -- he has ''never'' forgotten -- he didn't mention anything this morning .. lets see if he remembers this year . .

*whispering - I think he is saving his daily words allowance*~
        2015 is here
        Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

I always told my DH that I didn't want flowers and cards on valentines day if it was going to be the only day I would get them throughout the year. I'd rather get flowers just for no reason other than he thought enough of me when he seen the flowers to think I'd like them. Now mind you my DH is not a mushy sentimental guy at all. He does however on occasion get me those flowers But I would rather just have a hug and an I love you. He makes my coffee every morning, helps around the house and even with cooking, dishes and laundry! As long as I feel loved the flowers, candy and cards are just nice things that I can live without. Besides, he indulges my fabric buying
          Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Ginny, you said it perfectly...that's the way things are here with my hubby and I and I'm so thankful. Valentine's Day is a day for us to reflect on how lucky we are to have each other...

Comment

I got a text that said..."Love you"
              Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

After spending 32 years with each other, we have pretty much given each other every card Hallmark has made by now

My husband IS the mushy romantic type, and lets me know he loves me every single day by his actions and his words.

Valentine's Day has never been real special for us, just does not have significant meaning.
                Cathryn

Comment

My Hubby Jeff is very protective and loving. He tells me every day of my life how much I mean to him and thanks me for marrying him. This same man will never write me a love letter, but he tries to pick out cards that say what he would like to be able to write.

I've been sick for a week or so. We drove to WalMart last night to pick up my prescription and we ate a bite at the local Chinese restaurant. We were on the way home when waves of nausea washed over me and I asked Jeff to pull over so I could upchuck. He pulled over and told me not to get out. He took off his hat and handed it to me and told me to upchuck in it! Is that true love or what!!!

I wouldn't trade Jeff for all the money in the world. He's faithful to the bone, loves life and loves me with all his heart. Every woman should be blessed with a man like Jeff. We just celebrated our 6th anniversary last month. Jeff had never been married before and has no children - a rare commodity these days. He says he was waiting for me his whole life.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

You can tell we've been married 30 years. Last week I told my husband not to spend money on a card. I still have the card he gave me last year, and he still has the card I gave him. I got them both out and we gave them to each other again this morning. We are going to a card party tonight to celebrate with some friends. It's a great day! I'm not even going to complain about it snowing, with 3-5 inches expected by evening.
                    Robin
                    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

We've been married almost 60 years and DH left a card at my place on the kitchen table and brought me a cup of coffee while I was on the computer. He used to buy a box of chocolates, mainly because he wanted some. I asked him not to buy the candy any longer because it was too tempting to eat piece after piece and when the box was finished we craved more.

Comment

Well,,, my High School Sweetheart... is off playing indoor softball,,, and reminded me that he put in 3 heavy duty "pullouts" in my kitchen cabinets just this week!!! LOL.. He's adored by all women and a bit of a gremudgon (sp).. but faithful and loyal to a fault..it's been 50yrs. since we walked the halls of HS.. but he's still my guy,, with the "good looks" and passion to match..LOL Without him I just don't think I'd make it!!! OH, but "don't tell him that".... hehehehehehe..
                        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I worked for a florist during valentines day for several years. I told my husband it was a huge waste of $. The suppliers jack up the cost to the florist who then have to pass it on to the customer or eat the loss. Hubby wasn't unhappy about that, as he thinks Valentines Day is one of the biggest made-up holidays ever invented to scam your $.
                          That being said, he usually gets me a card. This week we have been so sick, that neither one of us has gotten out to get even a card. We agreed that we'd still love each other anyway!
                          Be who you are and say what you feel
                          because those who mind don't matter,
                          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

My husband who is not in good health and doesn't go anywhere unless it is to the doctor told me he felt bad because he couldn't get out to get me a card. I told him not to worry about it because over the years I got plenty of cards, candy and flowers.

But for those of you who enjoy and celebrate this day Happy Valentines Day
                            sigpic
                            Hugs Ann

Comment

My hubby tells me everyday I'm beautiful and how much he loves me. Everyday is Valentines day for me. I'm a lucky gal
                              Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Working...
                              X