Ice Storm of 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice Storm of 2007

For all of you going thru this horrible snow and ice storm I want you to know that I truly feel for you and hope and pray that you're all safe. I also can truly understand what you're going thru. The pictures on here are of our ice storm(I think it was in 2007) that damaged all of our 18 trees and took us almost 6 weeks to clean up. After large storm damage we can cut up our tree limbs and put them on the parking and our town will bring city trucks around to pick up and dispose of the limbs...thank goodness! Off of our parking they loaded 3 large dump trucks and disposed of them free of charge. Besides that my husband, I and my brother in law burned 4 large piles of tree limbs and hired a tree trimmer to get the broken limbs that were still hanging in the trees.

Below are some of the pictures we took...hopefully they'll show up good enough for you to view.
    Attached Files
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Re: Ice Storm of 2007

More pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

More pics...
      Attached Files

Comment

I think it was 2009 for me. Our ice storm knocked out power that was very widespread. We live out in the country and are on a well so no running water for us for 15 days. Not to mention we live on a dead end road so getting us power was a very low priority since there is only 3 houses back here. I wish I knew where my pictures are. As bad as it was it sure was beautiful to look at.

We are in western Ky Genny where are you?

Comment

We had another ice storm in 2009 or 2010 but it wasn't as bad as the 2007 one.

We are in Southern Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by RFREE View Post
            I think it was 2009 for me. Our ice storm knocked out power that was very widespread. We live out in the country and are on a well so no running water for us for 15 days. Not to mention we live on a dead end road so getting us power was a very low priority since there is only 3 houses back here. I wish I knew where my pictures are. As bad as it was it sure was beautiful to look at.

We are in western Ky Genny where are you?

We were only without power for about a day but both my daughters was without power for over a week.

Comment

I so remember that big ice storm of 2009 in the Midwest! We lived near St. Louis (Chesterfield) and went without power for TWO WEEKS. Most got their power back after a week or so but we were not so lucky because when one of the trees lost all of it's limbs, it pulled the power meter off our house. No meter, no power-even if the power lines were fixed.

I actually started to cry the day the power guys from a neighboring state were in my back yard and replaced our meter and connected the power.

I remember when we bought our house in MO- looking at the acre of land and 40 mature trees . . . thinking wow, so pretty. Then after the ice storm thinking. . . OMG- WHAT are we going to do with all these trees?!?! I have never looked at mature trees near a house the same.

This is my back yard today in Canada-yes, that is my rocking chair. I hate it when the snow is higher than my snow boots.
              where is my rocking chair.jpg
              Last edited by RiverMomm; February 14, 2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverMomm View Post
                I so remember that big ice storm of 2009 in the Midwest! We lived near St. Louis (Chesterfield) and went without power for TWO WEEKS. Most got their power back after a week or so but we were not so lucky because when one of the trees lost all of it's limbs, it pulled the power meter off our house. No meter, no power-even if the power lines were fixed.

I actually started to cry the day the power guys from a neighboring state were in my back yard and replaced our meter and connected the power.

I remember when we bought our house in MO- looking at the acre of land and 40 mature trees . . . thinking wow, so pretty. Then after the ice storm thinking. . . OMG- WHAT are we going to do with all these trees?!?! I have never looked at mature trees near a house the same.

This is my back yard today in Canada-yes, that is my rocking chair. I hate it when the snow is higher than my snow boots.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]68376[/ATTACH]
                oh my gosh, look who's back! My fellow You Tube buddy, RiverMomm! So glad to see you on the forum again, Vicky!

Comment

Wow as scary as those photos are they sure are beautiful!

Comment

I remember the ice storm of 2007. It was horrible but looked beautiful. The worse part for us besides no power was I was on crutches and trying to deal with the our little children who were about 15 months, 3 years and 6 years. My husband's factory still had power so he had to go to work. Not a fun time. But at least no one around the area was killed or hurt due to the ice.

Comment

Ok- so I have been sitting here thinking over and over- was it the storm of 2007 or 2009? My youngest was in middle school so maybe 2007. yep, once something starts rolling around in this brain, it won't stop. sigh. LOL

Comment

We had the same thing here that winter. It was really miserable. We were without power for over two weeks.
                        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                        X