Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess who I met at the Paducah quilt show?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess who I met at the Paducah quilt show?????

Yep you guessed it. I had just walked into the "Bubble" building (we call it) and there stood Linda and her friend and her new tote. I wasn't for sure it was her but I knew that tote immediately!! I was so excited to get to meet a quilting buddy. It was great to meet her even though we(my sister and friend) had to keep moving because my sister had been up since 7:30 the night before!! She works midnights and was fading fast and it was early in our day.Bad thing is my sister doesn't even sew!! She just came to see what I have always raved about. She was glad she came but it wasn't very much fun after about ten oclock for her. My friend and I had a blast though. I really wanted to meet Linda for lunch but I didn't want to make my sister feel like I just came to meet up with Linda. Next year Linda we will spend some time together if you get to come back.Great, great, great meeting up with you today!!! Oh yea I bought several fat quarters and a new fancy rolling ruler thingy.And of course lots of pictures!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RFREE; April 29, 2011, 07:03 PM.

Re: Guess who I met at the Paducah quilt show?????

Rhonda it was great getting to meet you! We definitely need to plan more time to visit next year. I just got back home around 11:30pm tonight and am exhausted....but really enjoyed getting to go to Paducah for the first time. They had a few rough spots with their shuttle transportation process that kept me and Sewsumi from getting to see as much as we wanted....but with the flood concerns and moving the quilt show locations at the last minute they did a good job! Next year I think we should definitely go for two days to see it all! I am so tired right now I'm about to fall asleep at the computer, but tomorrow I will post several of the pics I took of all the beautiful quilts...some were just amazing!!

Here is the pic Sewsumi took of us:
    AQS PADUCAH QUILT SHOW 2011_0110 MED.jpg
    Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

what fun! Glad you two got to meet up.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I love the part about "I knew that tote immediately." How fun to meet up with a quilting buddy.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Lovely to see you girls 'in the flesh' so to speak. Could you feel me there tugging at the handles of your beautiful totes! I was!

Mary B.

Comment

How cool that you got to meet each other! Next year you'll have more time and enjoy yourselves even more, I'm sure.
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Look at you girls sporting your lovely totes! Sounds like you had a great time. Yup, I'm jealous!!!
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
              X