Great News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great News

This is very off topic, but I wanted to share my good news. I was diagnosed a year ago with the most aggressive breast cancer. Yesterday I had my one-year checkup and was declared cancer free! I give God the glory. I serve a mighty God.

This particular cancer, inflammatory breast cancer, has no lumps and often no symptoms. It grows in sheets. I had no symptoms that would have caused me to think I had cancer. All women over 50 have microcalcifications in their breasts that look like grains of salt. When reading my mammogram a perceptive radiologist saw a few of them grouped together which he said could be something or nothing. He said I could come back in 3 months for another mammogram or have a biopsy. I chose the biopsy which was a good choice as this cancer doubles its size every 3 months. I give you these details to encourage each of you to get your yearly mammogram. It can save your life.

Re: Great News

That is great news!! So happy for you.......God is good!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Rejoicing and praising God with you!!
      Blessings ~ Sally \0/

Comment

Originally posted by Pattycake View Post
        This is very off topic, but I wanted to share my good news. I was diagnosed a year ago with the most aggressive breast cancer. Yesterday I had my one-year checkup and was declared cancer free! I give God the glory. I serve a mighty God.

This particular cancer, inflammatory breast cancer, has no lumps and often no symptoms. It grows in sheets. I had no symptoms that would have caused me to think I had cancer. All women over 50 have microcalcifications in their breasts that look like grains of salt. When reading my mammogram a perceptive radiologist saw a few of them grouped together which he said could be something or nothing. He said I could come back in 3 months for another mammogram or have a biopsy. I chose the biopsy which was a good choice as this cancer doubles its size every 3 months. I give you these details to encourage each of you to get your yearly mammogram. It can save your life.
        I'm so happy to hear you are cancer free!
        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

That's wonderful news!
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Wonderful News!
            Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

So happy to hear your good news!

Comment

Wonderful News!
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Such good news...thank you for sharing!
                  sigpicMISA
                  I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

I'm rejoicing with you...yes, we do serve a mighty God! I faithfully get a mammogram every October.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Blessings indeed. A reason to celebrate.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

A blessing indeed! I'm glad that you shared your good news as well. There are quite a few of us who are/have battled that bad monster "BC" and we need to encourage everyone to get those annual check ups.

Prayers to those sisters who are waiting for answers and those who are battling the beast - know that we are here for you!

Huggers, Ruby
                        sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

So happy for you. Congrats.
                          sigpic
                          Hugs Ann

Comment

Great news! Hip hip hooray!
                            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I had a Mammogram appointment for the beginning of January, I cancelled it as I was working. 2 ladies here have posted about mammograms recently, I think someone up above is reminding me to call for another appointment. Time to look out the phone number.
                              sigpic Christine.

Comment

Working...
                              X