Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday? Already?!?

Hi Quilty Friends!
    Another quick zip through on the way to another busy day. I'll try to catch up with everybody goings on this evening.
    Have a great day!
    Cathy
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Re: Friday? Already?!?

Morning! This was a fast week! What a change outside a few warm days makes. Last week my tulips were about 4 inches high, now they are in full bloom! sadly the grass decided to shoot up too. Our old mower pretty much died by the end of last summer so DH is scouting out a new one. We don't have a big yard so it will be a walk-behind. I'm pushing for the big wheel style. Not that it matters, I won't be mowing for a while. DARN!! ; )
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm really tired of this MN chill I'm ready to move!!! I'd like to be somewhere warm and sunny or at least where it does not snow! Well at least I have my sewing machine to keep positive energy flowing.

Comment

Thought I'd share the view from my sewing room window. Not that I'll be spending a whole lot of time gazing at it - yardwork beckons, BIG time . Ah well, I can use the exercise and Mike will be happy. (Ssh, but I'm playing hooky from work today; it was just too beautiful outside to spend the day in a bank!)

Warmest thoughts of you all as I pull weeds and rake leaves. If you aren't as lucky as I am with your weather, I hope you at least get to sew!

So saddened by the tragedy in the south. Where do those poor folks begin to clean up?

I didn't get up early but I did watch the Royal Wedding this morning, and checked out the clothes and the HATS especially on yahoo. Mike scoffed, lectured about the redundancy and moral wrong of monarchies, etc. etc. Very male of him. He didn't have the fairytales when he was little. I think a lot of us girls get a kick out of the show. When I was 17, 30 years ago, I DID get up early to watch Charles and Diana marry. Did you?

Hope Rebecca got to enjoy the experience for us stay-at-homes. I think she was planning to be in the crowd...?

Have a wonderful day, everyone, and thanks for letting me ramble.
        Attached Files
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Well, I got up, peeked in at the wedding and then decided to sew a table runner I started for my DIL. I made a mess of it. I don't know if the batting was too heavy or I snipped in the wrong places but I made a mess of it. All my points came out good. It was the dips that look messy. I know I clipped far enough. Any more and I would have cut through the stitching. I made the charm table runner called basket of flowers. The one where you start out with two charms, then four charms and then five charm rows. Back to four and then two to finish it up. It looked good when I had it pinned. I pressed it and smoothed it as I went to make sure everything lined up. I just don't know where I went wrong. I don't have a camera so can't post pictures. I just want to give up on it. I'm such a sorry quilter. Then of course 2 wasps chased me around the room until I was wheezing from asthma. I finally killed the little buggers. I can't spray them because of the birds being in the room. So I used a broom and really upset the birds! It was comedy central I'm sure! I'm afraid of wasps and hornets, and thunder storms. Oh yeah, and Mastiffs. One put my head in her mouth and tried to eat my face. After stitches to my eyelids, and teeth mark bruises I put them on the list of fearful things too. But back to my table runner. What batting would you have used? Is that where I made my mistake? Hugs, Jan
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hey all. Jan you are too funny...Love ya! Deb your yard is Beautiful! As a Canadian I watched the Royal wedding and loved it. Love the hats...wish hats would come back in style! Have'nt done much sewing since my classes last week. Too busy with work and such. Off to Mom's this weekend (6 hour drive) so hopefully next week. Mom's DL expires in May and we are having a family conference ( my brother is at her house now) to decide where she is going to live etc. Not looking forward to this at all!
            sigpic
            Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Hey Ladies!
              Sorry I didn't make it in this morning. I was busy watching the royal nuptials. I had to leave for work right while they were in the carriage on their way to where they were going. Castle, right? All the blue hairs sighed re telling of the two kisses. I reckon I will watch it on the replays on the tv or 'net. Lovely wedding. such a handsome couple! Don't you know that their children will be good lookers!
              Rebecca, Jill and all of our UK sisters, I wonder if there was anything else on your tv? Here in the states there was little else. Which was fine. Yanks are infactuated with with Brits in general. Y'all could say boogers or cooties and we would think it sounded elegant.

Deb, love that view! Your garden is just like mine. A patchwork of color and texture. So calming yet invigorating at the same time.

Jan, I don't know what to tell you. What type of batting did you use? for runners I, myself, have learned to prefer lightweight or flannel as it seems to lie smoother on the table. That is my opinion. And heckfire shoot gal! Wasps, hornets, are all a bane to my family. My Daddy was and my Sis is - very allergic to the point of needing immediate medical from a sting. She needs to get one of those pen things again. And a Mastiff? Was he trying to be friendly? I am hoping that I read correctly that this must be an older event as I can't imagine you being able to sit and type much less sew with those injuries. Girlfriend, you amaze me.

Sewsoft, my cousin called me from Wisconsin and said that this week alone they had snow, ice and then rain. Gimme a break! I shall pray for extra warm weather for you. Feel better sweetie. I know these extreme temps are not good for you.

Okies, ladies. Off to bake some cupcakes. It is my sister's birthday and while we will celebrate after I finish work tomorrow, I do want her to get a small cake smashed in her face since she will always be younger than I.

Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Blondie, I was giving my daughters mastiff a treat. She accepted the first one so I gave her one more. They were small she weighed 120 pounds. I smiled at her when I gave the second treat, she lunged for my face and I looked down the inside of her throat as she bit me. I had stitches in my eyelids, teeth marks from my chin to my forehead. The moral of this story: Don't smile at a Mastiff. They think you are baring your teeth at them, and she attacked me. There was something wrong with this dog. Come to find out she had bitten a neighbors hand and finally when she attacked my grandson, she was put down. My daughter had such a love affair with this dog that her cousin threatened to shoot the dog if she didn't put her down. Until her own son was attacked, and he suffered the worst of the attacks, she thought maybe there was a problem. Her cousin used some pretty strong language to get her attention and then threatened to do it herself if Lila didn't follow through. That lasted until my son in law got home and then the dog was put into the car and taken to the vet. Dan was furious with Lila because he had told her something had to be done to this dog. Then on follow up with the breeder they found out 7 out of 10 pups from this breeding also had to be put down for the same reason.
                I was told I should write a book cause I have had some weird freaky things happen to me. I'm a magnet for the weird I guess. This episode happened in 2005. My grandson took 52 stitches. I told my daughter her priorities were a lot screwed up if she thought she could keep this dog and one of her kids could be killed by the dog. She tried to keep that incident a secret from me. That didn't last long of course. Her cousin blew her in. We tried to do our best with Lila but since we didn't get her until she was 16 some things were already ingrained and there was nothing Joe or I could do for her. She tries but sometimes her thought process is a bit skewed. Even her husband who is a saint has taken her to task. She doesn't talk to me much anymore which is a heartbreak but I know in my heart Joe and I did our best.
                As for the table runner, I used 80/20 and probably should have used flannel. I'm learning!!! I'm sorry at it but I'm learning, one wrong project at a time. LOL Someday I'll be ok at it. Then they will wrap me in that quilt and bury me. Love ya, Jan
                Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Sorry you are having such a time with that table runner Jan. It can be quite annoying when we want to get something done and it takes more time to figure things out, but hopefully when I do that I remember the next time so I don't do the mistake again.

Great double header softball game tonight with Katie, but - the weather could have cooperated a tad more. I was FREEZING! Wore a longjohn shirt, sweatshirt, and a heavy sweatshirt jacket and had a blanket wrapped around me. The temps were in the low 60's but the wind was whipping and some rain came and went a few times. I'm still warming up. Tomorrow is another game - weather to be in the low 70's. She's not talking to me much, but that's okay. I'm THERE at every game. Whenever she turns around, I am THERE. If she sneezes, I am THERE. She's gonna know I will always be THERE.

So, tomorrow is a game and I'll be working in the basement to gather the last of the yard sale things for the 14th. That will leave me with next weekend to price it all so I'm ready. Like to be prepared.

Well, need to get to la-la land. Think I'll sleep pretty good tonight after all the shivering I have done tonight.

See ya'll tomorrow! Hugs,
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                  http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                  http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Working...
                  X