Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday morning hellos

Hello Folksies!

It's Saturday morning, I am getting ready to hobble across the road to work a few hours and then I intend on carrying Mom over to my DD's house for awhile to visit. We are going to be making Valentines Wreaths. Well, not me, but DD is. She is a good wreath maker and has them for every season and holiday imaginable. I shall enjoy their coffee. They buy the good stuff. Whole bean and all. My SIL loves me so he always has fresh ground coffee ready for me. And when he isn't expecting me and I happen to show up, he still loves me and always says, Hey Ma, want some bean juice? Yes, I am blessed. I am truly blessed.

Last evening I actually got to go into my basement studio to sew. I held on to the bannister and s-l-o-w-l-y made my way down. Luscious was with me. I won't do that again unless someone is with me. Even though the toe is much better, I am still not very confident. I figger a few more weeks and I will be good to go running up and down those steps again. Anyway, while I was downstairs, surveying the disaster that my sewing area is, I was able to sit with my kitty Dinah, watch some Olympics and then climb back up those stairs. The climb back up was much easier than going down. Dontcha wish life was like that? It is always easier going down than climbing back up.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Saturday morning hellos

Wow, Blondie! That can of tomatoes on your toe really is cramping your style! Hope it heals up soon and you can be free of pain.

I'm a night owl and an early bird today. I couldn't sleep at all last night thinking about how to quilt my Irish Chain quilt. So, I just got up and started to quilt it. I got about half of it quilted. I will be tired today!

Got a new version of my Janome yesterday. After a bunch of trouble with my 7700, including a dead motherboard, I just took it to my dealer and asked what he would give me on a trade. The numbers were good, so I am now the proud owner of a Janome 8900. It is a new itteration of the 7700 so it fits in my table, and basically functions the same way. No steep learning curve here! I've got too much to do in the coming months to learn a whole new machine! It works well, i finished my borders on it last night, so far so good!

Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Good morning. I had planned to do some sewing yesterday but then there was curling to watch and then the Opening ceremonies for the Olympics. So I sat and crocheted a whole lot of dishcloths. I would like to get some sewing done today unless hubby has other ideas for the day.

Blondie, I sure hope your toe heals real soon and that you are back to being 100%. Well you already are 100% in my books.

Have a wonderful day friends.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Morning,

We were up late watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics. It was quite a show.

We have to go to Cuba today. One of our tenants is having trouble with the furnace. This is not the weather for that. Not sure what time we will leave.

Blondie, take care of The Toe! I've had to hobble like you more times than I care to mention and it's not fun at all. Dang that can of tomatoes!

Time permitting I would like to lay out two quilt tops today. I seem to be making blocks and letting them sit lately. One quilt is for Jeff and he wants to help me lay it out. It's a simple Double Slice (my first one) made from outdoorsy fabric that I don't really care for. Sometimes things look better when they are put together and quilted. The other top is the Falling Charms I pieced before jury duty.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday. I wish we could stay home and watch the Olympics, but I know they will be rerun time after time. Hugs all around.....
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Saturday to you all!!! I am headed off to the place to do the thing shortly, but just wanted to say HELLO to everyone, and ((((((((((((((((((GROUPHUG)))))))))))))))))))) Sounds like A lot of them need to be spread about....

I am UNsewing while watching these Olympics. Decided that the quilt started in 2000 wasn't going to handquilt itself, so I am removing all that I have done and am shipping it off to be machine quilted!!! That is TWO quilts I have resurrected and am DETERMINED to get finished this year!!!!
          ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

Good morning....

Not much going on here today. It will be a sewing day for me. I've been cutting my strip sets for the Irish Chain quilt I'm making. I will be going out to my sewing room in a little while to make two more pillows to go with my Ellie Ann quilt. I need to measure a couple of windows and get the curtains made for my bedroom...so I might do that also. Later today I'm going to start putting a quilt on the frame. I like having a few projects going so I can switch to something else when I get tired of the one I'm working on. I've noticed when I get tired or bored with my current project that I begin to make mistakes.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Good morning to everyone, plan to do sewing since it is cold
              Debbie

Comment

Yea!! It's Saturday and I am getting out of the house....

It has been so cold and then all the snow and ice around here. Well, my better sense told me to just stay in and stay warm / safe. The KID doesn't want me to fall and break something. (she must have nightmares about it) So I was good and stay in/warm & safe. But it is time to get some FRESH AIR.. the walk to get the mail from the box just isn't doin' it for this ol gal..

I will only be getting groceries, but it's the walk about the store, seeing different faces and even sharing a smile and hello... Yes, life is great when you can "share" it by being out in IT.
                Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                :icon_wave:

Comment

Good Morning, all!
                  Donna

Comment

Good morning all. We got a bit of snow again. It is only 9 here. Laundry day and have to run granddaughter to her cheer and tumbling later. I haven't been able to get my self to sew for a few days. Just can't seem to get started on anything.
                    Anyway wishing you all a great week end. God Bless all.
                    sigpic
                    Hugs Ann

Comment

Good morning. We've got snow this morning too. I didn't watch the Olympics last night...sounds un-American maybe, but I just get the results on the news instead of watching. I hope everyone gets to do whatever they have planned for today. Unless the roads clear off or DH drives, I'll be staying at home.
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Good Morning All!

Hope everyone is staying warm! Hope to finish quilting my Butterflies in the Flower Garden quilt (form the swap ) today and then I need to finish up the bindings on my Carnival Alter Ego quilt. I am really excited that I finally understand the leader ender thing. Never really understood it until KathyCrofoot described it on her post. I really need to focus on UFO's before I start any new quilts though! But, then again, I do have a super cute kit for a Valentines table runner that keeps taunting me - otherwise it will not get used for another year! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Might venture out to Joann's since I have a 20% off entire purchase coupon that expires today.
                        Happy Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
                          Good Morning All!

Hope everyone is staying warm! Hope to finish quilting my Butterflies in the Flower Garden quilt (form the swap ) today and then I need to finish up the bindings on my Carnival Alter Ego quilt. I am really excited that I finally understand the leader ender thing. Never really understood it until KathyCrofoot described it on her post. I really need to focus on UFO's before I start any new quilts though! But, then again, I do have a super cute kit for a Valentines table runner that keeps taunting me - otherwise it will not get used for another year! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Might venture out to Joann's since I have a 20% off entire purchase coupon that expires today.
                          I'm going too! But I think it expires tomorrow...oh, need to go check now.
                          Cil
                          A quilt is a blanket of love
                          http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                          http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Good morning everyone! It is a sunny 23* here today. We are going to go get our taxes done in a little bit so I'm doing my reading now.
                            We watched the Opening Ceremonies last night. They did some really cool stuff. I like to watch the winter games, so looking forward to the next two weeks.
                            Well, I think today I am going to clean off my sewing table and get another order of pillows out the door. I have an order for 13 more. This person gave me some nice sweaters and sweatshirts to work with so I'm really looking forward to it.
                            Well, hoping everyone has a great day! Blondie, I hope your toe gets better soon..seems like you've been in pain for too long.
                            Everyone else...be careful out there with all the ice and snow.
                            Cil
                            A quilt is a blanket of love
                            http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                            http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Good Morning all! Blondie, it is great that you attempted stairs - that is real progress with your poor toe!

I actually sewed some last night and finished some projects! I machine embroidered my new great nephews name on some flannel and made them into burp cloths - I think my machine needs serviced, they turned out worse than the last ones and I used the topping stabilizer. So, I ended up using most of the ones that I did last week and wasn't totally thrilled with.

I tried to do a small quilt for Sue's stillborn bereavement group, but it is too small - only 13 inches square - don't know why I didn't measure it before I pillowcased it and did the quilting. It will become a doll blanket for the big sis of the new nephew. Have another one almost together, it will get borders to make it big enough for Sue's group.

Need to get a couple more things done and then hopefully get to the post office today. If not, will get there Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone! Hugs and prayers, Lisa
                              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Working...
                              X