Thank you all again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all again...

My husband passed away a month ago....on January 8th. It's still very hard for me to "get" that he actually died... I knew it was coming... Just not that day... I thought we had a little more time...

Anyway, I want to thank everyone on this forum for your loving support.... Your kind words have been la real comfort to me.

Some have expressed sadness that the forum is not the kind, welcoming place it once was.... I have found the forum to be a loving, supportive place. I come here every day, and am always glad I did.

God bless you all....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Thank you all again...

Sandy, It is good to hear from you and you sound like you are doing fine....I hope that to be the case.....this is a really great forum and I know it is a part of our everyday lives!
    Just continue to come here and talk to us when-ever you like. There will always be someone here with a kind word, a prayer and even some funny stuff!
    ~Kathy~

Comment

Sandy, it seems like things get testy here over the littlest things, and for those like you who have suffered great loss, we hope to be here to support you and lift you up in prayer? One month has gone b for you to try to redefine and redirect your life as a widow, that's not very long. Others may want to see you get " back to normal". Well, you have to figure out a whole new normal. My neighbor who lost his wife several years ago kept saying that, he was getting used to a new normal.

I'm so glad you got a chance to go to the quilt retreat, even if it was shortened by bad weather. It's part of looking forward, which is important, I think! You seem to be using quilting as a healing activity! Stick with it and remember your friends here want to be there for you!

Comment

I am relatively new to this forum but so far have found the people on it so supportive of each other, a real community. I am so glad to have found it. The forum is the first thing I look at each day.
        Hugs to you Sandy, with each month that passes the pain of your loss will ease a little bit.
        ​Robyn

Comment

Aww sandy! Hugs to you! I know it must be hard to adapt...I am so glad you have this forum to come to! Blessings and prayers for you!
          Mary
          SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

(((HUGS)))
            Donna

Comment

I have not been in your shoes but I will certainly lend an ear or a shoulder when you need it.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

It's a year of firsts for you. We're all here for you, day or night, if you ever need anything. ((Hugs))
                My friends call me Peggy
                The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

(((Sandy)))
                  Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I know you are walking in shoes that don't feel quite right yet. Take your time and be kind to yourself. We're here for you with hugs, prayers and support. (((Hugs)))
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

All I can say is we can't take away the sorrow or the times you are so lonesome and missing him but we are here to listen and encourage you and pray for you. And I thank you for your thoughts and prayers for Jesse and his family while you are still going through your time of mourning. Hugs Ann
                      sigpic
                      Hugs Ann

Comment

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Sandy, Keep popping in to let us know how you are doing or just to say "Hello" as you find your "new normal" like Jean said. I'll pass the 'new normal' advice along to DS#1, he's 58 and lost his 56 yr. old wife a few months ago. Like your situation they knew it wouldn't be long but they had been kayaking 2 days before she suddenly left us. Keeping you in my prayers.

Comment

Hi Sandy... This forum is and always will be the place to come to fill a day or find an answer to so many of your questions... Perfect, of course not,, we all know that's a myth!!!LOL But from the Doan's who have built this wonderful place and grown their dream including us all... to those of us that have been here from day one (I think I may be one).. you will never find a nicer group.. We are always here!! Trying to be our best! As for the new normal.. I've made a few "beginnings" over the years,, some easy, some not so easy, but with faith and patience, we find our way... Hugs, Barbara
                            "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                            that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Sandy, I am glad that the forum has been a happy place for you to go for distraction or for support or whatever. You are traveling an unknown road at the moment and that is unsettling even when you know it is going to happen. At some point your new road will just become the road you are on and not seem so new. Hugs and prayers, Lisa
                              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Working...
                              X