I'm such a bad mom :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm such a bad mom :(

I was watching tv and an alert came on for flooding and it showed the date. Oh my gosh it's one of my dd's birthday's. I thought it was tomorrow! I need a hug. I feel awful
    🌺 Lorie

Re: I'm such a bad mom

Here's a hug ((((())))). Your her mom, you were there on her birthday when it really counted!! Don't beat yourself up, see the humor in it. Have a great day.

Comment

Too funny. My daughters would be calling me if I did not text them happy birthday at 121 a.m. Lol.

I have one daughter that i even say happy birthday eve the day before. She starts talking about her birthday the day after the one she just had lol. She is precious

I am sure your daughter is fine with it. Hopefully she would eventually call you just to be sure all was ok
      Karen
      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Here you go:
        InternetHug.jpg

Hope it helps - I am terrible with dates!
        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Happy anniversary of giving birth. You didn't forget her birthday, you just didn't know what day it was.
          My friends call me Peggy
          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I think I'm forgiven. I called and it was about 10. She was shopping for her BoyF's sisters baby shower. She is on another island and I just miss her so much. Sometimes I think I don't have kids anymore .
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I did virtually the same thing myself this year. It was my DD#3's birthday. She's always gotten somewhat "cheated" because DD#1 has a birthday, the next month DD#2 has a birthday, the very next month DD#4 has a birthday and then just a few days later, DD#3 has hers. I was always so tired by the fourth birthday that she didn't always get the best birthday parties.

Well this year I had to work through the weekend onto a Monday, then got off on Tuesday. So Tuesday felt like Monday and I was off a day for the entire week. Suddenly, at 9PM her time, I realized it was actually her birthday. I grabbed DH and we dialed her cell phone. We were so glad that she answered!

I had sent a card--you know, the kinds that isn't empty--so it turned out she didn't feel like we'd forgotten. But that was certainly a close call! Like your daughter, mine forgave me. We must have done something right raising them!
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Want to know how bad I am? Two years ago, I was in the car with DS#8, who was smiling at his phone.
                Me: "Who're you texting, Son?"
                David: "My girlfriend is texting me."
                Me: "Now why would she be texting you in the middle of the afternoon?"
                David: "She wanted to wish me a happy 21st birthday."
                Me: "OH, DAVID, I'M SO SORRY!!! I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!!!"
                David: "It's cool, Mom. Krystal's got it covered."

Happily, Krystal will become my 5th Daughter-in-Love this summer. So I guess I don't have to worry about his birthdays any more...

Comment

I've done the same thing! My excuse is that I have too many kids to remember all their birthdays. They're lucky I remember their names!

Of course, I'd never let them forget my birthday. I start reminding them weeks in advance.
                  Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                  X