Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's Wednesday; I made it in!

Good Morning, Ladies
    I have been awake since 4 am. Singing praises and happy in my soul. I have a feeling of great expectation for some reason. And who could not be happy when they have such a cheerful little mate like Gracie to wake up to? I declare that dog is a bundle of delight. Even Luscious has come around.

Patticakes, you and I are much alike. I did find two baskets while thrifting on Monday; I am a sucker for them as well as crazed dishes. You should read what I wrote on my blog a few years ago:http://vintageprims.blogspot.com/200...t-matters.html
    I am always on the look out for tea cups and saucers for pinnies and also have made some clocks out of beautiful china that I have found.

Will be praying for our sister, Lisa, in surgery this day.

Off to get ready for some more weed pulling. Some storms are heading this way this afternoon; need to stay ahead of that.

Blessings to each one today.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: So it's Wednesday; I made it in!

Blondie, what a delightful blog you have! I love pretty old mismatched dishes, too, but live in such a tiny house that I limit myself to items we need plus the china we have to save for the next generation, and so I don't indulge myself in 49 cent plates <G>.

Thinking of Lisa and Sewsoft and any other quilting sis who isn't 100% today.

My long day at work, so I'll be catching up on my reading here in my hours and hours of downtime! Hope y'all are lucky enough to be sewing, or gardening, or doing something more interesting than working!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Good morning Blondie and Deb,

I did not get as much sewing as I would have liked to but did get a lot of little things done. I slept like a log last night and did not get up at 3 am. Bonus!!

Rain, rain and more rain in the forecast. I guess raking will have to wait.

A wonderful day is ordered for you all today even if the weather does not co-operate.

Monique
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Love your blog Blondie. What is a pinnie that you use the tea cups for. Many years ago my Mom gave me her tea cup collection, complete with wall rack. And I used to have a house with room to display it. Sadly, now it sits in boxes and I don't know what to do with it as we're only downsizing and I'll never have room for it. Suggestions?

I too am sending prays to Lisa and all thoughs dealing with health issues. Get better soon!!!

Drizzly again today. Much of the snow has melted in the mountains and made its way down the rivers to Lake Champlain which is flooding; tributaries overflowing. A couple days without rain (and NO MORE SNOW) would help greatly.

Wishing a great day for everyone!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Loonwatcher, why don't you use the cups everyday for your tea/coffee? You'll think of your mom every time you use them!

Comment

Good morning everyone. Praying for Lisa during this time.

Wild fires everywhere. Smoke is in the air. The small town 20 miles south of us had 2 grass fires. One threatened the new cemetery. It just made my heart sink for all the folks who have friends and relatives there. The town 20 miles north of us had a wild fire. This is supposedly the worst drought since the great depression in our state. We keep praying for rain and for the winds to calm.

Put two borders on a panel for my sister last night and will sandwich it and hopefully get it ready to quilt tonight. We're thinking of trying to machine quilt it on the new machine. I told her it might work if we stay in the ditch!

Hope each of you have a wonderful day!

Comment

I agree with twnkeyes. Even if you just pull out a few at a time it would be so much better than leaving them in a box. Why do we do this? I do the same thing. Too nice to use, right? Well, life is short and what's the point of having these things if we can't enjoy them? It seems to me there should be as much pleasure using them as there is in acquiring them.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Good Morning, EVERYONE!! Thinking of all who are going through difficulties. Lisa, get better soon - be out here kicking up your heels. Paula, sure hope you're doing well and not feeling any undue effects of your Chemo. Here's to Blondie's Mom getting better real soon. Patti, sure hope you are making the best of your free time. Jan, staying cozy and not having any aches and pains. Rebecca is surely enjoying some Spring weather. NM Lady - I'm praying some of this rain heads your way. It's not raining here today, but it is chilly and I don't want to be out in it. Nancy and Monique stay inside and sew today. That's what I plan to do.

Gotta make a trip to the grocery and then finish putting the binding on another baby quilt for my new grandbaby - slated to make his/her appearance sometime in the next couple of weeks. Al and I took three of the granddaughters to see a play last night - "Shrew in a Few" - a shortened version of "The Taming of a Shrew". Amazingly they truly enjoyed it and were able to keep up with the 'different' language and understand. While we were out they informed me that they already had their suitcases packed for a night with Nana and Papa while Mom and Dad head to the hospital to pick out a new baby . . . well, that wasn't their words, they do know where they come from . . . Anyway, Miss Emily informed me that she packed her swimming suit just in case we get the pool open before the baby comes and then she can go swimming while they are here. The kid dreams big. If it gets warm enough to open the pool this year I will definitely be surprised. I'm all for building a pool house OVER it and turning up the heat.

Everyone have a great day. Prayers being sent where needed. Hugs to everyone else.

Jan, what's the latest with Em and Morgan?
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Morning All!
                  Just running through on my way out. Probably no sewing today. The yard work job I took on is more complicated that I thought. No work has been done there for several years. The grass has taken over the the flower beds and the roses and other shrubs are out of control. It will look good when I'm done though.
                  Prayers for Lisa for a good surgery and quick healing. Prayers of thanks for our wonderful group of quilty friends here.
                  Take care! Cathy
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by twnkeyes View Post
                    Loonwatcher, why don't you use the cups everyday for your tea/coffee? You'll think of your mom every time you use them!
                    Good idea...if only I drank coffee or tea...
                    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Good Afternoon!
                      I feel like I am sleeping in these days when I sleep until 7 am because I used to get up at 4:30 am! Of course, I am staying up past 10 pm every evening too. Another dreary day in paradise and for some reason everything is irritating me. I am way past "TOM" so not I know it's not that so I can only blame the weather!
                      Last night I quilted for a couple of hours until the twists and turns of the quilting finally got to my neck. Fell fast asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow! So nice not to have the day to day stress I had! Now that the house is cleaned again, I am going to try to quilt for an hour, then work on a few of the Surfer Girl squares to see if some bright fabric cheers me up.
                      I had quite a few tea cups that were just beautiful but got rid of some of them when I got in a purging mood a few years ago. I did keep a select few that a friend gave me as a gift when I left New England that are really unique. They are somewhere stored with my doilies. Here is a pic on one that I got a few months ago at Goodwill. It is much larger than a tea cup, really big with almost 5" across and has "22 kt." included in the stamp on the bottom. I just love the faded, old look of it and store my quilting markers, etc in it.
                      Off to switch the laundry and work on something quilty!
                      Attached Files
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Just popping to say hi and praying for those in the path of the storms.
                        Still not any sewing here, but have flower seeds to plant tonight.

Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Working...
                        X