Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday - a new week and almost new month

Happy Monday Folksies
    Yepper, it's Monday. all day long. I watched half of the super bowl - one of the most epic-ly boring games of well, forever. I was dissapointed since I love a good back and forth game. Manning was truly psyched out and defeated acting after the first ten seconds. JMOHO.

The snow has melted away here, rain today and for the next few. I woke up yesterday morning and sat on the front porch down at Mom's feeling like it was a spring day. At least I was able to enjoy a perfect cuppa on a perfect morning. I am looking forward to more lovely mornings where I can enjoy the birds swooping down, singing and twittering. Why oh why did the groundhog have to say 6 more weeks of winter? drats!

I plan on nothing today. My tummy is a bit upset (too much party hardy? nah. I was good) and I think a little more sleep is back in order. Have a great day everyone. Blessings to all and here's a smile to get you on your way.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Monday - a new week and almost new month

Good morning.. sure isn't feeling like spring here... snowed yesterday and is only 8* this morning. I can't seem to get warm.

I couldn't watch the Super Bowl...living out in the sticks with only an antenna we can't pick up the signal for Fox. I am kind of glad I couldn't see the Bronco's lose. But I did miss the commercials and the half time show.

Going to stay under the covers today and nap I think. I have a bit of a stomach bug and I think extra sleep is in order for the day.

Have a great day everyone.
    Hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Morning, I agree with you observations of the game. So sad when it's not a good fight. Best part for me was my youngest stopped by and asked why I was not having my Bowl party. Did not seem like there was any interest this year. He puts on the sad face so I said I can cook you dinner. That got a big grin he plopped down and stayed the entire game.
      sigpicAnita G.

Comment

Good Morning!

Not to rub it in, but it is already HOT here. We've had the A/C on for the last two days. Not good. I know many would trade places with me, but, please, could we have at least a little more winter down here? 60's would be nice. On the positive side, the rainy, gloomy days are over for a while.

I have the next four days off work, but plenty of work to do. My kitchen and utility room floor was put down yesterday - going out to see it this morning. Still more painting, flooring and such to finish. Speaking of painting, Blondie and May, while you are cleaning out y our closets will you please be on the lookout for a quart size can of "Valley Mist" paint? It seems to have gone into the black hole and maybe you might find it! I have checked every black hole this side of the state line and it's not in any of them. I really hate to go buy another one.

I am so anxious to get all of this done so that I can get back to quilting and scrapbooking.

Hope everyone has a great day - stay warm if you are in the path of the next storm. You know, I think I would be more than ticked if I had sold my Super Bowl tickets for "next to nothing" (compared to what they were worth) and then the big snow storm didn't happen. I wonder how long it will take for someone to sue The Weather Channel? Oh well, I wouldn't have had tickets to sell - not a big sports fan anyway.
        Donna

Comment

Morning, Blondie!
          IT's very cold here and the forecast is very yucky for this week. We could get 6-10 inches of snow by tomorrow...Oh joy. I didn't venture out this past weekend because of the sleet. Guess what? I do not want to go to work today.
          I saw probably 2/3 of the super Bowl. The commercials this year were not as good as the past ones. There was even a couple that made me upset!
          Anywho, I had the January block of KC Star 2014 tribute to WW1 veterans mostly cut (except for the applique pieces). I started piecing it together and the foundation done. Then, I was going to cut out the applique pieces only to found out....I do not have the "correct" color of green for the leaves....I was not happy with myself. So, that project is at a stand still until I get the right olive color to complete the block!!!!!
          Last edited by shermur; February 3, 2014, 05:35 AM.
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Good morning....

I didn't go anywhere over the week-end.....just stayed home and enjoyed it. We're expecting 6-10" of snow tomorrow night (which translates to probably 1-2") so I need to get my work done just in case we don't work on Wednesday. I am so ready for spring, summer, fall...any season but winter.

Need to get busy...have a great day! Prayers and hugs
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Morning all! Just another chilly morning in southwest Missouri! Dd got lots of snow down at school...thankfully it skipped us here. Just a bit if freezing rain and sleet. I heard on the news there was snow in Hawaii?? Someone will have to check in and tell us about that!
              DH and I were commenting yesterday that this winter seems like one from when we were kids.

I worked on a small girly quilt this weekend. Just need the binding.

Today I am thankful for my job!!

It's off to work today for me...everyone have a great day!!
              Mary
              SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Morning all. It is SNOWING again here. we could get 3 to 5 inches not devastating but enough is enough. Hubby just called from the road said its slick out there. This is the time I would be leaving for work so he said stay home. YAY snow day. sewing for me !!! I don't watch the superbowl but the kids do and they also said epically boring. I am a happy girl today not because its snowing and I get to saty home and sew... But because Patt (quiltingfreestyle) has a piece of the fabric I desperatly needed for my snowman runner for UFO group. THANK YOU PATT!!! that makes me a happy girl doing the happy dance. Stay warm all , hugs to all that need them. Working on a pink X's and O's quilt for PICU today, have 6 rows complete thinking I will make it 9 long.
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good morning all! No snow here today, YET! It is supposed to be a bunch hitting this afternoon.

I worked on my irish chain top and got it all put together yesterday, ready to be quilted. It ended up pretty big, maybe too big! Before I quilt it, I need to check with my client to make sure it won't overwhelm the bed.

Love the irish chain pattern. Goes together really easy!

Hope you all have a great day! Stay warm, or you in Tampa, stay cool!

Comment

Pooh, the year I sit down to root for a team I like (Don was on assignment in Denver and I made several trips to the Promenade, hoping for a long term transfer in 2009) - A major DUDDDDDDD. Did Denver even know that they were at the Super Bowl to play?!?

On a positive note, our Hawaiian boy Bruno...fun performance! A bit of Motown and James Brown thrown in. From my teen years. Don't quite understand the drop in of RHCP but was happy they were clad for the most part at their age. lol

We had fun at Kat/Matt's for a SB party, Scott (Matt's SD) celebrated his 51st BD as well. Nothing like more cake on top of the food goodies. Lots of laughs, commentary of the guys on the bad plays as they were all for the Broncos. They were big boys though and admitted when the Seahawks made excellent plays. I'm not a football fan at all, I have to have a connection emotionally somehow to root for a team. lol Normally IF I watch, I root for any guy who is by himself and I yell...run, run, run. Irritates the hell out of Don when it's the opponent of HIS team. lol

It rained so hard last night, we thought the windows would break. I'll be staying indoors, it's going to continue on. I need to clean up my sewing area and my dining table which is drowning in paperwork somehow. Why is it that paper multiplies like rabbits?

Folks stay safe! Enjoy your day...

Huggers, Ruby
                    sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Rained heavily last night and just hope that didn't freeze because since 6am some really serious snow has been falling and it is expected to keep falling all day. DH just moved the cars and put the trash can in front of the garage so we should be all set especially since we did a food shopping yesterday. We have coffee, milk, bread and some cookies what more do we need? LOL!

Sorry Donna, No Valley Mist paint turned up when I cleaned out our closet, still haven't emptied the big totes on the bottom shelf so the can maybe be hiding in there. Never know what turns up when you really empty a closet, did find a big computer keyboard that we don't ever remember owning and several small items that we had no idea what they were.

Let's all take Blondie's advice and always smile.jpg, makes everyone wonder what you have been up to.
                      Last edited by MayinJerset; February 3, 2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Morning all,
                        Well,woke up last night to pouring rain, fell asleep again and then woke up to a dusting of snow, now it's snowing like crazy. Schools are closed today and an expected accumulation of 5-8" of heavy wet snow, not the lightfluffy kind, that's easy to shovel! So looking forward to spring! Will have to cancel my class for tonight as I don't want any students traveling on icey roads. Looks like today is a good pot of soup day, and hit the sewing room day.
                        For all that have this weather be safe on the roads, hugs to all that can use a few extra today.
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good morning! Raining like it means it here. Spent a good deal of the superbowl on the potty (toilet training time, oh, JOY).... I understand I missed NOTHING. I kinda thought after that first score 12 SECONDS in that it wasn't happening....
                          And, since we ARE toilet training, SOMEONE woke extra early saying, Try Potty? So we did. Thankfully she went back to sleep because she is a Sleeper and that wasn't a long night!

I know I posted my retreat photos over in Show and Tell from last week....I haven't even unpacked it all yet, let alone find border fabrics, etc....think that may be todays plan....

Have a great day, ((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
                          ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

Monday....the start of another work week for most peeps.. I am thankful that I have retired and can stay at home and play.

The kids loaded the pantry with foods and brought home "wings" and "pizza" for the game. I sat in my craft area (all snugglie warm) and played with paper and punches.

cat4.jpg

But today, I've got to put a binding on a quilt for the Shelter and start another sandwich for them. I am doing the small quilts since our Long Armer got swamped with the larger quilts. Yes we are still donating our time and efforts. This Winter has seen an influx of needs. The center opened up it's beds and facility to the homeless with the weather being so bad.

I get warm fuzzy feelings when we take a box of goodies to them.. Sure makes me SMILE all day long..
                            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                            :icon_wave:

Comment

Good Monday Morning from the wonderful PNW, home of the Superbowl Champions The Seattle Seahawks!!! Can you tell i'm just a little bit happy about this game? I have watched the Superbowl for the last 35 years hoping someday this would happen in Seattle. I remember when this team first came to Seattle. I have been a die hard fan for nearly all of those years. And this was OUR year! So come on, even if you love Denver.....can't you just feel a little joy for my team? Our QB is young, our team is young...not one on the roster had ever made it to the Superbowl. They played their hearts out. It wasn't just that Denver didn't show up to play. Seattle played their HEARTS OUT! The 12th Man played a huge role, and the team gave us credit as evidenced by the 12th Man Flag they carried on to the field.

Climbing off my box....

Frosty morning, but no snow. They are calling for it though. Ugh. Please Spring, come quickly!!! I think I'll take today to just be lazy. We had all the kids and Grands here for the game and I am tired. Slept good, but I'm still tired. Yoga this morning, I hope I make it! Oy.

Have a wonderful Monday, hugs and prayers all 'round for you if you want or need!
                              sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Working...
                              X