Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little man update (Spoiler: He isn't here yet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little man update (Spoiler: He isn't here yet)

Little man had a doctor appointment on Friday. The doctors still won't concede that my wife and I were right about him being significantly further along than they estimated but they agreed with us that he is "ripe" and also huge.

According to the doctors he was 36wks 1day at the time of the appointment and his original due date was 2/27.

We believe he is more like 38-38.5 weeks.

Mom is already 2cm dilated and at least somewhat effaced (although they did not say specifically how much). Little man was estimated to be 8lbs 1oz and in the 97th percentile for all the measurements they take.

They scheduled an induction for 2/20 but said that if we want to be induced earlier we can they just have to verify that Sawyer's lungs are developed. We are going to try to give it a few more days and hope for nature to take its course but we will consider an earlier induction if the next ultrasound shows him even bigger as we're still hoping he can make it into the world via the front door rather than a doctor-assisted side-door exit.

Mom still hasn't had much in the way of contractions. Not even the Braxton Hicks contractions but I guess not all people experience them.

We are so ready for his arrival. With a big snow storm predicted tomorrow I figure he'll probably try to arrive then.

So- if you want to make any last minute predictions on when he'll arrive go ahead. It will almost certainly be between today and the scheduled (AM) induction on the 20th.

Also if you have any last minute advice for us as new first time parents feel free to share it.

I think we are in a pretty good spot. We have had an outpouring of love and support from both families, colleagues, friends, and even internet quilting forum pals! I know it will be difficult at times but I think we'll be okay as we have a very strong and stable relationship between the two of us and we are equally committed to giving little man the best life we can.

Because things have been kind of crazy around here trying to make sure everything is ready I have not been participating as much and I am unsure what my forum participation will look like for the next few weeks. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows how much I appreciate all of you and I promise to get some pictures of little man posted here ASAP after he arrives.

Best,
    Ryan, Tabatha, and Sawyer, aka: little man, aka: mini cooper
    Loosely based on a true story.

Re: Little man update (Spoiler: He isn't here yet)

I say Feb. 13....two weeks early
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I know that you and Tabatha will do great! Sounds like you are ready, and Sawyer will come into a very loving family.
      Looking forward to the pictures of the happy family!

My first child was a C-section, my second one was natural birth. So long as you get a healthy baby.

My thoughts are with you all. Hugs!

Feb 10th is my guess.
      April

Comment

How exciting, Ryan! This being your all's first...it's all a learning process. So, from a woman who was for whatever reason prone to have big babies/Braxton Hicks contractions the last 6 weeks of first pregnancy? If your wife can walk, whether it's outside (provided the weather is suitable) or in a mall (I know there's a nice one in Frederick). Walking will be her best friend if she can stand to do it!
        I wish you both the best of luck and please keep us updated!!!!!
        Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Bless you all.. and all the best in this endeavor..LOL This "little man" is very lucky to have the Mom and Dad he is about to meet!!!
          GrammBabs... OH an if you are okay with it..home addy for cards and such?
          "Each day well-lived and Happy;
          that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Wishing you all the best! You're right, babies can cry all night and rob you of sleep, but they just come bundled with so much love that you make do. We're all so excited for you.
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by GrammaBabs View Post
              home addy for cards and such?
              Sure.

Ryan, Tabatha** and Sawyer Cooper
              722 E. Watersville Rd.
              Mt. Airy, MD 21771

**It is spelled with all A's like the British spelling rather than the more traditional American spelling with an I. And yes, she is named after the daughter on Bewitched.
              Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

How exciting for you to know he is doing so well already. It sounds like he will have the best possible world to live in, one full of love.
                He will arrive when he is ready for his debut, enjoy the peace for now and don't rush.
                I guess 2/15

Comment

Feb 14th Valentines Day.. My hubbys grandmothers b'day.
                  You 2 will be great parents. Relax and enjoy it.
                  sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                  Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                  Sigmund Freud

Comment

Exciting times!! I was just thinking back to when my children were born...via the side door...I didn't think I could love them anymore than I did on those days...but I do...with every day! Best wishes Cooper family!!!

.....and I say February 7th!
                    Mary
                    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

No predictions on arrival date, but walking is a big help to get things started. I bet she is really OVER being pregnant!
                      Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                      Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

My advice is that babies come when they are dang good and ready. Messing with mother nature is not pleasant. Our son was induced and it was a long ugly labor. And he's an only child - not that has anything to do with anything. Remember it is my belief you are the best judge of what is right for you and your family. Even though Doctors have lots of schooling, they don't live in your skin. The Good Lord doesn't give you anything you can't handle with his help.

Relax and enjoy this time of anticipation and take care of each other and that little man. There will be rejoicing here in Platteville, WI on the big day - whenever that may be!

P.S. On the small world front, I have a client in Mt. Airy MD...
                        Kathy Crofoot
                        http://kathyscache.blogspot.com

Comment

Best wishes to all of you! To the extent it's possible, I believe you're ready. Sleep NOW. You may not have a chance for a while.
                          My friends call me Peggy
                          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

The best advice that I can give is to trust your instincts. I am sure that ya'll will make amazing parents. Enjoy the babymoon period and just focus on your family.

From personal experience, I can tell you that ultrasounds can be wrong - the dr. had me worried that my first would not even be 6 pounds - baby was 7 pounds 8 oz.

I dilated before hand (7cm) without Braxton Hicks. It helps to make shorter labor. Also try to avoid being induced - I was with all 4 of mine - if I would have known then what I do now I would have refused. Even the makers of Pitocin don't recommend using to induce labor - says so on the label.

Feb 8 would be great as it is our anniversary but any day is a great day to have a baby

Comment

I say February 6th! Good luck!
                              Cil
                              A quilt is a blanket of love
                              http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                              http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X