I'm SO SO sick of winter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm SO SO sick of winter!

That's one of the reasons (besides family) we decided to move to Australia - UK was damp, cold, grey and miserable with occasional frost and snow and I suffered for SADS from November till March.

Extreme temperatures are not nice. We have the opposite problem at the moment with temperatures for 2 weeks of January and also the next 5 days over 110f! Also means its better to stay indoors for most of the day. Off to the beach for a dip at 7.00pm hopefully.

43.jpg
    Jane

http://jtct-jane.blogspot.com.au

Comment

Hubby is happy since he chose this winter to finally get a snow blower (we've not really had room to store it easily but we sold off both trolleys this year which made a huge diffeence in our "shed"). Also, we are going to Tenerife on tuesday so it's fine by me if winter is here just one more week.

That being said, I don't really like having to bike through all this to get to work and to pick up the kids. Winter tires on the bike helps only so much... I visited a friend last night for a combinaiton of work and nice dinner (board meeting for the local software testing society on a friday night, how geeky is that!) and after about 3.5 hrs my car was covered in 4 inches of snow. Sheesh.
      ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

To me the worst of this is I haven't seen or heard any birds.
        SandyWhite
        Ocala, Florida
        http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

I agree with you. We ran out of propane. Asked them to deliver. They said we would only have 150 gallons. There is a shortage!!! We paid over 3 dollars per gallon. My Son who lives in Nebraska, says gasoline out there is around 2.65 per gallon. Here in Pa we are paying 3.55 per gallon. Doesn't make any sense at all. It is hard to make propane last around here, my DH has it running all the time even with the wood stove going. He is cold all the time. But, yet he complains all the time.... LOL Sigh!!!

Comment

We got another 6-7 inches overnight and it's still snowing. Our snow plows have not been here yet, so my son had to shovel a path for the dog! Don't laugh, his little legs are too short. It was funny to watch. The dog followed behind my son as he shoveled the path. You'd think this dog was royalty or something! None of us can even walk through the parking lot, but my dog has his own little sidewalk path.

Will this winter ever end?

Comment

Please don't hate me but I love winter. I guess it's because I grew up in southern Arizona and never had 4 seasons. I don't like ice but cold weather and snow is fine. We also shovel paths in the back yard for the dog.
              Dawn
              A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

Originally posted by g8dhorse7 View Post
                Pandabear, I lived in F'burg and Spotsy for 8 years. We moved from upstate NY and my kids were so excited when school closed over 2" of snow. LOL! The school rarely closed in NY and we would sometimes get 5' of snow overnight. I don't miss those NY years at all!

I was born and raised in NY so I know what winters are like there too. My kid was born in VA so he has no clue what it's like to go to school when it's snowing. I keep threatening to move back so he can experience the joy of sitting in school watching the snow fall

Comment

I'm sick of it here! Too much snow and too much cold. I was glad to turn the calendar over this morning. DH was in the hospital with pneumonia for 3 days, I got sick after that. Now any effort makes both of us exhausted. At least with no kids or pets we can be really good at being lazy. At least the daylight is here longer now! Spring is just around the corner...I hope!!
                  Carol in southwest Michigan

Spread JOY!

Comment

Working...
                  X