I'm SO SO sick of winter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm SO SO sick of winter!

OK,, I've had enough!!!!! My bones are brittle and feet have been freezing for weeks. I hate socks, but now have to resort to wool socks on my feet at night to sleep. My neighbors in the condo are super #B#%&y. I'm on my 2nd car battery in 2 months, the heat bills are skyrocketing. Can't go outside...........can't breathe and roads & parking lot full of ice. If, and when I've been able to get to a grocery store, it's full of old, cranky people who want to dicker about 2cents.

Internet intermittant. TV cable works sometimes and sometimes NOT. DD driving me crazy. Why? Why? Can't she stop talking to me? I don't need conversation today.

My dog went to do his business and had to balance himself on 3 legs it was so cold and windy. Poor little dear couldn't stand the cold on his paws. Saw my good neighbor on his way out the door and gave him a "poop bag" to take to the dumpster! haha, at least he's one of the good ones! I'll bring him some cookies!

I'm sorry. I know there are so many more important problems in the world and with our friends, but I'm so sick of winter that it's depressing and making a monster out of me!
    Last edited by Sharyn J; January 30, 2014, 05:31 PM.

Re: I'm SO SO sick of winter!

Amen, sister! I came home to find my house temperature at 55 degrees. I have an old boiler/steam radiator, and it didn't hold enough water to last the day. Aruba, here I come!!
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

I am with you! We are supposed to get 5-7 inches tomorrow night and then more on Tuesday. We got about an inch today - at least it covered up the icky dirty slushy snow left from the last one. My headache just won't go away - turned into a migraine on Tuesday and feels like it is headed there again tonight.......arghhh...

Heading out to run errands with my sister - I just need some sister time - there will be giggling involved (there always is) and I know it will make me feel better!
      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I hear ya sister! I'm so sick of it too. They say propane is nearly $6.00 a gallon. I just paid $1.49 in october. I am tired of being cold at home, at work and on the school bus. I am shocked I haven't gotten bad sick yet!
        ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
          Heading out to run errands with my sister - I just need some sister time - there will be giggling involved (there always is) and I know it will make me feel better!
          Sissy will fix it
          My friends call me Peggy
          The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

AMEN!!! I had to go to the dentist today (otherwise nothing could have made me go outdoors) and the wind was blowing 55 mph. We have more snow and ice on the way. We're all ready for Spring.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Two inches of snow. School closed. FOR A WEEK. Snow melted. Snowed an inch. School closed 1 day and opened 2 hours late today.

Summer can come anytime now. I need to be barefoot and wearing t-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharyn J View Post
                OK,, I've had enough!!!!! My bones are brittle and feet have been freezing for weeks. I hate socks, but now have to resort to wool socks on my feet at night to sleep. My neighbors in the condo are super #B#%&y. I'm on my 2nd car battery in 2 months, the heat bills are skyrocketing. Can't go outside...........can't breathe and roads & parking lot full of ice. If, and when I've been able to get to a grocery store, it's full of old, cranky people who want to dicker about 2cents.

Internet intermittant. TV cable works sometimes and sometimes NOT. DD driving me crazy. Why? Why? Can't she stop talking to me? I don't need conversation today.

My dog went to do his business and had to balance himself on 3 legs it was so cold and windy. Poor little dear couldn't stand the cold on his paws. Saw my good neighbor on his way out the door and gave him a "poop bag" to take to the dumpster! haha, at least he's one of the good ones! I'll bring him some cookies!

I'm sorry. I know there are so many more important problems in the world and with our friends, but I'm so sick of winter that it's depressing and making a monster out of me!

Hey girl...I'm on your side....I'm sick of winter...and we've got more snow and ice coming tonight...
                TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Think we all are also suffering from Cabin Fever. It is find to stay indoors when you feel like it but not so fine when the weather forces you to do it. Don't know what's headed our way but you can be assured it isn't warm temps.

Comment

Originally posted by RFREE View Post
                    I hear ya sister! I'm so sick of it too. They say propane is nearly $6.00 a gallon. I just paid $1.49 in october. I am tired of being cold at home, at work and on the school bus. I am shocked I haven't gotten bad sick yet!
                    ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!
                    The price of propane is rediculous! I have a friend that has 5 hog barns and she told me today that they'd spent $7000.00 (yes seven thousand dollars) in the last 3 weeks to heat their barns.
                    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Another voice here chiming in, please warmer weather where are you, so tired of these cold temps.
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Sharyn - Just a few miles away from you and totally share your feelings! Going to be in your neighborhood today ... until the snow starts again. This just seems to be never-ending. ON and On and on and on ..............

Comment

This has certainly been a strange winter here in South Carolina as well. Freezing temps all week, snow Tuesday and Wednesday, 15 degrees outside this morning. The forecast for the high tomorrow.....SIXTY degrees !!! I'll believe it when I see it.
                          Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Lol I am really close to you in In N,W, Indiana, I am so ready for spring, and we are suppose to get more snow ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
                              Two inches of snow. School closed. FOR A WEEK. Snow melted. Snowed an inch. School closed 1 day and opened 2 hours late today.

Summer can come anytime now. I need to be barefoot and wearing t-shirts.
                              Pandabear, I lived in F'burg and Spotsy for 8 years. We moved from upstate NY and my kids were so excited when school closed over 2" of snow. LOL! The school rarely closed in NY and we would sometimes get 5' of snow overnight. I don't miss those NY years at all!

Comment

Working...
                              X