Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Hello Folksies! It's Tuesday morning for me, still dark thirty in the morning, Gracie is sitting on my lap feeling quite territorial, hubby needs to refill my coffee cup and I am listening to the weather forecasters for the first time in a week or so. Why oh why did I have to hear this stuff so early in the morning? Their words make me go

Like the rest of the country we are in for some more weather. We are just not that good with it as our neighbors to the north and midwest. Personally I don't have to get out in it but the rest of my family and loved ones do. I am thankful I do not need anything from the grocers today. If I am MIA again, it will be because the wifi down at Mom's is taking a hit from the weather too. Sighs. Advisories all over the television, with our weather coming in around noon. Is it just me or has this winter been extra long already? I know it's already been extra cold. bbrrrrr!

Yesterday I stitched a wee bit, mostly did some crocheting. I may do some more crochet to finish up one of those new cowl scarves. They are quick, easy, and I think very practical. I bet you are like me - whenever I pinterest I am the most productive woman on the planet! I make up the bestest things IN MY HEAD and they are all perfectly stitched, co ordinated, absolutely to die for. Then I turn my gaze to the pile of dishes in the sink and remember where I actually am in the great scheme of things. Oh yes. Reality does bite at times, which is why God gave me an imagination and a happy disposition. During and after dish duty I continue with the lovely creations in my head. Then when I do actually get the time to sit and do something, can I re envision those sugar plums again? Heckfire shoot, NO! What is up with dat? Hmmmm.

Wellsir, I've been sitting here, listening to the weather, drinking enough coffee to float the Valdez and now Gracie is snoring in my lap. I love to hear her little chi chi snore. Oh and did I tell you that I got out the eye pencil and colored pretty things all over her face the other day. I did not take a picture - but take my word for it - she looked simutaneously hilarious and endearing. It took me longer to clean her up than it did to sketch her up.

Enjoy your blessings today. Let that smile linger a little longer on your sweet face, hold your loved ones a little tighter and then smile again.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Tuesday is always a good day to smile

It's so nice to see your smiling face on here today, Blondie!!

I've been Pinterest looking, too! found the how to's for the crocodile stitch and am working on a shawl. I love shawls... for me and for donating to women's shelters. (pssst. even the guys love them) I finished up a face shield/neck warmer for SonNlaw since he has to be out in the weather for work. And he loves it!!

I find myself coming down with the blahs... and think something colorful is needed to fight back... Gotta get thru February's tumultuous weather then I can get going on the gardening... that has lots of Color!! So my next pinterest search will be for gardening and flowers!!

Not looking at the weather report today.... nope- don't want to, and not going to.....
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

It is sooo cold here it's -16 right now with a wind chill of -31. Going in to work a little late just because I didn't feel like getting in the shower so early LOL.
      Last edited by buckeyequilter; January 28, 2014, 05:10 AM.
      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Good morning to all these fine people. Blondie, you always make me smile.

I too have been crocheting in the evening watching tv. My husband says I have cornered the market on dishcloths. I have about a dozen ahead now. They will be given away as gifts eventually. I need to find something else to crochet.

I am almost done the little quilt. Just a few more stitches and binding and done. Then I can work on my own stuff.

When I left here yesterday morning, it was a beautiful bright sunny day. I got to town (15 min) stopped at the post office and when I came out it was whiteout conditions. Unbelievable. Hubby had called to tell me to stay home. Too late. Got to exercise class and did some running around that I needed to do. Hubby was at work and I had the whole house to myself. I can't remember the last time that happened.

Today I work and will go out at lunch (3 hours) and get groceries.

I think next week we will go visit with Phil, Jodi and the girls for a couple of day. I need grandma kisses and hugs.

Have a wonderful day everyone and I will smile today.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good Morning everyone

it's a tad on the soggy side this morning - fur babies made their morning run and now their back in bed -
          hubby is sleeping in this morning - later today he has his last little fix 'em up surgery - so we'll be off for a bit of plastic surgery later today during all that rain and yuk that coming our way -- then he'll be off the rest of the week
          - *oooh nooo -- where's my word counter*~

I found out a few days ago -- that a friend, my computer/grafx mentor of many many moons
          lost his battle with Lung Cancer earlier this month and his wife never called me I had to find out via google

yesterday I rec'd an email from a buyer .. . asking me if I had any coupons . . . coupons?!?!? . . WHAT!! . . LOL*~
          emailed that person back and told them the only coupons I had - I plan'd on using . . *giggling*~ . .then they said
          oh no no .. do I offer coupons on the things I sell . . . told them no -
          but I do accept tips to help pay my sellers fee's . . L*~
          *lordy lordy - whatz next*~

the only other plans for my world - is to get that blasted new computer set up -- oooooooh how I am not a happy camper
          when it comes to setting up a new computer . . . and now with windows8 . . . it's takes me 5 minute to find the shut down button . . *good grief*~ . .

watching the morning news - and me thinks that the pot growing nudest that lives a few doors down the road
          will be happy to hear that Florida might have medical MaryJane available for cancer patients
          - fur-sure her pot barn will be open for business . .*ugh*~ . . . but I'm sure it won't be for medical reasons

me thinks it will be good day to pick up some Panera's soup and a sandwish for the hubby after his surgery today
          it will make him say yuuuuuuum

y'all -- ''Make it'' a good day
          Last edited by CountryHut; January 28, 2014, 04:51 AM.
          2015 is here
          Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

Just want to say Good morning and it is nice to see you Blondie starting the day for us. Welcome back.

It is very cold here - 6 right now. No schools open again today.
            Last edited by grannyann; January 28, 2014, 05:04 AM.
            sigpic
            Hugs Ann

Comment

Hi everyone! Hasn't this been the longest January ever? No wonder it is my least favorite month of the year! Long, cold, icky weather, no money from paying Christmas bills! Can't wait til it's over!

I'm still waiting rather impatiently for my LOVELY. Fabrics from MSQC. One package has supposedly been in St. Louis at the mail sorting center since Thursday. Yikes! Did they throw it on the floor and lose it? I want to go over there and help them sweep out the corners to find it so I can get started on my quilt due Feb. 8! In the meantime, dear forum buddy Karen Mc Euen sent me her leftover LOVELY. Charm packs from the Iron Quilter sale that she didn't use. From New Mexico, they got here in two days. From the mail sort facility 5 miles away, it has been 5 days and I still don't have them! It's going to drive me crazy till I get these in my hot little hands!

I made a crock pot meal with chicken and diced tomatoes, seasoned with chili spices yesterday. It had corn and zucchini in it. My daughter and 2 grands came by while I was eating. They all wanted to taste it. I gave them little ramikins with a taste of it. They went back over and over again, my granddaughter actually licked the bowl clean she loved it so much! Even with zucchini and tomatoes in it, my grandson had several bowls, and they were begging their mom to make it for dinner. Guess that one was a hit!

Hope to start my quilting today with Karen's blocks. Have a great day today!

Comment

Good Morning,

I'm going into hibernation after I get off here. I need some more sleep. I'm fighting off some sort of bug. Everyone at the court was sick last week....everyone, even the judge and the attorneys. I was locked up in a room with 11 other jurors, all of them coughing and hacking.

There is no news here other than we have another arctic day with wind. The Girls even hate it outdoors right now. They had a long day at the groomer yesterday and came home with attitudes and pink bows on their collars. They will sleep most of the day today because their glamour day wears them out.

Wishing everyone a great day...I'm off to dreamland for now. Hugs....
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Morning all,
                  Right now the outdoor thermometer says 15 degrees, so that means I'll be indoors today! Plenty to do in here to stay warm and cozy, reading, and sewing. No cooking tonight I made a big tray of baked ziti layered with breaded eggplant yesterday,YUM! Just have to add a salad and garlic bread and good to go! Stay warm and smile!
                  If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

outside temp here right now is -16. No plans to go outside for anything!!! Right now my plan is to stay in bed with my heated mattress pad turned on. Eventually I know I need to get up and do something, just not sure what or when. Stay warm everyone.
                    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Morning, same ole same ole here!

My gratitude for the day...sunshine...sure do miss it when it's not around..

Have a good day!
                      Mary
                      SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Morning all. Blondie so good to see your smile and have the morning thread going! 2 degrees here. No weather coming in for us till next week. But BRRRRRR!!!! to cold. Wish old man winter would loosen his grip on us at least some and give us at least around the freezing temps...that would feel like a heatwave. Off to work in a few. Yesterday was a trip and a half at work so many returns. And if anyone is familiar with SNL's Mad TV I had Ms Swan as my customer yesterday... LOL she wanted to return 4 items she bought last week, 2 she used a coupon on and 2 no coupon. Ok thats great. Return all 4 items give her , her money. Now she wants to buy back the 2 she DID NOT use coupons on but use the coupons that were gone from the other 2 items...What??!!? that was last week those are expired and besides you do not get coupons back on returned merchandise. long deliberations about how other stores do that...10 mins later ok I'll buy them for full price. great. transaction done have a nice day... wait forgot an item. ok done Bye have great day. ..Wait I need return this one. (one she had just returned and repurchased. Ok done see ya... Oh ok I want to buy it now I found coupon.... all that took 25 to 30 mins...so aggravating but my smile never slipped..but I was sure glad to go home yesterday!

Have agreat day all and smile.. Hugs to those that need.
                        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
                          Morning all. Blondie so good to see your smile and have the morning thread going! 2 degrees here. No weather coming in for us till next week. But BRRRRRR!!!! to cold. Wish old man winter would loosen his grip on us at least some and give us at least around the freezing temps...that would feel like a heatwave. Off to work in a few. Yesterday was a trip and a half at work so many returns. And if anyone is familiar with SNL's Mad TV I had Ms Swan as my customer yesterday... LOL she wanted to return 4 items she bought last week, 2 she used a coupon on and 2 no coupon. Ok thats great. Return all 4 items give her , her money. Now she wants to buy back the 2 she DID NOT use coupons on but use the coupons that were gone from the other 2 items...What??!!? that was last week those are expired and besides you do not get coupons back on returned merchandise. long deliberations about how other stores do that...10 mins later ok I'll buy them for full price. great. transaction done have a nice day... wait forgot an item. ok done Bye have great day. ..Wait I need return this one. (one she had just returned and repurchased. Ok done see ya... Oh ok I want to buy it now I found coupon.... all that took 25 to 30 mins...so aggravating but my smile never slipped..but I was sure glad to go home yesterday!

Have agreat day all and smile.. Hugs to those that need.
                          Wow....she must have a lot of time on her hands...my time is worth more than that coupon. Can you just picture her trying to make an important decision at home, like what to fix for dinner.
                          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Checked the weather this morning, temp is 12 and feels like 5, going up to 17 by 6pm and then snow. Doesn't look like a lot of snow but you never know. Supposed to meet a friend for lunch tomorrow and we're to touch base tonight to make sure driving is OK. We may postpone again. She's taking me out for my Bday and if we keep postponing it will be her Bday and we'll take each other out for lunch. That should be fun because when we are the hostess we try to find a really nice kind of expensive place to eat but if we do one Bday lunch together we'll probably choose the local Italian place that has $5 lunches, beverage included.

Feeling kind of mushy this morning, you know how you feel when it's dark and raining and you hop back under the covers for a nap or wrap yourself in a quilt and chill out on the couch reading or watching an old movie. Only problem is that it isn't dark or raining, the sun is shining brightly in all of our windows so it's difficult to find an excuse to hide under the warm quilts. Better get a move on and get something done this morning.
                            Last edited by MayinJerset; January 28, 2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Good Morning Ladies,

You would think the end of the world was coming down here in S.E. Louisiana. We are expecting some winter weather everyone was running around like crazy yesterday getting ready. Talk of the roadways being closed down, all the schools are closed today and tomorrow. Government offices closed no garbage pickup today. Also talk of lose of electricity was told on the news last night that if we do it could take up to five days to get it back. And just my luck we can not get my generator to keep running. We will get sleet and freezing rain up to 1/4 inch and maybe up to 2 or 4 inches of snow. I know all this is nothing to you folks up north but for us it is Then end of the world as we know it.

Have a great day friends, stay warm. I am headed to sew for as long as I can.

Comment

Working...
                              X