Haha! Night owls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha! Night owls

Here something to get you laughing..I'm headed to bed early. Have a great night!

image.jpg
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Re: Haha! Night owls

That is pretty funny, said me from rainy Washington! I'd much rather have wind and rain and the occasional coldness than snow any day! It has only snowed once this winter and luckily, we were in Hawaii when it happened!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Ha ha! Love it! With the snowman's worst enemy, the hair dryer!

Slept for a few hours on the couch in front of the TV-- that ought to make a night owl out of me for sure!

Comment

Too funny.........I like it! Here is one I saw today posted for our area...........my fellow Louisiana forum friends can relate to this one!

Screen shot 2014-01-27 at 10.42.33 PM.jpg
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

It is 55 degrees here in Houston. It is supposed to get to 30 by tomorrow am. School already has been cancelled for tomorrow at the thought of snow and ice! With all the overpasses and bridges here, black ice is a real killer (literally) if the temp drops to freezing. The asphalt here is made to withstand the heat in the summer, it does not do well in cold temps!

But, here is a perfect night owl snack ... Or breakfast!
          image.jpg
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

It was windy today, supposed to get colder tomorrow. Haven't heard if schools are closing yet. They did close last Friday, when we had a bit of ice on the road. Y'all up north would laugh at what we close the city for.

Comment

Most years I can handle winter but this year has been so much colder and along with the fact that I've not worked since last October.....well.....I've had enough......COME ON SPRING!!!!!
              TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I agree Pat! I'll take the rain over days on end of snow.
                I do enjoy a few days of it, and the Little Miss is VERY fond of the stuff. It does make life on the farm a bit more challenging. The really low temperatures are even worse than the snow though.
                I am NOT complaining about our weather one bit. I am sure that the ski resorts would like to see a lot more snow in the mountains and we're going to wish we had a deeper snowpack up there come this summer.

Not too much of a night owl here tonight either. I don't have any big dead lines looming (like Christmas), so I'm not pulling as many late-nighters right now. I'm sure I'll be back among all y'all before too much longer.

C
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I am in Orlando and we have had a bit of cold weather. I have had enough of it already. Since I am originally from Jersey, I hear you all. Wish I could have you all here so you dould get warm. I do not miss the snow at all. Shoveling your car out from under several feet of snow. Sliding all over the road on the ice and freezing. No thanks.

Keep warm and keep quilting
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

lol
                    I was just having a discussion about getting up early tomorrow to get to the store before the snow hits in the early afternoon. This is a small town that doesn't get a lot of the white stuff, so naturally the town essentially closes for anything over an inch. We're expecting 2-6 depending on which way the wind blows I guess. When that storm hit last week everything closed for 2 days. And since we live on a back county road then when they make up the priority list for road clearing, they get to us after that. Someone almost hit a power pole last week being silly out here. And speaking of power we also lost it several times, browned out for as long as an hour. Of course I'm not complaining about that, I know there were folks further north in the worst of it that had power out for much longer. I'm just hoping it doesn't happen again.
                    You all have a good night. And those of you in warmer climes, think of us and send us warm thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                      Too funny.........I like it! Here is one I saw today posted for our area...........my fellow Louisiana forum friends can relate to this one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]66681[/ATTACH]
                      Maryland friends can relate too - LOL

I'm up from my first sleep of about 5 hours.....hope this break is short lived and I'll soon be all snuggly and sleeping again.

The temps here went into the 30's yesterday and it felt like a heat wave. DH went out to start his car warming up and when he came back in he said "Wow, it's really balmy outside"... Now I realize that after 1 degree temps, 30 feels better, but I think "balmy" is going a bit too far - LOL
                      Last edited by Carol336; January 28, 2014, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Just very cold here but hope that southern snow doesn't keep traveling north. Not to worry as I did a big food shopping today so I'm stocked with bread, milk and toilet tissue if it does, LOL! Come to think of it I did hear some talk about snow this weekend, mostly people were concerned because the Super Bowl will be held here in Jersey on Sunday. No problem for me as I'll be upstairs in my sewing room while DH watches the game and switches channels when he gets annoyed with all the constant talk, talk, talk about nothing and many commercials.

DS#1 called this evening and he'll be over around 6 tonight for dinner. Glad I picked up a pork tenderloin while shopping today, add baked sweet potatoes and veggies and we'll be eating fine. Think a big salad too. Since I'll be in the kitchen prepping for dinner I'll get a pot of mushroom barley soup going and give him a jar to take home along with any leftovers from tonight's dinner.

This Night Owl needs a cup of tea so I'm off to the kitchen. While my tea is brewing in a little tea pot I'll go over the kitchen counters, put DH's nighttime tea cup and cereal bowl in the dishwasher and get the kitchen straightened out. Need to read a bit while having my tea and then hopefully another few hours sleep. Night, Night, May
                        Last edited by MayinJerset; January 28, 2014, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Love it. I'm ready for Spring and Summer. I will not complain about how hot it gets this summer or how wet it gets. I just want WARM.

Comment

Here in the Northeast we all go out and buy bread, milk and eggs when a storm is coming. Never heard mention of toilet paper. Guess we're all rednecks up here! There's a joke about the shopping list, that the only thing people can cook during a storm is French Toast.

Cold, cold, cold here just like all over the country. I've missed two guild meetings because of it and have cabin fever in the worst way. I have a 60% off coupon for this weekend at Joann's and I'm going to go and buy a backing for a quilt - one of those UFOs I need to finish! Looking forward to that trip is keeping me going through this deep chill.
                            Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                            X