Just counted 14....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just counted 14....

Just took this picture a few minutes ago. We live inside town with a paved street inside the city limits. Our backyard faces 22 acres of land and we see deer in our yard daily. I couldn't get all them in one pic (there was 14 of them) but these ran thru our back yard and I just happened to be looking out our window. The deer population is getting so large that we are beginning to get a healthy fear of going into our backyard. Last summer I was on one of our riding lawn mowers and my husband was standing at our back pointing behind me. I looked around and there was a deer eating apples off our apple tree while I was mowing. My husband calls them city deer because they're not afraid of humans or even cars. We see them on our street constantly.
    Attached Files
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Re: Just counted 14....

Do you put salt out for them, or do they just come for the apples and grass??
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Oh no...we don't put out any salt for them, I want them to go away not stick around. Our tree is a crab apple tree and its coming down this spring.

Comment

Love looking at the deer. But I agree that they are becoming a real problem. They are becoming so over populated due to lack of natural predators and plenty of food. Some areas are already facing deer having disease. They may look sweet and cute but they can do some real damage.

Comment

Reminds me of my country property, we had them all the time. I loved to look out in my yard on clear nights lit by a full moon. I could watch them graze for hours!

Comment

Great Pic Genny . . . . Thank you for sharing . .

I love watching the deer come through our property -- I put out critter food for them- but if the fur babies get a good sighting on them - they are off to bark at them and the deer go running off :|
            2015 is here
            Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

We live in the country on 20 acres. I have a can of deer food away from the house and feed them deer corn every few days. It isn't unusual to have more than 10 show up to eat it. I love them. They do eat fruit off of the lower part of the trees, and if you have a garden, they can damage it a lot. Dogs will chase them away, so maybe you need a dog.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by madampolo; January 27, 2014, 06:26 PM.
              Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Oh wow.... We see deer a lot, too... They are such beautiful animals...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Estes Park, CO has problems with the elk. They are all over down town, in people's yards, destroying yard plantings, etc. They come down out of Rocky Mtn. Nat'l Park esp. during the fall & winter. JCY

Comment

Here in New England, you have to be careful driving at night - especially in the fall - because there are wooded areas so close to the roads, and there are lots of deer-vs-car accidents. These can cause the deaths of both deer and humans, and even if there are no injuries to the living, the vehicle is frequently wrecked beyond repair.

Comment

Y U M M Y ! ! !

Comment

They are beautiful, but could be scary. My sister was greeted by a buck as she got out of her car. She chose to get back into the car and wait it out. Wise woman my sister.
                        My friends call me Peggy
                        The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Originally posted by PeggyM View Post
                          They are beautiful, but could be scary. My sister was greeted by a buck as she got out of her car. She chose to get back into the car and wait it out. Wise woman my sister.
                          Very wise choice!

Comment

It 's a beautiful picture.

When I was little they had a deer park and Lion Country Safari ( A lion cub licked my hand there ) in Calif. I think they where trying to get Disney business. Anyway the deer area where you could go in with some of them was in an aviary ( a bird pooped on my mom lol) This deer started circling this little boy and got rougher and rougher. The father started to kick it to get him off his son. It wouldn't stop bucking around him. Some workers came and scolded him, imagine getting scolded to protect your child. I'll never forget that day.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'd get a gun, a sharp sticking knife, and an extra freezer.

Comment

Working...
                              X