Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another cold start to this last day of the week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another cold start to this last day of the week.

-30C, -22F for my friends south of me. Yup another frigid day. My water held up better last night. I awoke at 4 this morning to check and yup it was frozen somewhat. All I had to do was leave it turned on for a minute. Today we are expecting warmer temps and a little snow. Another work day and tomorrow as well and then I am off until Tuesday next week.

Stay warm friends and have a great day.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Another cold start to this last day of the week.

Good morning Monique. I got up to a whopping 5 degrees. The dogs didn't take long to do their business this morning. Fasters potty time ever!!! I just hate this cold weather. I feel like I am getting sick. DH and DD both had it last week and I think it is finally catching me. Oh well just one more day of work. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Hugs from COLD COLD Ky.
    Rhonda

Comment

Good Morning Everyone,

It's really cold here, to. I have to leave early this morning for jury duty. We should be finished with the trial today but we may have to be there into the evening. We were there until 6 pm yesterday. I'm ready to slow down for the weekend. I'm in the front row center so I have to be alert.

I love Jenny's new tutorial. It's so cute made in charms in valentine fabric. Love is in the air!!

Wishing everyone a great day....
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Chilly morning all. Hope everyone is keeping warm today. Weatherman says another couple weeks of this it is 5 here with wind making it feel -6. too cold for me!! No work today but going to my neighbors to give her the lesson we done weds in class that she missed. Glad I only have to walk 30 feet to get there. I am so ready for spring!. Making some stroganoff for dinner tonight and trying to get some sewing done this morning. Hugs to all that need them.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good morning.....

Brrrr.....it was -7 this morning and it has now warmed up to -5. We're expecting some snow/wind tonight and tomorrow...so I think I'll get my projects ready and sew away the week-end.

I have decided, we'll see how that goes, that I am not starting a new projects until I get the UFO's under control. I have a friend that will be a first time grandma in a couple of weeks so I hope to finish that baby quilt tonight and get it in the mail next week. Then I have the one to finish up for my MIL. Then MINE...YIPPEE.....I need that quilt!!

Well I have a lot to get done this morning so better get to it. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs
          Shirley aka buckeyequilter
          I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

GOOD NEWS!! The van was just frozen. YIPEE!!
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Well, it is snowing here! Which is a BIG deal! Only happens about once a decade here! No school but I still have to go to work and DH is out of town. Will see if I can go in late after the ice starts to melt when the sun comes out. No salt trucks here and the asphalt they use for the roads here is not the same as up north. Very slippery and people here are not used to driving slow!
              Wish I could stay home! Will have to put my teenager in charge of the other two kiddos.
              Happy Quilting!

Comment

Howdy all,

It was right around 0° when I got up this morning. Went out to check the chickens and one of the eggs had frozen and cracked, the other was okay.

Mrs. had a Dr. appt yesterday. Got her TDAP shot (very, very, very important as 8 babies in California recently died of Whooping Cough. Saddest. thing. ever.) They did a pelvic exam and said she is already 1cm dilated. We just entered week 35 of preganacy based on the doctors count, closer to 37 weeks based on ours. I know my wife is ready to have little man outside of her and of course I can't wait to meet him but I really want him to stay put for at least 2 more weeks because if he is born before the doctors think he is 37 weeks he automatically goes to the NICU. I am very glad that there is a NICU and I'm sure they do amazing work there, I just don't want my son to have to experience that.

I judged a science fair yesterday. The kids did really well. One girl did her project comparing popping rates of popcorn using different types of oil. Corn oil was found to be the best of the 8 types she tried (olive oil was the worst). The Mrs. and I make popcorn all the time so I will be applying this girl's research in my own home life.

I think my colleagues have some sort of baby-related thing planned for me at lunch today. One of my friends here has been _very_ concerned that he and I could have lunch together at exactly 11:45 today. I'm trying really hard to play dumb. I'm not sure exactly what they have in store but it is sweet of them to think of me. I think dads often get lost in the excitement surrounding the arrival of babies. It is nice to feel appreciated as one half of the team in which both members are working really hard to bring a new life into the world.

I made sure to take the eggs out of the jacket pocket before I left for work this morning!

Have a great day all.
                Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
                  Well, it is snowing here! Which is a BIG deal! Only happens about once a decade here! No school but I still have to go to work and DH is out of town. Will see if I can go in late after the ice starts to melt when the sun comes out. No salt trucks here and the asphalt they use for the roads here is not the same as up north. Very slippery and people here are not used to driving slow!
                  Wish I could stay home! Will have to put my teenager in charge of the other two kiddos.
                  Be careful out there!!
                  Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                  I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Morning all! It's a cold booger here today too. Where oh where is spring? I know...it's only January....

Work at the other location today...yesterday was quite the day there...what an unorganized, unmanaged free for all! Sheesh! Needless to say...I created quite a ripple yesterday...I am sure they are dreading my arrival today. Oh well...just doing what I am paid to do....cut costs!

I really feel quite cruddy today. Woke up earlier and went back to sleep in hopes that a second awakening would be better. Think I am coming down with something...but the show must go on....I am off tomorrow...thankfully!!

Today..I am grateful for my managers and associates! They always make me look good! Lot to be said for that!!

Everyone have a great day!! Stay warm!!
                    Mary
                    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Good morning,

I'm off work today but have to work tomorrow. Weather forecast here is same old stuff, cold, more snow tonight, more cold and snow on Sunday, then REALLY cold Monday and Tuesday with the highs below 0! And I have to start physical therapy for my shoulder Monday a.m.!
                      Everyone please stay safe and warm. I'm praying that everyone's furnaces keep working and pipes stay unfrozen!
                      Ellen =^..^=

Comment

Same stuff going around here, think we're to get more snow tomorrow. Have to check a reliable weather source as DS#3 is planning to drive down from MA to take me out for a Bday dinner. It's a long trip and I don't want him to drive down in a snow storm. Also I've been bothered by a pulled muscle in my left leg, first it just pulled by my ankle and backside where my leg meets my hip but yesterday the ache changed to a pain each time I put my foot down. Used heating pad and heating massager during the night and it's somewhat better this morning, just a twinge when I step down. Not the best time to plan dinner out, we'll do it next weekend if he's free.

We can combine it with DH's upcoming Bday. He'll be 80 this year, my how time flies as I've know him since he was 19 and in college. He still is in college as he just left to sign up for the new semester. It's called Old Folks day, not really, but a week after classes begin seniors can sign up for classes that are still open and the fees are nominal. I think they are limited to 2 courses per semester. DH has been doing that since he retired, while he was still working he received an AA in Electronics and later when retired an AA in Arts (Photography). He has added history courses and now audits classes and doesn't have to take tests, write papers, etc. Keeps him busy as he isn't a self starter, needs a schedule to keep him going or he'll just sit, read and drink coffee all day while watching TV. Also while he is at school I have some alone time or I spend time with some of my friends, projects or activities. I used to work at the college and pay scale was very low so I encouraged him to take courses to make up for the low pay. I also took many courses and received an AA in Art (painting was my major). Employees children could take up to 9 credits a semester with no per credit cost but when I began working there our sons had either graduated college or last one was in grad school.
                        Last edited by MayinJerset; January 24, 2014, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Ryan I know what you mean about the NICU. My middle grandson was 6 1/2 weeks early and had to spend a month in a half in the NICU. I knew he was being taken care of, my daughter on the other hand was a basket case. She had developed some kind of infection and that was the reason why he was early, and then she had an alergic reaction to the pain medicine they gave her and she wound up spending two weeks in the hospital as well. But with all of that said yes my grandson is doing well know he is almost caught up with his age group. He does special needs pre-school for speach but other than that he is all boy. So good luck to you and your wife.

Everyone stay warm, I wish I could be at home sewing right now instead of at work. So be careful everyone.

Comment

Another cold morning here. It's was 1* early and it's 9* now but there's very little wind. We have snow coming tonight. Ugh! But the sun is shining now and there could be worse things than snow. Happy Friday!!
                            *~* Myrna *~*
                            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

It is 26 degrees here right now........ice all over the ground. The bridges and schools are closed because of the ice. No one here knows how to drive in that stuff so there have been over 20 wrecks around the area. I'm staying indoors were it is warm!

No snow here but a little further north of us had some.

Screen shot 2014-01-24 at 12.43.10 PM.jpg
                              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                              X