X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lyric
    replied
    Re: That Fabric!!! No, she didn't!!!!!!

And you know this. Sally forth, I shall. I'm just crazy enough to blog about it and show ya too. Actually, that's what my blog is all about. The changing of my wardrobe from modern/pants to dresses, skirts a la Regency, Edwardian, 1940s and 1950s (Sew And Cro | "Retro Style Sewing & Crocheted Earrings"Sew And Cro | "Retro Style Sewing & Crocheted Earrings") I'm blogging the good, bad, and the ugly. Gotta laugh at self . . . every now and again.

Originally posted by bkthomas View Post
    She looks awesome!
    Now go forth and do your own thing!!! Can't wait to see the results!!!!

Leave a comment:

• lyric
    replied

Yes, SallyO; that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Me at size 18, living on a semi farm would look crazy in it, but I've got sense enough to see it's cute on her.

Having said that I AM going to make a heapa bunch of cotton dresses to wear around here. I'm just working on the footwear. I have muck boots and steel-toed, but what about days when I'm not out on the land working? I need house frocks, LOL, ya know. I was thinking some white cotton ankle socks and penny loafers . . . what a hoot!

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
    I just went to see The Dress... although it's absolutely not my style, I love the whole outfit on her, especially the gloves and shoes! Both cool and adorable.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

She looks fabulous in it! I love her style and self confidence.

But, it's not my cup of tea - pun intended - LOL. I can appreciate what others like and love and I enjoy looking at all the creativeness. I'm also at the age where I wear what I want and I have pledged to myself to never wear another dress/skirt or nylons and especially not a girdle again! In my life capri's will never go out of style! And I have been envious lately of all the gorgeous colors available in sports shoes. Because of swelling in my left leg and ankle I cannot stand wearing anything tight around my ankle so I avoid regular shoes. I do have a nice pair of sketcher mules that are really comfortable. Now I need to see if they will start making them in some wow eye popping colors. Come on purple!

Thanks for sharing her site. Really enjoyed browsing through it. Want that pattern for her purse. I can totally see me making that one for me and several friends. I'm thinking my hair stylist would like one - I have the perfect fabric for her just waiting for the perfect bag! It's the London Bag pattern.

Leave a comment:

• bkthomas
    replied

She looks awesome!
    Now go forth and do your own thing!!! Can't wait to see the results!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

I just went to see The Dress... although it's absolutely not my style, I love the whole outfit on her, especially the gloves and shoes! Both cool and adorable.

Leave a comment:

• lyric
    started a topic That Fabric!!! No, she didn't!!!!!!

That Fabric!!! No, she didn't!!!!!!

The nerve of her. AND, she's a big girl sewist!

I AM IN LOVE.

The Michael Miller Teapot Dress - Adventures in sewing from a wannabe fatshionista

I posted this thread yesterday http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gen...ir-fabric.html and wondered if ANYone had dared make a garment with this type of fabric. Then, just now, lo and behold this sewist stopped by my blog and posted a comment (yay!). Thankfully, I dropped by her blog to share the Blog Love and got this eye candy.

I am so excited to see this and just had to share. Happy time!

Thanks, gals for clicking in.
Working...
X