Thursday thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday thanks!

Hello again, dear quilty friends! What are you thankful for today?

I'm thankful for being sick. Seriously! Last night I came down with the stomach bug that's been going around hereabouts (DIL says even her doctor has it!), and did not go in to work today. Slept until 10 a.m. and am still in my jammies at almost noon. I'm tired but no longer nauseated, so I'm going to just take it easy, and maybe work on DGS's quilt a bit later. Feels sort of like I'm playing hooky, but I really could not have gone in to my office as tired as I was.

I'm also thankful that with a full-time job, I get paid sick days... I know many people don't have that luxury, and I do not take it for granted!

And, as always, I'm thankful for forum friends - I really enjoy reading your posts about everything, quilting-related or not!

Blessings,
    ~ Sally \0/

Re: Thursday thanks!

What a wonder thread to start! I very thankful that my youngest DD is safe. She was one floor up from the shooting at Purdue on Tuesday. She said the SWAT team got them out and in lockdown very quickly. My heart goes out to both families and all involved.

Comment

I'm thankful for a beautiful (albeit a bit CHILLY!) day in northern Missouri!!

Have a wonderfully thankful Thursday wherever you are!!
      Jean

Comment

I'm thankful that I was able to help my kids out today and keep my handsome grandson Jackson for them. His school had no heat and with temps in the single digits here of course they closed the doors. Sew - when they called I said "YES" bring him right over.

Which also means I thankful that I'm in good enough health to keep up with a 10 year old. And that I had the funds to take him to a movie (The Nut Job - very cute) and buy him a snack to boot. Sew much to be thankful for - What a great day!!!

Comment

I'm thankful for a warm house. No frozen pipes. All utilities working. It was 12 deg. this a.m. with ~3" of fresh snow. I'm thankful for our "snow angel" from my church who faithfully shovels our walk, driveway, & patio. I'm thankful the sun is shining. It's supposed to be in the upper 50's this wk.-end. I've been baking spelt bread today, so the house smells yummy. Also baked a spelt carrot/apple cake (no spices) for hubby; he's allergic to wheat. He has many food intolerances, so I cook all his food from scratch. His foods are very plain. I'm thankful for M*QC & the Forum. Everyone stay safe & warm! JCY

Comment

I am so thankful for the kind quilters on here that are creating a quilt of love for Whitnee. I am most thankful for Megan who is heading up this project and is so calm about it all! Whitnee's grandmother really wanted to be a part of this and Megan is working it out for that to happen. I am so thankful that everyone is so happy about this little mission of love.

I am also incredibly thankful that my DD not only just graduated from college, but she has now passed her first big test on her path to her career as an actuary. She has had a lot of health issues in the past couple of years and so I am so thankful that she has persevered and is finally seeing much success! She has had non-stop headaches, daily for 2 years and just been diagnosed correctly, but will now have to face the possibility of persistent headaches for the rest of her life. She is a beautiful, talented, loving young woman (yes, Momma is talking here!) that now has her confidence renewed and is ready to get on with the rest of her story. I praise God for always being there in her life.

Comment

Working...
            X