Go-Go gadget nite owls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go-Go gadget nite owls

It's pretty early for me to be a nite owl but what the heck. lol If you guys were on my thread about getting away from so much supermarket food, (the middle part of the store) a lot of you were saying yeah good idea!

So , so far I have made Mexican beans, lentil soup and chicken cacciatore in my new crock pot (hint on the gadget). I borrowed my dd's grinder for the kitchen aid mixer so I could make some chicken or turkey meatballs. It took less than 5 min to grind a pound. Going to get his gadget!

What is your favorite can't do without gadgets? It doesn't have to be kitchen
    ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Re: Go-Go gadget nite owls

I have that grinder attachment for my Kitchen-Aid and have never used it. It was a gift. HMMMMMM, I will have to try that. I find chicken on sale from time to time. It is cheaper than ground beef!
    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
    :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kateskloset View Post
      I have that grinder attachment for my Kitchen-Aid and have never used it. It was a gift. HMMMMMM, I will have to try that. I find chicken on sale from time to time. It is cheaper than ground beef!
      Even grinding your own beef would be cheaper! Then it wouldn't have all the extra 'stuff' in it too.
      ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

Completely off topic here....has anyone ever linked their headaches to the barometric pressure?
        Mary
        SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
          Completely off topic here....has anyone ever linked their headaches to the barometric pressure?
          Yes. I'm pretty sure my eyeball is going to explode when some high-pressure systems roll in really fast.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
            Yes. I'm pretty sure my eyeball is going to explode when some high-pressure systems roll in really fast.
            Or you wish your sinuses would explode to relieve the pressure build up in your head,
            K is for Karen ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€‹..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
              <raises her hand> Me me me! I get terrible migraines from changes to the barometric pressure. I thought for years I just had bad sinus problems, but I found out it was actually migraines and the changes in the weather. I even get migraines when I go to a new city. I told my doctor and she prescribed MaxAlt and it's worked well so far.

My go to gadget - besides my sewing machine - is probably my immersion blender. I got it recently at a cooking class and love using it. It washes up quick and works on everything. I love making soups so it's a natural for making them.

Anyone into once a month cooking? My sister and I have done this a couple of times and like it. I think the last time we did it, it cost us $175.00 total for an entire month's worth of food. Being that we are single women, we split the dinners and found them to be plenty for a meal and lunch the next day for most of the meals.
              Last edited by snippet; January 22, 2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

The best time to find the turkey is during the holidays, or right after. The fresh turkeys usually go on sale. We ground up two good sized turkey breasts this year. I don't have a snazzy stand-mixer, so we used the hand-crank meat grinder and portioned it out in 1# food saver bags and froze them that way.
                Hmmm. My favorite gadget. I'm not sure the coffee maker and the crockpot count as gadgets, but if they do those are my votes.

I have an accessory for my blender that I use frequently. It is about 16 ounces and you screw the blade section to the top after you fill it with stuff for a smoothie or a coffee frappรฉ. You invert the whole thing and run the blender like normal. When done, you remove the blade assembly and screw on a travel top a straw hole.
                The image wouldn't transfer....

I'm also a huge fan of the Silpat baking sheet liners and/or parchment paper.
                Last edited by toggpine; January 22, 2014, 09:23 PM.
                Be who you are and say what you feel
                because those who mind don't matter,
                and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Absolutely. We lived in Louisiana (basically below sea level) but spent quite a bit of time in Colorado (most of time 9000 feet above sea level) in our younger years. I could count on a migraine the day after we arrived in Colorado. We now live in the Houston area and to this day very often when a front is coming through, I'll get a migraine.

I sympathize.
                  Cheryl Perez

Comment

I have had a head banging headache off and on for the last week. I went to the local weather barometric graph and the darn pressure is swinging up and down drastically....gonna go slather my face with Vicks and go to bed .... Night all!
                    Mary
                    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

My sinuses have been killing me with all of the changes in weather we are having! My doc wants me to have surgery, but I don't know if it will help..............

Ok, back on topic - my favorite can't do without gadget is my laptop!
                      Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

In Louisiana, we keep sinus headaches, allergies, etc. It is the worst place for allergies! On kitchen gadgets, I LOVE LOVE kitchen gadgets. Just went to a Pampered Chef party last week and ordered a mango slicer. I cannot wait for summer to make mango salsa. I have a Keurig coffee maker, a Kitchen Aid stand and a hand mixer...a Cuisinart food processor, crock pots(large and small to melt chocolate) you name it. my next purchase will be a digital pressure cooker. I used to have one of the old fashioned ones with the little wobbly thing on top. I hear they cook wonderfully.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Kateskloset View Post
                          In Louisiana, we keep sinus headaches, allergies, etc. It is the worst place for allergies! On kitchen gadgets, I LOVE LOVE kitchen gadgets. Just went to a Pampered Chef party last week and ordered a mango slicer. I cannot wait for summer to make mango salsa. I have a Keurig coffee maker, a Kitchen Aid stand and a hand mixer...a Cuisinart food processor, crock pots(large and small to melt chocolate) you name it. my next purchase will be a digital pressure cooker. I used to have one of the old fashioned ones with the little wobbly thing on top. I hear they cook wonderfully.
                          You melt chocolate in a crock pot? That's interesting. My dd want's a pressure cooker, but when we looked at Walmart they were huge. Do you have a brand in mind? Maybe I will surprise her.
                          ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

You melt chocolate in a crock pot?
                            We dip pretzels in melted chocolate chips at Christmas. I scored one of those little 1 quart crock pots at a black Friday sale at our local Wal Mart for $2.88. That's about all it is good for, or to keep dip warm at a party. I researched the pressure cookers awhile ago, and then my attention went to something else....been meaning to get back to my research. Haven't picked out the one I would like yet.

Julie

Comment

I have one of these that I found in my auntie's kitchen. It's really old and has more 'grooves' . From wine bottles to pickle jars!

-jar-opener.jpg
                              ๐ŸŒบ Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X