Wednesday Night Alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Night Alone

Sitting her this evening enjoying an evening alone while my DH goes bowling. I enjoy these RARE occasions when he is gone and I can watch what I want on tv or not watch tv at all, work on quilt blocks without the "you spend too much time doing that and not enough time doing this that or the other..." Of course I am doing laundry too but still it is peaceful without him here and his awful tv and movie choices playing in the background. One of these days, I am going to send him on a vacation for a few days by himself so I can have a vacation of peace and quiet. Auntiemern is lucky her DH at least goes fishing once in a while and she gets rid of him sometimes.
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Re: Wednesday Night Alone

Well that is true, a little "alone" time is a treat, but like all treats it has it's limits. Enjoy while you can.!

Comment

Ahhh yes. I so look forward to fishing season. Deer season is good too. The great thing about fishing season tho is I usually can count on 2-4 days before the tournament, then the week end of. Works great when I don't have the kids. I am one of those people that REQUIRES alone time. If I don't get it semi frequently, I start getting...antsy. That is when I get done what I want. Heavy cleaning, furniture re arranging and of course sewing. But the non sewing stuff is what I really need to do. I can't do any of that when he is here, cuz he is all up in my stuff, wanting to know what I need to do this or that for. I can sew when he is here, but the other stuff, he gets in my way. So you go Rhonda, and enjoy your free time. I happen to know your husband, and you REALLY need it more than I do.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Hey, Wednesday night alone is EVERY WEDNESDAY! Sometimes good, sometimes not!

Comment

My dh is at a basketball game tonight! As I left work today, I stopped and got another gallon of paint for the sewing room. I got the 2nd coat on as much as I could reach tonight. Need to re-arrange the stuff again and finish part of the last wall with 2 coats and then I am done! Had the music blaring and actually enjoyed getting a job mostly completed!

I enjoy alone time once in a while too. Of course, if I go to my sewing room, he usually doesn't bother me (much)
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I hear ya! My DH gave up deer hunting this year, sigh! But alas, he bought a boat! He bought an old one and has been re doing some things on it...the girls asked me "Why did you agree to let dad get that boat?" I replied, "Oh girls....there is a method behind my madness........your Dad will go fishing at least once a week! And fishing doesn't have a season!"
            "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
            :D

Comment

Working...
            X