Just off the cruise in Newark- brrrr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just off the cruise in Newark- brrrr.

They were expecting a few inches this afternoon (Tuesday) and it was blinding by 100 Am. We caught one of the last flights out of Newark after our earlier flight was cancelled and then we had one more missed flight before we finally got home late tonight. It is so nice to not be stuck in the airport overnight. And it's great to be back at M*QC and catching up on everyone!

Re: Just off the cruise in Newark- brrrr.

Glad you got home safely. If you hadn't left when you did you would have been stuck at Newark airport for longer than overnight as we have about 12" of snow and it still is coming down.

Comment

Glad your not stuck!!!
      :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Welcome home, Lilly! Good to see you again.

Comment

Lilly, where did you cruise?

Comment

Welcome back! I came home from a cruise last week. Of course everyone was happy to have escaped the Polar Vortex and enjoy the sunshine and warm temps of Haiti, Jamaica, and Cozumel. People were remarking that there was a 150° difference between their home and on the ship. I can't imagine being that cold! I came home to warm temps in South Texas.

Comment

I'm so glad you got home safely. We've been watching the delays at the airports on the news. it's a wild winter. Welcome Home.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome back's. Jean, we cruised out of Newark for 3 days of sea down to San Juan, then to St. Thomas, then to Samana (my favorite port as it is very new and tho very rustic now, it reminds people of St. Thomas 30 years ago). Finally we went to Royal Caribbean's private island, Labadee, in Haiti and then two days of sea back to Newark. The ship had an ice skating rink and did a wonderful show on the ice with lots of costume changes and amazing skating. I think, tho, that I will always cherish the memory of looking back at the ship and seeing it fade into the snowstorm as we got into our shuttle to return to the airport. Cruise ship in a snowstorm = crazy!
                Last edited by Lilly; January 23, 2014, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Samana is a new place for me, I'll have to look that one up.

Watching your ship sail off in a snowstorm would be crazy for sure! Glad you are home and had a good time.

Comment

Working...
                  X