X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MayinJerset
    replied
    Re: Tuesday Tuesday

Chiming in really late today. I was up around 5 - 5:30 as DH had an early doctor's appointment. You know now I'm wondering why I got up if he had the appointment? He had to fast for blood work so I didn't need to make him coffee or breakfast and he does that himself. Anyway, when DH returned from his appointment the snow had already started coming down very heavily so we made a dash for the supermarket. It was pretty crowded but there was still plenty of bread, milk and meats. I stocked up on soup fixings and veggies and a few personal items I was really low on. We were in the store about 1 hour and when we left the parking lot, cars and anything standing still was covered with a big thick layer of snow. Temps are to drop very low the next few days so that means a lot of icy roads and walkways and that also means I'm staying indoors. Have plenty to keep my busy here. May

PS: Just received a phone call from our town - they are expecting 14" of snow . First thought when DH told me this is that we don't have enough food, LOL!
    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 21, 2014, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cathy F
    replied

Morning all,
    Had a hard time getting out of bed today. Just came home last night from my quilting weekend up on Crystal Lake. My friend has a lake house there and invited 8 of us for a girls weekend. We had such a good time and I did accomplish quite a bit of sewing not too mention all the eating we did. Each of us brought a meal so our hostess could also enjoy some sewing time too. So every meal was a surprise! I completed a Christmas quilt top that had been on my "to do" list from 2013 that I never got to. Feels good to have another thing completed.
    Today we are expecting 8-14" of snow according to the local weather. Guess I'm off to the store to get a few groceries. Hopefully it will be less than they predict.
    Will keep Ryken and his mom in my thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery. Hugs to all our other members that need a few extra today.

Leave a comment:

• ilive2craft2
    replied

Good Morning all! I have an unexpected day off today - they closed school, so I was just going to go in late - just checked email and they also closed offices - woohoo! We have some snow and wind. I think I am going to get moving and get the sewing room painted. I just didn't get to it yesterday - not enough time between everything else that was going on.

Mary, prayers for your family and the medical staff involved. Hugs and prayers to all who need them and those that don't.

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

Good morning...

Cold and snowy here. DH goes to work before I do and he told me not to leave until daylight because he could barely see the road and then there were whiteouts. So I decided to take a 1/2 day vacation and I'll go in at noon...hopefully the weather will have calmed down by then.

Since I have a couple of hours I think I'll rip out some quilting on a quilt I'm making...just don't like the way it looks. I'll be glad when I get that finished and can restart the quilting on it.

Prayers being said for Ryken and his mom.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

Leave a comment:

• CrazyMtnLady
    replied

Prayers for Ryken and his Momma.

The wind is blowing so hard here I think I need to hold on to Gator (pug) when I let him out or else he will end up in OZ...LOL
    I can't believe this weather. It was 60* yesterday and is only going to be a high of 27* today. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr. If I wasn't so lazy I would build a fire in the wood stove in the sewing room and sew. But I think staying in the warm area and watching movies in my warm pjs is in order today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Hugs and prayers to all.

Leave a comment:

• Carol336
    replied

Prayers for Ryken and Momma....please keep us posted on his surgery and recovery.

Awaiting the snow storm here in Central MD - ugh!!! I do have all my tp and milk though so I'm good to go - LOL

Might do some sewing today. I got my new Olfa rotating cutting mat yesterday and am dying to take it for a test drive. However with the impending snow - DH is off work. Now you all know we're in the throws of downsizing and he is driving me crazy every second to get down that basement and clean out. We did that all day yesterday and I'm getting a little sick of it. Might just have to slap him silly and get busy sewing - LOL.

I am going to get a pot of split pea soup going soon though - love to have a pot of bubbling soup on the stove when the snow is coming down outside.....just makes the house feel so warm and smell sooooo good.

Have a great day everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Granny Judy
    replied

Prayers for Momma and Ryken said.. And will keep them in my heart for speedy recovery.

It snowed and blowed here last night as well... pretty but very cold. I do notice the longer days tho and that promise of Spring is almost here. I'm doing meals in the over today.. to warm up the house and keep it cozy. Roasted Chicken, corn and steamed Brussel sprouts. Yes you can roast corn in the oven.. I just googled it!!

Praying all have a great day with lots to be thankful for.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Good morning Mary and all who come in after me.

No sewing yesterday as I was in the city. Had a wonderful lunch with BIL, SIL, niece, and hubby. Today is quilting day at Victoria's Quilts. I have not been there since I am sure 2012. EVERY day I was busy, hard to believe. So off in a little while.

I may get into my own sewing room today. I need to prepare projects to take with me for the rest of the week. I work in that little post office again.

Have a wonderful day friends. Stay warm everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Mpyles
    started a topic Tuesday Tuesday

Tuesday Tuesday

Good morning!!

Tuesday morning! Wind is a howling...You would think it was march!

Today I would like to ask all of you to lift my great nephew Ryken up in prayer. He is having some heart surgery this morning to hopefully correct a congenital defect. He is 10 years old and the best little baseball and football player. His mother is a wreck so I would also ask that you keep her in your prayers as well...she's the best little momma too!

Off to a new product training this morning...just what we need...more products to make!

Day 2 of gratefulness/thankfulness...I am grateful for all the family and friends I have!!

Everyone have a great day!!!
Working...
X