Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

. . Mystery of the painted fence post . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. . Mystery of the painted fence post . .

. . hubby caught the man fluorescent orange handed today . . he was back painting the fence post again . .

neighbor called my sister - my sister called the hubby - hubby jumped in his truck and drove out to the area where
    the dude was just painting away -- hubby blocked him in - so he couldn't drive off . . . hubby yells out to him .

Hubby - hey man - what do you think your doing . .
    the dude - repainting the post
    Hubby - thats my property your painting
    the dude - yeah I know but I need the marker to ping a radio station
    Hubby - what radio station
    the dude - WAY Radio 550 am out off of Russell Road
    Hubby - whatz does have to do with my fence post
    the dude - the station is adding more power and I come out every few weeks
    to ping for the new signal strenght

so the dude - pulls all his paperwork and maps out and shows the hubby . ..

I would have given radio station company the what 4s -- but then I found out the Radio station
    is a Christian Radio Station . .*oh my*~ . . .

so - now when I call them tomorrow I have to be nice nice . . and explain to them that they have to notify peeps out here in them these woods L*~
    peeps out here carry

mystery solved

now onto the next neighborhood mystery . . L*~
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Re: . . Mystery of the painted fence post . .

So, i am curious. Does he than have the right to paint someones fence because he is pinging. Still not sure what painting the fence does
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

they painted the post as a locator for the pinger person - he stands at the marking and ping for radio ways . . so he is saying

mystery might be solved -- but acts are still questionable --- we live on a ''private'' road -- he has to ask permission from everyone
      on this road to do what he is doing . .
      2015 is here

Comment

I have to laugh at your comment about "carrying"! Kind of risky to be trespassing and not telling anyone what you're doing!

Comment

exactly!!! . . -- my ''Pink Lady'' is always nearby

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          I have to laugh at your comment about "carrying"! Kind of risky to be trespassing and not telling anyone what you're doing!
          2015 is here

Comment

Guess the people at the Christian radio station aren't bright enough to use some fluorescent tape instead? Lot easier to remove and less damaging than paint ...
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Very "ODD" and I really wouldn't care that it's a Christian radio station. It's still my property and I wouldn't want an orange post! lol
              sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Heavy Metal, Country, Blues. Christian gives no excuse for trespassing.

We had a guy walking on our property and I yelled out can I help you? I'm looking for a water line. Umm, I have a front door. What a dweeb.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

it was one of these deals -- one two squirt squirt I'm gone . . tape takes more time -- I guess he thought he was playing the roll of a repo men . .*ugh*~

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                  Guess the people at the Christian radio station aren't bright enough to use some fluorescent tape instead? Lot easier to remove and less damaging than paint ...
                  2015 is here

Comment

I am glad to hear that the people in Florida "carry". Florida is a lot like Texas in this regard. We live out in the country, and I tell my Grandkids from Georgia not to go across the fence line because everyone here in Texas has a gun, and that is true. More like a bunch of guns, I should say. I think that is why no other country would invade us successfully.
                    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Joyce -- the state of GA . . they encourage peeps to have guns

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
                      I am glad to hear that the people in Florida "carry". Florida is a lot like Texas in this regard. We live out in the country, and I tell my Grandkids from Georgia not to go across the fence line because everyone here in Texas has a gun, and that is true. More like a bunch of guns, I should say. I think that is why no other country would invade us successfully.
                      2015 is here

Comment

It isn't just you southern folks who carry!

You don't really want to be in our pasture/woods/property without permission. According to the zombie target and bowling pins, I can throw bullets with better aim than I can a baseball, and a hell of a lot faster.

I'd suggest he use the flagging tape and mark a phone number & date on it. The paint on your fence posts sounds a lot like defilement of property. It might be different if he were just making a mark on the ground.
                        It doesn't matter who it is. I'd still be mad. I have found that you will get farther by starting out nice, even "angry" nice, than by just jumping down their throats. They may not know the dip-stick is out painting fence posts instead of marking the ground or using flagging tape.
                        Good luck with your conversation!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

What am I missing?
                          Pinging? What the heck is that?
                          I honestly though you were dealing with a schizophrenic!
                          This is legit??....
                          I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                          It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Originally posted by New York Sue View Post
                            What am I missing?
                            Pinging? What the heck is that?
                            I honestly though you were dealing with a schizophrenic!
                            This is legit??....
                            He's trying to get service for cell tower to get a radio station to come in. They use pings from cell phones to find lost people too. If they would of just asked it would be legit I would think. I think I watch too much cop shows lol
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

this issue has moved to the top of my -- Things to do -- list -- so one of the 1st things I do in the morning is to call the radio station to find out if this stuff is really legit . . . *tossing stuff out of costume box*~ putting on my investigator hat*~

actually I've never heard of this being done . . but then again . . you don't know when peeps are out and about taking/making
                              updated information for google earth . .
                              2015 is here

Comment

Working...
                              X