It's Monday time to begin a new week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday time to begin a new week...

Some of us have a day off from work so enjoy it. To others you have to work so do the best you can.

I'm trying to get my 2013 quilting paper work sorted and filed put away. I begin the year keeping journal pages recording about how much I spend on quilt related items, where and who I donate quilts and pillowcases to, who I send swaps or PIFs to as well as what I receive. That works pretty good for the first 2/3 of the year but come around the holidays nothing gets recorded. My supplies list ended in Nov. and I had spent about $700 so I thought that was enough to know and dumped the list. One list I need to make sure is complete is of all that sent me some quilting goodies over the year, I want to make sure I remember who the sweethearts were and want to keep that record complete.

Meanwhile I need to attend to this year's stuff. Saturday afternoon I brought home a bunch of pillowcases with me to wash, dry and pack into baggies for our next hospital distribution. Washing and drying them is no problem at all but getting them into the baggies is, I can't seem to get the little suckers closed with as little air in the baggie as possible. Guild members donate the baggies and I'm always so happy when one of them donate the ones that have a tab to pull the baggie closed, so easy on these old hands.

I've done enough bellyaching for one morning so I'll get busy and take care of some of the stuff I've been complaining about.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 20, 2014, 06:41 AM. Reason: double post

Re: It's Monday time to begin a new week...

Seems a few of us were posting at the same time. Go to the other ones becausemorning person w coffee.jpg

Comment

Good morning May. Looks like you, Monique and I were all saying Good Morning at the same time.

Love your idea about keeping that journal. I might try to do something like that too. We are only a few weeks into the new year so I think I can catch up since I haven't done too much sewing this year so I can remember what I've made and I didn't shop for fabric until Saturday so I can enter that. Thanks for the inspiration.

Good luck getting those pillowcases into the baggies.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning...

I should keep a list of what I do also (that would last about 2 months LOL). I am keeping track of a quilt I'm making on a spreadsheet because I want to try to sell it and need to know what my expenses are.

Well better get busy here...have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs
        Shirley aka buckeyequilter
        I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Good Morning! A rare Monday off with no Laylabug... good and bad...I enjoy having her very much, but it is 24 hours and one of my two days off taken up... so.... I have this whole EXTRA day off! I have to organize my head and quilting supplies for our quilt retreat this weekend. I have Friday thru next Monday off....three days of quilting and then Monday with Laylabug...
          I started thinking last night of what to finish and have come up with three new things to START... whoops!!!!

It looks sunny today, may go out and about and take some photos.... have a great day, all!
          ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Comment

Working...
          X