Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoot Hoot Any Night Owls hanging around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoot Hoot Any Night Owls hanging around?

It's very early in the morning, Sunday just ended and a new Monday just began. Many are sleeping soundly as they don't have to worry about going to work on Monday as they are off for Martin Luther King's Bday. He and I used to have the same birthdate but his gets celebrated on a different day each year. No matter which day it is he still would have been older than me if he was alive. Not that anyone really cares. Just rambling thoughts in the middle of the night, they don't have to make sense.

So what is everyone going to do on their day off? Shop, catch up with household stuff or just chill out on the couch?
    Whatever you do I hope you have a good time and are all rested up for the rest of the work week. Came across this cartoon and it tickled my fancy. It is called Pumping Raisins.

pumping raisins.jpg.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; January 19, 2014, 11:05 PM.

Re: Hoot Hoot Any Night Owls hanging around?

Cute Picture, May! I am not off - I work all Holidays, pretty much. I will be off from Tuesday Morning until Sunday night. I am in the middle of getting my new house ready to move in to and hope to actually start moving in the next few days. So much to do, so little time and $ to do with. My son is coming on Saturday to help, and it happens to be his 33rd birthday. So hard to believe.

Well, break time is over - back to work!
    Donna

Comment

Good early morning. I would love to catch up on some much needed house work. Hope everyone has a great day.
      ~ Tracy

Comment

I am not off either. Today was my token day off. It sucks when you have to work six day weeks, and not by choice! Whatever will I do in a few months when I don't have to work any days????
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

No specific plans for tomorrow except maybe getting a quilt top ready to sew together; depends on my mood. It is supposed to be very cold so don't plan on spending much time outside for sure. Maybe I will set up my sewing machine and practice doing some quilting and watch the newest Craftsy class that I bought today.

Funny picture there. Had to look at it twice before I figured it out; must be late night brain drain.

How exciting to move into a new house; well, maybe not the actual moving of all your stuff part; but getting a new place sounds exciting to me. Have fun! Now I think I should go to bed; after I look at another lesson on Craftsy. Good night Owls!
          :icon_wave: Linda
          "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Love the pic! I'm just sitting here winding down before bed. I'm hoping to be able to sleep tonight. Lately, I go to bed and sleep for three hours and then I'm wide awake...UGH! So frustrating. It's been taking me longer to go to sleep too. Hubby thinks I have too many things going on in my head and that is my problem. Maybe he is right.
            Today I worked on some pillows I'm making for a friend out of her dad's sweaters. I made 6 heart shaped ones today and tomorrow I will make 7 more that are square and rectangle. Then I need to finish some towels and a potholder for hubby's aunt and uncle to go with a gift we got for them. We are doing Christmas with them on Wednesday. Yes, you heard it right. We have postponed twice now because someone has been sick, so hoping we can do this on Wednesday and be done.
            Well, gonna go read for awhile and try to get some sleep.
            Have a great night everyone!
            Oh, to answer your question...I don't work so I'll be home tomorrow sewing.
            Cil
            A quilt is a blanket of love
            http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
            http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I am retired and have every day off. I used to hear people say that when they retired, they have a hard time knowing the date and the day of the week. It is so true! We have trash day once a week, and I get so mad when we miss it because we think it is a different week day! I am so lucky to have had these retirement years. They have been the best of my life.
              Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                I am not off either. Today was my token day off. It sucks when you have to work six day weeks, and not by choice! Whatever will I do in a few months when I don't have to work any days????
                I could think of many things. I hope I can call myself retired someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeforyouinma11 View Post
                  Love the pic! I'm just sitting here winding down before bed. I'm hoping to be able to sleep tonight. Lately, I go to bed and sleep for three hours and then I'm wide awake...UGH! So frustrating. It's been taking me longer to go to sleep too. Hubby thinks I have too many things going on in my head and that is my problem. Maybe he is right.
                  Today I worked on some pillows I'm making for a friend out of her dad's sweaters. I made 6 heart shaped ones today and tomorrow I will make 7 more that are square and rectangle. Then I need to finish some towels and a potholder for hubby's aunt and uncle to go with a gift we got for them. We are doing Christmas with them on Wednesday. Yes, you heard it right. We have postponed twice now because someone has been sick, so hoping we can do this on Wednesday and be done.
                  Well, gonna go read for awhile and try to get some sleep.
                  Have a great night everyone!
                  Oh, to answer your question...I don't work so I'll be home tomorrow sewing.
                  I am the same way regarding sleep. I think it is because I didn't get much sleep when I was working. I worked all day and went to school at night, then had to deal with children, too. I only slept four hours, and that seems to be all I need. My husband, however, needs his eight hours or he can't hold his eyes open during the day.
                  Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

I'll be working late tomorrow. The nice thing is I can stay up late tonight. I still want to piece my first three blocks for Leah Day's quilt-along. I am already behind.

Comment

Work today for me. Probably a big sale. It will probably be busy as it is when school is off...lots of teachers. Nothing against teachers but when they come in to shop they are some of the neediest people I see, and not always the nicest. enoff said! It looks loudy and weatherman says maybe a sprinkle or snowshower but warmer near 40...Yay a heatwave!! I managed to get another quilt for PICU quilted, just needs binding. ran short on backing so it is pieced and so will the binding , but its cute.
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sorry I missed the Night Owling last night.
                        I worked on some garden markers after the game, and when everyone else headed to bed, I wasn't sleepy, so I sat and read a book until the wee hours.
                        Just for your information - 20 year old FIMO clay doesn't work up very easily and tends to crumble into sand. The Sculpey, on the other hand is a bit stiff at first, but works up really well. Just in case you ever want to store craft supplies that long before you get back around to using them up.... There were some serious disadvantages to working at a craft store in college!
                        On a better note. I'll have some super garden markers this year!

Em & I have no plans for the day. Hmmm. Maybe we'll make cookies, and she can help me make supper too. Never too early to learn how to cook!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I missed you all last night, too. Our nephew spent the night - he is now 3, we had a good time and he went to bed ok, but woke up around 3:30 for about an hour. He just wanted to get up and play, only when he was close to falling back asleep did he ask for Mommy and Daddy. We just tucked him in with us - I think us aunt's can spoil them as much as Grandma's can, right?

He was picked up around 10:30 and then my brother came over to finish grouting the tile he laid in the base of our bay window. While he was doing that, I embroidered the newest great nephew's name on some flannel to make him some burp cloths. Should be working on that or taking a nap now. Dog has a vet appt at 2:15. Maybe I will start painting the final color in the sewing room today. I bought paint yesterday - decided on a soft yellow - it was called banana pudding. Will probably look cream, but oh well, it will be clean!
                          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Working...
                          X