• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chanticlair
    replied
    Re: HELP FOR MY KNEES, OUCH!!

Originally posted by alliek View Post
    Your in my prayers Cheryl, I will be thinking and praying for you on Thursday and for your rehab. God Bless
    Thank you, Allie. I sincerely appreciate your prayers and will pray for you, too that you will find out definitively the cause of your pain and that there is a solution for you. I hope you will update us once you've seen the doctor. Blessings, Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• alliek
    replied

Your in my prayers Cheryl, I will be thinking and praying for you on Thursday and for your rehab. God Bless

Leave a comment:

• Chanticlair
    replied

Take care. I'm glad you are getting some relief. My surgery is Thursday. I had to stop taking the NSAIDS to prepare and my pain has increased significantly. Will be glad when Thursday gets here.
    Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• alliek
    replied

Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
    Be careful and start out with a small dose of that apple cider vinegar. My DH read about the benefits and talked me into trying it for my GERD. After a few days I got so sick I seriously thought if it got any worse I would have to go to urgent care. For several days after that I was careful about eating and drinking very mild food/drinks. The agony in my stomach!
    At this time i don't know if I want to try it. I've heard this remedy for everything from acne to heart trouble! I would guess it might have some merit, maybe hopefully the same as a glass of wine! Because of the amount of Aleve I'm taking I don't think I want to try this, however, I'm grateful for the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• alliek
    replied

Originally posted by Chanticlair View Post
    Allie, I've been thinking about you and your knees. Just checking to see if any of our suggestions helped and if have been able to have an MRI. Thanks, Cheryl
    Not yet(for the MRI,I see the doc in a few weeks again) but i have upped the dose of the Aleve and my pain has alleviated a whole lot. At least I can walk and stand for some amounts of time. I still experience discomfort,especially in the right knee but it has improved greatly. I am also taking Glucosamine with Chondroitin, which needs to build up in your body to help with the joints. Thank you for your concern and i thank everyone for their suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Amarillo19
    replied

When I saw an orthopedic doctor for my knee pain, his advice was when your knees keep you from doing what you want to do, that's the time for knee replacement. It's a hard decision but one I'm very glad I made. I had my left knee replaced 3 years ago and it's been wonderful. No problems at all. But you must go to a doctor who routinely does many replacements a year. I'm lucky to live 90 miles from a Mayo Clinic so that's where I went. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Chanticlair
    replied

Originally posted by alliek View Post
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND REMEDIES. I THINK AN MRI IS DEFINITELY WHAT I NEED. I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERNS AND THE TIME YOU TOOK TO RESPOND. LOVE THIS FORUM. -ALLIE K.
    Allie, I've been thinking about you and your knees. Just checking to see if any of our suggestions helped and if have been able to have an MRI. Thanks, Cheryl

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    replied

I'm so sorry you are experiencing this pain...believe me I know what you are going through! I am scheduled to have total knee replacement on my left knee in April or May. I get sinovial and cortisone injections regularly and take 800 mgs of liquid ibuprophen a day. You should never use heat btw...always cold as it calms down the inflammation that causes pain. If you can get the flareup under control maybe the Alieve will work better. I'm glad you are following your docs advice to take it 4 x's a day. Hopefully the MRI will help give more answers.

Leave a comment:

• Lissau
    replied

Rhonda l'm walking on my left knee and l've got a torn ACL ..

Leave a comment:

• alliek
    replied

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE AND REMEDIES. I THINK AN MRI IS DEFINITELY WHAT I NEED. I APPRECIATE YOUR CONCERNS AND THE TIME YOU TOOK TO RESPOND. LOVE THIS FORUM. -ALLIE K.

Leave a comment:

• Rhonda D. Matzker
    replied

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your knee. If you are able to walk on your knee at all, it more than likely is not a torn ACL but it could be a meniscus or another ligament issue. I would definitely request to have an MRI done to rule out any ligament or soft tissue problems. If it turns out be arthritis, I recommend seeing a rheumatologist who specializes in treating arthritis. I have had two knee surgeries on my left knee for a dislocated knee cap. I will be keeping you in my prayers and wishing you all the best.

Leave a comment:

• IBake
    replied

See if you can get your hands on some Voltarin. It is cream that is topical. It is OTC in Canada(natch), and by script here in the states. My aunt has severe arthritis in hands and knees and uses this religiously and it helps her. I use it on my legs and back for the pain for the back surgeries. It works well for us. It might be worth a try. good luck

Leave a comment:

• Peggi
    replied

When I was a teen, I used to drink a bit of cider vinegar in water for my blemishes. It worked wonderfully, my skin was clear within 5 days. I started out drinking it once a day, then cut back to once every other day. It was difficult to swallow but totally worth it. Wish I'd thought of mixing some honey in, that would have made it a lot more palatable.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied

I have never heard of this RAW Apple Cider Vinegar.....Where do you buy it ? My friend suffers from RA....and it's sad to see her in so much pain. She takes Neurontin ....but it doesn't help that much. OF course if she wasn't trying to help her family and concentrate on her own health issues she might feel better as well.

I would appreciate any info on this Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. If I just tell her about it, she will just brush me off unless I can back it up with the info for it.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
    I have had two surgeries on my left knee. The first was to repair a torn meniscus and then 11 months later, different doctor, I had a total knee replacement. If you are to the point where it is bone on bone, that is probably your only option. I would go ahead and take the Aleeve for now, but would not take it long term.

I have a friend with arthritis that swears by raw apple cider vinegar for relief. She puts 2 tablespoons in 8 oz of water with enough raw honey to sweeten it, three times a day. She began drinking it for another reason and then noticed she was not in as much pain. After stopping it for a while, the pain returned. I am going to try it as I have arthritis all over, and I figure it can't hurt.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Be careful and start out with a small dose of that apple cider vinegar. My DH read about the benefits and talked me into trying it for my GERD. After a few days I got so sick I seriously thought if it got any worse I would have to go to urgent care. For several days after that I was careful about eating and drinking very mild food/drinks. The agony in my stomach!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X