Saturday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday...

Morning all! It's Saturday! The end of a very long week...just have to make it thru today! Which may be challenging as DH has come down with the gout again and had me up half the night. Poor guy..I can only imagine. I know it's painful.

Yesterday after work I went to Joann's. My DS had given me a gift card for Christmas and I was wanting some storage bins for my embroidery thread. Storage was 50% off this week so picked up a couple of art bins for 9.99 each, I also bout some of the pellon water soluable stabilizer as it was 50 % off too, they were out of the sulky. Once I finally figured out the right product to use I have been having more success with my embroidery! Funny how that happens!

Well, gonna go get my first cuppa coffee! Everyone have a great day!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Re: Saturday...

Hi everyone! The grandkids and I are going to go eagle watching on the Mississippi River today. The local wildlife rescue organization sets up spotting scopes and volunteers point out the eagles. This is the biggest wintering ground for bald eagles in the midwest, right at the confluence if the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers. No sewing today, tonight I'm going to our local theatre's awards banquet. Have a great day!

Comment

Oh boo, I did not get to sew today. I need another retreat. I did get unpacked, laundry done and such. I guess I need to lock myself away once in a while.

Not much happening here today. I did called to work next week so I will organize what work to take with me.

I was also asked for a quilt for an auction for the Relay for Life. I am thinking baby quilt as that will be all I have time to make. I will ponder on that.

Have a wonderful Saturday friends.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Just a quickie note today as I need to leave for a Pillowcase Sew In in 30 minutes. Thought it was going to snow this morning and sew in would be cancelled but it isn't so off I go. I have to be there because I have all the cut sets to sew and also need to take some photos of the Sew In for our guild's new blog. I also need to get the email addys of the shop's customers who come to sew with our guild members, that way they can be included in emails about our pillowcase sew ins at the shop.
        Last edited by MayinJerset; January 18, 2014, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone. It's a bit gray here today but so far no snow or rain. Going to finish up some burp cloths for a baby shower tomorrow and I think I need to head to Joann's or someplace for some fabric. I've gotten a couple of orders for valentine's, St. Patrick's, Easter/Passover and believe it or not, Winter/Hannakah tablerunners and potholders. I have wintery fabric and St. Patrick's and Valentines, but Passover, Easter and Hannakah I do not have. I gave a look last night online and can't find anything for Hannakah or Passover. Guess I will have to continue hunting.

I need to go take some pictures of the receiving blankets and self-binding blanket I made for the baby shower and get them posted.

Have a wonderful day all. Have fun at your sew in May.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
            Morning all! It's Saturday! The end of a very long week...just have to make it thru today! Which may be challenging as DH has come down with the gout again and had me up half the night. Poor guy..I can only imagine. I know it's painful.
            Yes gout is PAINFUL!!! I know first hand...can barely walk, can't stand anything to touch it. Having kids is less painful.
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I was at Joann's last weekend and they had several bolts of Hanukkah on clearance, 75% off.

Originally posted by Ginny B View Post
              Good morning everyone. It's a bit gray here today but so far no snow or rain. Going to finish up some burp cloths for a baby shower tomorrow and I think I need to head to Joann's or someplace for some fabric. I've gotten a couple of orders for valentine's, St. Patrick's, Easter/Passover and believe it or not, Winter/Hannakah tablerunners and potholders. I have wintery fabric and St. Patrick's and Valentines, but Passover, Easter and Hannakah I do not have. I gave a look last night online and can't find anything for Hannakah or Passover. Guess I will have to continue hunting.

I need to go take some pictures of the receiving blankets and self-binding blanket I made for the baby shower and get them posted.

Have a wonderful day all. Have fun at your sew in May.
              Robin
              My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

I am giving myself 5 more minutes on the computer, doing a 30 minute cleanup of the house, then sitting down and sewing until I have to get ready for church and a birthday party tonight. It's going to be a great weekend!
                Robin
                My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Good morning....

We only thought we were supposed to get maybe an inch of snow yesterday....WRONG!!! I was in an office with no windows working on a computer, I walked out of there into another office, with windows, looked like a blizzard going on. The drive home from work was slow!

This morning DH insisted that I go grocery shopping with him....he scares me to death on ice/snow. The roads are a little better but still slick...I give him credit today, he didn't scare me too much. I told him I'm not planning to go anywhere else this week-end. He wants gas in his truck he can go by himself.

I went out to my sewing room and turned up the heat so I will be heading out there in a bit. I was making a quilt for my sister and I have to put the last row on so I'll be doing that. After the quilt is finished it will go to my niece in memory of her mom. Working on two baby quilts for some friends so hopefully will get at least one of them finished this week-end.

Well if I plan to get any of that stuff done I'd better get busy. Have a wonderful day!!! Prayers and hugs
                  Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                  I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Good Morning all - we are supposed to get 2 to 4 inches of snow today, forecast says starting at 11, but it just started snowing here - not quite 9:30........hmmmm wonder if we will get more than predicted?

My brother is planning on coming over today and tiling the bottom of our big bay window in the living room. Our dog loves to stand with his front paws on it and has scratched it a bunch. I refilled and repainted many many times and finally just laid some tile there. Worked like a charm, just needs to be actually installed.

I am going to continue painting in the sewing room - brother might help with that too! Can't wait to get it done and get everything back in place so that I can sew!!!

Ok, off of this computer - too much fun spending time with all of you, but I HAVE to get some things done today! Hugs and prayers all around!
                    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Good Morning Ladies,
                      It is my normal Sat. work until 2. Then home to work on a t-shirt it is my first and I do so hope it turns out ok. An ex cowork asked me to do it for her brother who is a first responder. So I am taking my time and doing the best that I can for her. I have three more t-shirts to put the interfacing and sashing on. It will only be a lap size throw so just a total of 9 shirts. Wishing everyone a very joyful day.

Comment

It will be a busy day for me. Katie's Crucible in the Marines is over as of this morning and we are just waiting for our phone call tomorrow to tell us she is a Marine! Today I am keeping busy with all the stuff one does before they go away - cooking, cleaning, packing, washing, etc. etc. No sewing for me until I get back!

Snowed here overnight and thought we were getting 3 inches. Only got about an inch but was enough to have to use the leaf blower to blow off the vehicles and half the driveway. Ran out of cord so had to shovel the rest. If we don't get it off, it freezes into sheets of ice.

Better get busy here - lots to do. I hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs,
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                          Hi everyone! The grandkids and I are going to go eagle watching on the Mississippi River today. The local wildlife rescue organization sets up spotting scopes and volunteers point out the eagles. This is the biggest wintering ground for bald eagles in the midwest, right at the confluence if the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers. No sewing today, tonight I'm going to our local theatre's awards banquet. Have a great day!
                          We just came back from Eagle Days! The eagles like it CCOLD AND WWWWINDDDY! We about froze our tail feathers off! We saw more eagles from the parking lot than we did on the freezing cold bridge over the Mississippi. But we saw a Lewis and Clark re-enactment group--they picked a nice windy freezing cold weekend to reenact! It was interesting to see the group, it had about 10 guys in it.

image.jpg
                          My little eaglets in the nest!
                          image.jpg
                          Patriot, 19 year old rescue eagle from the World Bird Sanctuary in Valley Park, Mo.
                          image.jpg
                          Raising of the colors--Flag from Lewis and Clarks time, 15 stars and 15 stripes, before the Star Spangled Banner was written!
                          Last edited by Jean Sewing Machine; January 18, 2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Good day all. DD is off all weekend so I should get in plenty of sewing. I have a PICU quilt that just needs a border then sandwiched and quilted. Going to also work on the BOM's for my FB group. Sending up prayers for those in need, wishing for blessings for all, and hugs for the most amazing group of people on the planet.
                            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
                              Yes gout is PAINFUL!!! I know first hand...can barely walk, can't stand anything to touch it. Having kids is less painful.
                              My poor uncle suffered from it chronically. My Dad a few times, too.

Just a few days ago a friend was telling me about raw apple cider vinegar that treats arthritis and gout. She adds a couple of tablespoons to 8 oz of water and sweetens with raw honey., three times a day. She started this regime to relieve acid reflux and then after she noticed her arthritis was not flaring up researched it and found it was good for arthritis and gout. The principle is that all three ailments are related to an acid/alkaline imbalance in your system.

I figure it's worth a try - some days my fingers and lower body ache so badly it is hard to walk.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X