Missing from Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing from Ohio

This was just posted by a friend. It is her mom Missing Endangered Adult Alert Issued In Fairfield County
    Thanks. If you have FB can you share it.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Re: Missing from Ohio

So sorry Marilyn, I pray they find her soon, in these cold temps. Prayers for her recovery.

Comment

Hoping they find her soon and in good health.

Never heard of sundowners before but have two relatives who are night blind.
      Vonnie

Comment

Praying for the safety of your friend's mother. My mother had dementia so I understand what this lady is going thru.
        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I pray that they find her soon.
          ~ Tracy

Comment

They found her this morning. Thank you all for the prayers. She is in good shape. Sundowners from what I understand, is an increased confusion once the sun goes down.
            Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

My Mom suffered from Sundowners. It is common with Alzheimer's patients to have this also. When the sun sets their dementia is multiplied. They become extremely confused, argumentative and can lash out at people. They have no idea where they are or who sometimes or where they live. It occurs when the sun sets. IT is just another layer of despair for families who are battling dementia.

My mom "got loose" from her facility. She was gone for an hour. They didn't even know she was missing for 15 minutes. I can be very type A personality...and when I found out Mom had gotten loose (collecting frequent flier miles we called it) I informed her nurse of the day just exactly what she did wrong, why she would no longer be working with my mother, who I was going to tell, and just how angry I was. The only thing wrong with cell phones is that you can't slam them shut. I went to tell my hubby what had happened and he told me that he had heard every word. Guess I was a little loug.

I am glad that she was found. Perhaps they need to have locks put up on the top of the doorframes. People with dementia don't think to look up for locks. Or they can get an ankle monitor to notify them when she leaves....this is a scary situation, and will only get worse, I'm sad to say.
              Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

So glad to her that she is home safe.
                ~ Tracy

Comment

I am glad she is safe.
                  Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

So glad she is home safe.
                    Vonnie

Comment

So glad she is safe
                      sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                      X