My life these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My life these days

It has been way to long. I feel like I haven't stopped since Christmas. I have lived in Dr offices off one kind or other. Richard had his incision from last June opened up as it wasn't healing. We thought that at last we would see measurable progress. Nope! It still wouldn't heal. We got a wound vac put on this morning. He has responded well in the past to a wound vac so we are very hopeful. It will give me some relief as I have been putting him down for 2hrs in the middle of the day. My husband is scheduled to have his first knee replacement next Thursday. Goodness, I had no idea what went into that. He needs both done so this wife is going to be very happy when they are both done and he is fully recovered. In the midst of it all we are still trying to figure out my daughter's problem. Have another appointment for her this Tuesday.

I think I have shared some but couldn't remember how much. Sorry. Despite it all, I have been walking in the peace of God. God has been growing me leaps and bounds. The main thing I felt I needed to change in my life was determine to be kind to all I come in contact with. My heart has gone through such a change from that one thing.

Regardless how your new year has been going, I pray you are looking to the One that will wrap you in His love.
    Be blessed,
    Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Re: My life these days

Good to hear from you, Sandy! Thanks for the update. I'll be keeping you and your family in prayer.
    So happy to hear you are at peace in the midst of the storm... your words have encouraged me more than I can express.
    Blessings, dear quilty friend.
    ~ Sally \0/

Comment

((((Sandy))))
      I have been wondering how things were going there. It is amazing what you can do, go through, and endure when you walk with God.
      Bless you sweet friend. I think of you often and pray for you regularly. ~Sheri
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Thanks,Sandy and Sheri. Prayers are always welcome.
        Be blessed,
        Sandy

Comment

Sandy, I don't know how I missed this one last night! Have had you all in my prayers and am glad to hear an update. Each one of the health issues you are dealing with are difficult enough on their own, but all of them at once! You are one strong, caring person and faith will definitely help you through all of this. I sure hope and pray that once the knee replacements are completed that everyone else will be healed as well and you get some rest. Please take care of yourself during all of this as well, even if it is just 5 minutes by yourself petting your fabric - those momentary breaks from everything will help you continue to be the fantastic caregiver that you are. Hugs!
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

It is a good thing you have your faith to hold you up. You certainly have a great deal on your plate. You take care of your self and keep relying on your faith. I know when things get a bit much for me I rely on god and prayer. Thanks for keeping us updated. Gods Blessing to each of you.
            sigpic
            Hugs Ann

Comment

Sandy: Philippians4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"((((())))

Comment

Sandy, you have been on my mind and in my prayers. Good to hear from you. I will pray for your DH. I had one knee replaced in 2012 and it was not fun, I am sorry to say.

(((HUGS)))
                Donna

Comment

G
                  Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
                  Sandy, I don't know how I missed this one last night! Have had you all in my prayers and am glad to hear an update. Each one of the health issues you are dealing with are difficult enough on their own, but all of them at once! You are one strong, caring person and faith will definitely help you through all of this. I sure hope and pray that once the knee replacements are completed that everyone else will be healed as well and you get some rest. Please take care of yourself during all of this as well, even if it is just 5 minutes by yourself petting your fabric - those momentary breaks from everything will help you continue to be the fantastic caregiver that you are. Hugs!
                  Thanks for your words of encouragement. By rest,are you talking about the two hours I slept this afternoon? Lol I was so tired I think I crashed.
                  Be blessed,
                  Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by alliek View Post
                    Sandy: Philippians4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"((((())))
                    These were part of my devotion this morning. Thanks for bringing them to me again.
                    Be blessed,
                    Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                      Sandy, you have been on my mind and in my prayers. Good to hear from you. I will pray for your DH. I had one knee replaced in 2012 and it was not fun, I am sorry to say.

(((HUGS)))
                      I would be interested in knowing if the surgery was difficult because of the pain or if you had complications.
                      Be blessed,
                      Sandy

Comment

Angel thinking of you.jpg That things go better health wise for your family and you get yourself some rest.

Comment

You have been busy! Hope you will have some help when your husband has his knee surgery. Take care of yourself.

Comment

Sandy... Thanks for the update... You are truly in the midst of a storm.... I am so glad you have been blessed with a sense of peace....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Sandy, thank you for the update. I will be praying that the wound heal and surgery go smoothly. I have had a grandma that had knee surgery and several friends. Biggest thing they were told is to make sure to do their physical therapy and exercises. Around here if you have to have both knees done, they are done at the same time as to not favor one knee over the other when moving. One guy moved like he was at least 30 years younger after he got his done.
                              Please continue to update when you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X