SNOW DAY!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNOW DAY!!!!

So I got up got ready for work as usual. The phone rang at 5:40.
    Bus driver... "Hey you looked outside?"
    me.."Yea i put the dogs out at 5 why?"
    K... "Calvert is a solid sheet of ice!" My driveway is bad!!"
    me... "Not a flake here."
    So I take off at 6 to her house as noone had called off school yet.
    3/4 the way there ICE! OMG I don't drive on this stuff... but here I am.Keep in mind I live 18 miles from the driver.
    Get to her house and get on bus because yea you guessed it... school still hasn't been cancelled!!!
    Pull out of her drive(which is a steep hill down) slid to stop. OMG this is ugly!!
    Bus radio going nuts with people calling in to report road conditions.
    3 miles down the road... School cancelled!! oyyy I am so glad we hadn't picked up any kids.
    Turned around and slid home.
    Put on a big pot of Homemade vegetable beef soup. With the temp 20* outside this will be good. Probably get in my sewing room and mess around today. YAY
    4 day weekend here I come!!!!

What are you having for supper???
    Attached Files

Re: SNOW DAY!!!!

Glad you and the bus driver got back to your homes safely. 4 day weekend sounds like a good thing especially if you get snowed in. Not expecting snow here but you never know. I will check the weather this afternoon as tomorrow I'm supposed to lead a pillowcase sew In at a not so local quilt shop about 45 miles away from my home. If snow is forcast will cancel the sew in.

Hot veggie soup sounds good for dinner, maybe with some fresh baked bread and a salad. You got me drooling.

Comment

Hhhhooooorrrraaaayyy for snow days! Stay safe and enjoy your 4 days off!

Comment

As much as I'd like to have a nap for dinner, we are actually going out to have Mexican tonight!!!!
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Enjoy your l-o-n-g weekend Rhonda. I'm glad school was cancelled before you got any further with the bus. It was cancelled here by 5:30 this morning.
          *~* Myrna *~*
          *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
            Enjoy your l-o-n-g weekend Rhonda. I'm glad school was cancelled before you got any further with the bus. It was cancelled here by 5:30 this morning.
            I'm not sure why they stalled around to cancel. My driver called 30 minutes before we were to leave and told them it was bad at her house and they still waited til all the buses got rolling. There were several that already had kids on by the time they cancelled. Oh well I'm glad we have not a flake or drop of ice on this side of the county. I can take my machine into the LQS to see about getting it fixed.
            Dread that!!!!
            Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Comment

Enjoy your snow day!!! One day I had gotten all the way to school and was setting up for the day (we already had some kids at school), when school was finally called off. Then it was contacting parents, buses who already picked up children had to drop them back off. By the time I finally got home, it was a lot slicker then when I left home and it was slick then.

Not sure what we are having for supper but our lunch is meatloaf, green beans and mashed potatoes.

Comment

Working...
              X