• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Hello - it's Tuesday

A lovely good morning to y'all. Busy day planned, still some more things to do before the Mn. Martins visit.
    Gotta dash - have a great day

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Loonwatcher
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2011

Re: Hello - it's Tuesday

Morning All!

Blondie, hope your mom's appointment went well yesterday.

Taking DH for blood work then leaving him home on his own for a little while til son gets home. Busy trying to schedule appointments.

Haven't heard the weather report but right now it's in the 30's and sunny. Here's a visitor we had in our yard this morning.....gobble, gobble.

Have a great day.

;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• Blondie
      Missouri Star
      • May 2010

Mom's appt went not as expected, but, I think she will be fine. There was a lot of blood behind her left retina and so we will go and start with treatments in the early a.m. tomorrow. Weekly visits I think until they staunch the flow. She thought it was a cataract making her see colorful rings. Nope.

We get flocks of wild turkey. Love to see them in my yard.

Working outside for a bit this morning, felt good to be outside. I should have been doing something else but in the great scheme of things, I am needing some sunshine, fresh air and worry about my inside later. I have come to terms with the upcoming visit. LOL
      Sewing mends the soul.
      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• bakermom
        Missouri Star
        • Sep 2010

Nancy that is what my DH is hunting for right now(he was gone when I hurt my foot)If it goes like it usually does he won't see any now that turkey season is in!LOL
        Camping out at DD's for a couple days till DH gets back in town. foot still hurts but I think I'm mastering the crutches! Should get my "boot" put on Thurs. Dr. does't feel surgery will be needed.YEA!!
        I'm working on an afghan i started a few months ago and had other DD dig out some more yarn in case i need it.
        Had to get "my" day to care for my mom covered(siblings and i take turns making her supper and checking on her).
        Now to find a way to tell her I'm laid up without her sitting and stewing about it all day.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• Loonwatcher
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2011

Blondie, sorry about your mom's eye. Praying the weekly visits will do the job.

Bakermom, tell DH he needs to fill your freezer. Our season starts this coming weekend (I think). Sooooo.....how did you hurt your foot anyway. We want the whole story! Hope it feels better soon.
          ;)Nancy

Comment

• patticakes
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2009

Hi everyone!
            Sorry to hear about your Mom's eye issue Blondie. Hope they resolve it soon. Glad you got outside, fresh air is good for your soul I think. As far as the inside, I always do my best work under pressure, you'll get it done.
            Bakermom glad you have something to work on!
            Well....not gonna hang around long. Working on some Easter gifts to send to DGD and need to get them done!
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

• debinmalaga
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2009

Evening all! A looong day at work, just grabbed a quick bite, about to take Spike to the vet for his annual check up and shots, nails and meds. Bakermom, glad to hear you're making progress with your crutches and that you have something creative to do with your hands. Blondie, sorry to hear about Mom's eye problem :-(, best wishes for a quick treatment and recovery.

Had a bummer of a quilting day today... spent about a week working on a table runner for my boss, a Basket of Flowers but with 37 pinwheels instead of 37 charm squares. So a lot of fabric, and although the sewing is quick and easy, I put some hours over the weekend into the dratted pinwheels, trimming them down (they were all beyond wonky). Everything I touched went wrong on this project, but I ended up with a top with all the pinwheels going the right way - yay. Then, after quilting it in diagonal ivy fancy stitches, I scorched a spot on the top. I hoped the slight brown patch would just wash out so I went ahead and washed it - the fabric I'd scorched fell apart in the wash, splitting and tearing! The runner is ruined and so was my mood, I'll admit. Thanks for letting me vent here, quilty buds.
              There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

• Loonwatcher
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2011

Yikes Deb! What a nightmare. Can you salvage some of it and just replace the scorched part? Good luck!
                ;)Nancy

Comment

• SuzyQue
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2010

Oh, Deb! I am so sorry about your table runner! What a horrible thing to happen after so many hours of work! Wish I had a miracle fix for you! I think we all have those days when nothing goes right..............but that doesn't help a bit! SuzyQue

Comment

• toggpine
                    Missouri Star
                    • Aug 2009

Deb, applique a flower, a ladybug, or another pinwheel over the top. Make it dark enough that the other patterned fabric won't show through, and nobody will know the difference! Call it a "design element"!

Blondie, I hope your mom's treatments help. Bakermom, take it easy until you get your boot fit!

I think we are having scrambled eggs and fried potatoes with bacon and a onions for supper. The hens are laying well and we think one is sitting on a clutch. We may have chicks this year after all! Mmmm! Fresh chickens in the freezer, 'cause two roosters is one more than we need. I shouldn't count them until they hatch though!

Back to cutting fabric!

Take care! Cathy
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• MaryB
                      The Guild President
                      • Apr 2011

So sorry to read about your disaster, Deb. Bet you cried! What a grat idea, Cathy. Can you make it work, Deb?

Mary B.

Comment

• patticakes
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2009

Evening all,
                        Deb how very bummed I would be after all that work. So sorry :-(!
                        Hope you can salvage it for yourself to use with some creative patching.

The weather was so cold & rainy this morning then thunderstorms this evening. BF & I spent all day in our comfy sweats & watched tv. He took a long nap and I spent the afternoon finishing up the sewing projects for Easter. Gonna relax this evening!
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

• bakermom
                          Missouri Star
                          • Sep 2010

That would be so disappointing Deb. Can you hide it with applique or some embroidery?
                          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

• janluna
                            Missouri Star
                            • Oct 2009

Hello, I leave for one day and you all get holy H*** breaking loose! I'm praying for everyone who has medical problems and Deb I'm really sorry for you troubles. I guess I have to hang around and keep you guys in line. LOL Report on Emily: she is just under normal with her blood levels and has 2 more meds to be weaned off of. This drop may happen again after each med goes. Then we pray like crazy that she goes to normal on her own. Thank you for prayers being said for both my grandchildren. One of Morgans bones are beginning to fuse. Now we just have to work on his right leg. I will be in prayer for everyones DH's, Mom's, Kids,Sister, Brothers, and you yourself. Love you all, Jan
                            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

• mamaquilt
                              Missouri Star
                              • Dec 2010

Deb- it is always good to vent! Vent as much as you're able to on this forum.
                              Because most of us have had similar problems and we understand that kind of frustration. Once that passed, get up and do it over again!!!!!! Keep my fingers crossed it'll work out.
                              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Working...
                              X