• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bkthomas
    replied
    Re: A big thank you to all!

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
    I meant "only" chair...sorry
    That's OK Sandy......I thought you meant easy chair.....

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

I meant "only" chair...sorry

Leave a comment:

• BellasQuilts
    replied

GO TO THE RETREAT! You are very lucky to have wonderful memories of Earl; what a blessing that he is all around you.

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

I think you should go on the retreat too. The thing about the grief process is that it is something we "go through" and while it can be quite rough, we need to go through, not allowing ourselves to get stuck in any one phase of the process. Having things to do, with people who we want to be around is so healthy for us during grief.

I read a book, "Will I Ever Be Whole Again".... I've read it twice, and started it a 3rd time. She is an amazing example of someone who understand grief and the "going through" process to the other side. There is healing on the other side, there is life. We just have to make sure we don't get stuck before we get there.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

{{{{Sandy}}}} Thank you for the update. I've been praying for you and wondering how you have been doing. Please do go to the retreat. I am thankful that your children are able to be there and help you.

Leave a comment:

• alliek
    replied

Sandy, our hearts are grieving with yours. I wish I had the magic words to take away your pain, just know we care and are praying for the peace of heart and mind for you and your family. One of my favorite verses to "hang"on too is Isaiah 41:10"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand". ((((())))

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

(((Sandy)))... I hope you will go to the quilting retreat, and allow yourself to be embraced by your friends. Please be gentle with yourself.
    Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Leave a comment:

• Wwena
    replied

Biggest of hugs Sandy. I'm happy in all this sadness that you have such great support. Take advantage!

Leave a comment:

• Cat n bull
    replied

Still thinking of you and grieving for your loss. I am just so sorry.

I think the retreat is a nice gesture, and if you are ready, GO. Have fun.

Wish there were words that would take all the pain away. {{hugs}}

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

Sandy....You are in thought and prayer, sweetie! Just remember you have a wonderful support team and what we would give to enfold you and life you up. I would say, go to the retreat and remember the fond memories that will encourage you to be who you are!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Sandy....You've been on my mind and heart constantly the last week. I think the retreat would be a wonderful baby step for you. There are going to be a lot of firsts...take them one at a time and you will be fine. You're blessed to have a wonderful family and friends...lean on them now. My prayers continue for you....Hugs, Barb

Leave a comment:

• IBake
    replied

Sandy, you are such an amazing person. You are already taking the first steps in your life that is to be. Know that Earl could leave you because of all the love and care he had wrapped the house in...that and he knew you would be able to move slowly forward. Know that he is still by your side and you will feel the whisper kisses of his soul as it passes by you.

Try the retreat and make something to honor Earl...what a great treat.....you are in my prayers...

Leave a comment:

• Miss Sheri
    replied

(((((((Sandy))))))) We love you dear.

I found that doing normal tasks each day was therapeutic for me when my son died. It felt important to me to take time to really 'feel' each emotion and let it play out, then when I felt I had had enough, I could let go of that emotion. It takes time, and for each one of us our needs for grieving are different. I found solace when I got busy finding things to do for others. I volunteered, was watchful for service opportunities, and let myself spend time with friends and family. But it took time to get to that point. Gradually, the pain does ease and life will continue, and there will be joy again.

You are dearly loved Sandy, and you are in our kindest thoughts and heartfelt prayers.
    with love, Sheri

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

Sandy, it's good to hear from you. There will be many ups and downs in the days ahead but we're here for you whenever you need/want to talk, rant, or whatever. If you feel up to it, then the retreat could be a good distraction for you. Your friends will be there for you too. Prayers continue for you.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Glad your keeping in touch, and I would go to the retreat if your up to it. It will help keep you occupied. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X