Blowing off steam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blowing off steam!

September 6 - So excited to be ordering two La-z-boy hunter green leather recliners - special order. Due to arrive October 13. Yay! Plenty of time before company arrives for Christmas. They finally arrive Jan. 11 (4 months late)!!! Worst upholstery job I have ever seen. I'm supposed to be heading to the Netherlands fairly soon. They won't refund my money and take back the chairs according to their written policy for special orders. Now I'm faced with my daughter dealing with the chairs. She's 23. Not exactly experienced with poor customer service. I told the gal at corporate headquarters to write up a letter stating that my daughter will sign off on the reupholstered chairs but when I return to the states, if I'm still dissatisfied with the chairs they will come out again and fix them until I'm happy. I told the girl they need to make me happy especially after leaving me hanging for 4 months and then sending out what you'll see in the photos. I don't know what else to do. My husband says there is a consumer protection law in California, but how does one even deal with that? I thought I'd show you pics of the chair that I mistakenly signed off on before noticing all the flaws - don't ask how that happened. This chair is currently in my house and the other one I refused and is at the distribution center. This is La-z-boy!!!! They've been around for as long as I can remember. How did these chairs leave the site looking this way? I'm assuming they were under pressure since the delivery date had come and gone. Maybe they figured I'm too stupid to notice??? First time purchasing with them. So, what do you think the odds are that I'll buy from them again? I'd say zero to none!!! IMG_2555.jpgIMG_2554.jpgIMG_2556.jpgIMG_2557.jpgIMG_2558.jpg
    Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; January 15, 2014, 05:35 PM.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: Blowing off steam!

Well, my parents have all Lazy boy leather but no problems at all. So sorry you had trouble. Most often you are able to escalate up to the top of the food chain. I bet someone wants to make sure they send out a great product.

Good luck.
    :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

That's a pretty crappy job! Looks like they didn't warm the leather to stretch it a bit when upholstering. I certainly would not accept it. I don't think you can say the brand is bad...but there custom order upholsterer is!!
      Mary
      SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Contact your local Better Business Bureau. They actually have some clout and should be able to help you.

In situations like this I always fall back to my standard...."I know that I am just one small customer for you. But I have access to the internet and am not afraid of telling people about the shoddy service I recieved. I also subscribe to ___________(local paper), and am willing to take out an ad to tell people about the poor workmanship and even poorer customer service." In todays world, one bad voice can cause alot of bad publicity for a company..... been there, done that.

I am appalled that they even shipped these.....you should have some sort of compensation for the late delivery and poor workmanship.....<<<shaking head>>>>. But I do love the nailhead trim. Good luck and keep us posted.
        Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Had I known you wanted green Lazyboy recliners, I'd have sold you two of the four I just sold to niece! They were brand new and she got a screaming deal!

But yes, they need to fix that, absolutely unacceptable.
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Go to their FB page and leave a comment with pictures. I did this at Frigidaire on Memorial Weekend, thinking I wouldn't hear anything until Tuesday. Got a response on FB within 24 hrs with a contact email address from a customer rep. Within 10 days I had a replacement part at no cost/no shipping. Hopefully they will care what you post!!
            sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Wow, Rebecca, I've had La-Z-Boy in my home for most of my married/ widowed years! ( 50, this year!) Always had a great product! This is horribe! And I know you didn't give chump change for leather, either! What a shame! Hope you can get this resolved to your satisfaction!

Hey, we miss you on the forum, with all your beautiful quilting projects!

Comment

For sure contact your state attorney general's office. We had to deal with a business that was giving us the run around. Once the attorney general's office got involved, things got solved quickly.

Comment

Working...
                X