Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need quilting unrelated help please! Win an Amazon or fabric gift coupon 30$ worth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea F
    replied
    Re: Need quilting unrelated help please! Win an Amazon or fabric gift coupon 30$ worth.

Originally posted by madampolo View Post
    I took it again and got completely different questions. The only thing I did differently was this time I didn't put in a code for my partner to use since I know my husband wouldn't take the survey. In any case, I didn't have the problem I had before, and I finished the survey.
    Thank you so much for trying again, Joyce!

The questions are all the same but they are presented in two different orders to be able to control for order effects later. Each participant is randomly assigned to one of the versions. Sorry if this did cause any irritation!

Leave a comment:

• madampolo
    replied
    Re: Need quilting unrelated help please! Win an Amazon or fabric gift coupon 30$ worth.

I tried to take the survey but got to a page that wouldn't let me scroll down to answer the last question on the page and go forward, so I had to back out.
    I took it again and got completely different questions. The only thing I did differently was this time I didn't put in a code for my partner to use since I know my husband wouldn't take the survey. In any case, I didn't have the problem I had before, and I finished the survey.

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Originally posted by Lilbitsofthread View Post
    Just finished! The questionnaire really made me think. 26 years, and we're still going strong!
    Michelle, thank you! I am happy to hear that

My DH and I are together for almost 25 years and we do, too. Since I started engaging in this field of research three years ago I have also been thinking a lot and have changed my way of communicating and interacting to the positive. At least I believe so.

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Michelle and mommadeb, thank you so much for taking the survey. You are a big help!

Mommadeb, that's very thoughtful. You are right, that wouldn't provide fair and independent answers. If both partners/spouses answer to the questions it only makes sense if they are able to do it independently from each other and discuss the questions after participating.

Leave a comment:

• mommadeb
    replied

I was able to complete it for you. My husband probably will not as he has glaucoma and I would have to read and explain the questions to him. I don't think you would get 'fair' answers from him that way.
    Last edited by mommadeb; January 18, 2014, 06:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

I tried to take the survey but got to a page that wouldn't let me scroll down to answer the last question on the page and go forward, so I had to back out.
    Thank you very much for helping me! I just sent you a PM to ask where this problem was. Never had this happen before but I hope I can fix it if there is a bug in it.

Leave a comment:

• madampolo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lilbitsofthread
    replied

Just finished! The questionnaire really made me think. 26 years, and we're still going strong!

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Originally posted by SallyO'Sews View Post
    Done - please let us know what your conclusions are after you analyze all the data!
    Thank you very much, Sally!

I will let you know but it will take quite a bit of time until they are analyzed thoroughly. I am going to try to get at least some core analysis done very quickly. Yesterday, I have been asked to do a poster presentation at a congress our university hosts in september and the deadline for submitting abstracts is Jan, 30th.

I am so excited, I am up to 57 participants now thanks to all your help and I am so thankful for each one of you! You guys have almost doubled my data set in only two days! Thank you all so much!

Still need some more, please!

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Done - please let us know what your conclusions are after you analyze all the data!

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Originally posted by MarianneK View Post
    Took the survey. Gosh darn, it was long!
    I know, thank you very much for hanging on, Marianne!

Leave a comment:

• MarianneK
    replied

Took the survey. Gosh darn, it was long!

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Originally posted by HandsomeRyan View Post
    Thanks! She started the school thing before we started the baby thing but I think she can make it all work.

We're actually participating in another persons PhD study on nurse-patient interactions as they relate to new (first time) mothers. I think that one just involves a couple face-to-face interviews with the lady. She is doing research on how nurses can positively effect the confidence of new moms. Interesting stuff.
    I'm sure you will help her make it all work! That sounds interesting. Is the research related to giving birth or building up confidence for the whole "how to handle the new baby" process?

A friend of mine does some research on how strain and stress on mothers (during pregnancy and when the baby is born) influences the mother-child-relationship. Also very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeRyan
    replied

Originally posted by Andrea F View Post
    Thank you so much Ryan!

A baby and a PhD at the same time - that is a LOT on her plate. And on yours. Please, send her my best wishes and good luck with the PhD and the little man for both of you
    Thanks! She started the school thing before we started the baby thing but I think she can make it all work.

We're actually participating in another persons PhD study on nurse-patient interactions as they relate to new (first time) mothers. I think that one just involves a couple face-to-face interviews with the lady. She is doing research on how nurses can positively effect the confidence of new moms. Interesting stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

Originally posted by HandsomeRyan View Post
    I completed the survey. Good luck with your schooling. My wife is working on her PhD too. Luckily she is using cow data (she is a dairy geneticist) so her raw data is a little easier to come by.
    Thank you so much Ryan!

A baby and a PhD at the same time - that is a LOT on her plate. And on yours. Please, send her my best wishes and good luck with the PhD and the little man for both of you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X