Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need quilting unrelated help please! Win an Amazon or fabric gift coupon 30$ worth.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need quilting unrelated help please! Win an Amazon or fabric gift coupon 30$ worth.

Hello to you all,

I desperately need some help with my dissertation project, please. Most likely only very few of you know that I am trying to earn a PhD degree. In order to do so I need to do a research project. Mine is about romantic relationships and certain personality characteristics and attitudes that might contribute to it.

I teamed up with a graduate student for her master thesis. Her mother is Irish, she has relatives all around the world and she spent the last six months in Australia. That, and the fact that all questionnaires we use in our research were originally invented in English (mostly in the US), led us to the thought that it could be interesting to investigate if there are differences between German speaking people and English speaking people.

My friend wanted to spread the questionnaire within her family and in Australia whereas I mostly distributed the German survey. Unfortunately, our plan did not work so well. We have severe problems to find native English speakers who want to take our survey. We need at least 100 participants (the more the better) and only 35 persons decided to fill in the questionnaire in the last six months.

I’d like to ask you for help, please! If you are in a close relationship (married or dating) for at least three months and have 20-30 minutes time, could you please help us? Also, it would be great (but it isn’t necessary) if your spouse/partner could take the survey too.

The survey is completely anonymous. When I download the data file it is a huge table with lots of variable names and figures. However, we are giving away six Amazon gift coupons, three with a value of 25 Euros for the German speaking sample and three with the according value in any needed currency (circa 30$, 20GBP, …). At the end of the survey you have to provide us with your email address if you want to be part of the drawing. The email addresses will be stored independently from the actual data to maintain anonymity!

Since I am going to pay for the coupons myself, I am going to contact every winner first and ask what kind of coupon they would like – perhaps somebody might rather have a voucher for fabric.

We are interested in a person’s opinions and attitudes. There is no right or wrong answer to the questions!
    Please, send me a PM or contact me under [email protected] if you have any questions or need some further information.

This is the Link to the survey: http://www.unipark.de/uc/personality...relationships/

A huge thank you to everybody!

Andrea

Re: Need quilting unrelated help please! Win an Amazon or fabric gift coupon 30$ worth.

Andrea, I started doing your questionnaire but found that so many of the questions were not applicable. Sorry, I just can't help you by making up answers that are not relevant to my relationship.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Re: Need quilting unrelated help please! Win an Amazon or fabric gift coupon 30$ worth.

Sorry, but most items have no relevance to my relationship. I don't feel I can give accurate answers.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I filled it out for you. For the questions that really didn't apply to my relationship, I just picked neutral, or right in the middle answers.
        Cathryn

Comment

Thank you so much for helping me and trying to help me! I appreciate it a lot and I am very thankful for each of you!

A lot of those questions do not apply directly to our relationships but to certain characteristics of our own personality, they are related to how we feel or react in some situations or think about our close relationships more in general. And a smaller part of the survey "belongs" to my colleague and is not so much related to romantic relationships but to life in general.

I will be happy to explain more and give you more detailed information in a few days. I am afraid to bias any responses if I tell you now and here.

Comment

I tired to help out but it only brings up a page explaining what your going. I didn't see any questions. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong.
            ~ Tracy

Comment

I too got bogged down with the questions and their relevancy to my situation. So I stopped mid way. Sorry I couldn't be of more help..
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

I clicked the link but did not see any questions to answer sorry I must have missed something.
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Took the survey
                  Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Took the survey - good luck and I hope you get enough to complete your work.

For those who couldn't get to the questions... You need to click on the box at the bottom of the screen and continue to click it to move to the next screen.

It looks like this... Capture.GIF
                    Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Took the survey.

Comment

done

Some odd questions though.

Still one never knows why these questions are asked, one just trusts eh?
                        Blog
                        http://divinedaisydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

You all are amazing! 11 of you already helped me in less than a day and I am up to 46 now! Thank you so much! And I still need more

Thank you Ginny, that is exactly right. The box at the bottom of the page says "Weiter" which means "go on" . It's the German default setting for the buttons of the survey software. I changed the language for the whole project to English but somehow I can't change the buttons. I am sorry!

Originally posted by GinnyKNC View Post
                          Took the survey - good luck and I hope you get enough to complete your work.

For those who couldn't get to the questions... You need to click on the box at the bottom of the screen and continue to click it to move to the next screen.

It looks like this... [ATTACH=CONFIG]65749[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Daisy View Post
                            done

Some odd questions though.

Still one never knows why these questions are asked, one just trusts eh?
                            I know that there are more than a few questions that seem to be completely unrelated to relationships. I promise I will explain it to you in a few days! Thank you for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Judy View Post
                              I too got bogged down with the questions and their relevancy to my situation. So I stopped mid way. Sorry I couldn't be of more help..
                              Thank you for trying, Judy!

I will explain the relevance in a few days because I don't want to influence anyone's responses.

Comment

Working...
                              X