Any Other Lumosity Trainers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Other Lumosity Trainers?

I was just wondering if any of you do the brain training on Lumosity. I started about 9 months ago playing the free section and bought the whole program a month or so later. I train every day and feel I have made significant progress. I would like to prevent cognitive decline and my doctor said there really is something to neuroscience and brain training. Just wondering....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: Any Other Lumosity Trainers?

I've used the free Lumosity training. I like it. I also play some online games.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I haven't done that site, but last night on Dianne Sawyer's channel, she reported that some of the mental training does help...and can help years later. Gains of 'brain training' for elderly seen 10 years later - ABC FOX MONTANA NEWS, WEATHER, SPORTS - KTMF/KWYB

Interestingly enough, when I was looking for that link, I saw contradictory information. Those didn't specifically mention the seniors though.

Comment

My brain index has increased quite a bit. I feel that since I don't work anymore and concentrate the way I used to it might help. I'm in the 99 percentile for my age group. I hit a certain point and I go up and down and around it for a while and then I seem to have a 'breakthrough' and progress some more. I look forward to training every day. My family doctor attended a seminar on brain training and she said there is concrete evidence that it's beneficial.

If anyone is interested in trying Lumosity, there is a free section that you can play indefinitely with no further obligation. Brain Games & Brain Training - Lumosity.
        Last edited by Bubby; January 15, 2014, 02:02 PM.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I've played with it in the free section, but stopped for some reason. I love puzzle games, and play Sudoku all the time on my phone.

Comment

My mom always worked crossword puzzles...and not the easy ones. She said it helped keep her brain active. Her mind was still pretty sharp when she passed away at the age of 86.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Barb, I started it the other day but after my first round found they wanted money to continue so unsubscribed. I thought the freebie should have lasted longer than a few questions. Guess I was just too smart for them ;-)
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

My huisband's grandmother was playing bridge 3 times a week and bingo two times a week...she dropped one of her bridge games. She gave up teaching the exercise class for the seniors when she was 90. She was 102.5 when she passed and she was the most interesting intelligent woman I have ever met. She was always interested in learning new things and I taught her how to do kegal exercises when she was in her 80s. She came to visit us once (hubby was AF and we moved 8 times in 15 years). I found this very proper lady down on the floor with my two sons...........she was teaching them poker!
                Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Sandy, That must be something new because I played the free section for several months before I decided to buy the whole program. They always offered me a deal to buy it, but it wasn't a requirement to continue. It's so worth the small investment.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Sandy, the same thing happened to me. They "set up" a training program....only to tell me pay up!
                    Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Same thing just happen to me.
                      sigpic
                      Hugs Ann

Comment

That's really unfortunate because it's a terrific program.

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

"Bubby" Yes I do, I try to do the training every day, but sometimes I lapse. As far as paying up, I could go further if I wanted to and pay for it, (more games and training), however, I play for free about three 'games" a day and have been doing this for quite awhile. I enjoy it and I agree, I think it helps with cognizant abilities. Really a great site.

Comment

I've not tried this, but I heard yesterday that coffee improves your memory. That may be why I can remember every word of every "conversation" I have ever had with my daughters. My name is Peggy M, and I am a coffeeholic.
                            My friends call me Peggy
                            The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

Comment

Originally posted by alliek View Post
                              "Bubby" Yes I do, I try to do the training every day, but sometimes I lapse. As far as paying up, I could go further if I wanted to and pay for it, (more games and training), however, I play for free about three 'games" a day and have been doing this for quite awhile. I enjoy it and I agree, I think it helps with cognizant abilities. Really a great site.
                              I tried it...but it doesn't let me do anything free...says I have to unlock it.....for $$
                              Mary
                              SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X