Yes, yes, yes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, yes, yes

I'm so glad. I was able to cut 5 jeans to make rag quilts for 3 of our "grand dogs." Although my wrist hurts a little now, I'm so glad I can cut again with my hand and I'm looking forward to make those quilts tomorrow. Maybe not finish them, but get them sewed.

I'll post them once they're finished.

greetings from Luxembourg.
    sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Re: Yes, yes, yes

Can't wait to see them! Hope your wrist feels better soon. It's hard to stop once you are on a roll!!!

Comment

Good for you mamaquilt! The jeans take the longest time don't they? I got a huge blister on the inside of my thumb when I did all the snipping around the squares. Do you have some of those spring-loaded scissors?
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Yeah for you!!! I got a blister with just doing flannel and you are going for the tough denim - know it will look great!

Comment

Yes, Yes, YES! but don't overdue - remember your wrist!~
          I purchased a pair of rag scissors. Really helps with the tough stuff. I used my rotary cutter as much as possible through the tough stuff.
          Sewing mends the soul.
          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

YAY! Can't wait to see the quilt when it's done. Take it easy on your wrist though.
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

glad your wrist is working again. Looking forward to seeing this quilt.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Hey hey hey sounds like you are doing great!!! Good for you!! You go girl!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all your encouragement. But have to make a pause right now, as it hurts. So I'll go for a long walk with my husband.It's a lovely spring day and that will do us good too. Take the camera along, so I might post some pics tonight, if they turn out good.

By the way don't have a blister yet, but all the denims are cut out as well as all the tops. Have sewn 8 squares. Rest will follow tomorrow after the therapy.

Michèle

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                    Yes, Yes, YES! but don't overdue - remember your wrist!~
                    I purchased a pair of rag scissors. Really helps with the tough stuff. I used my rotary cutter as much as possible through the tough stuff.
                    Used the rotary cutter too. I don't have rag scissors, but I do have a husband with some spair time hahahaha

Michèle

Comment

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
                      Good for you mamaquilt! The jeans take the longest time don't they? I got a huge blister on the inside of my thumb when I did all the snipping around the squares. Do you have some of those spring-loaded scissors?
                      Cutting up the jeans went ok, yesterday. Hurts a bit now. Those spring loaded scissors are they the rag scissors Blondie talked about? I don't have any special scissors, but as I told Blondie, I have a husband with some spare time!!!

Michèle

Comment

Good idea, putting the hubby to work!
                        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
                        X