X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simply Quilting
    replied
    Re: Wednesday Greetings

Hi everyone. I had the rule in our house that each person had their own white style of socks. Then the grandmas decided that everyone needed fun socks so matching and sorting now takes longer as well as the where is the mate at challenge. Thankfully, I have three children who are old enough to do the sorting and putting away.

It is still cold here but not nearly as bad as yesterday. Thankful for that because I have to get out a couple of times today.

Game plan of the afternoon - putting the new pad on the ironing board. Then I am hoping to start pressing, cutting and sewing the disappearing 9 patch blocks today.

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied

Hello everyone!
    I always lose a sock or two when I'm doing laundry...I don't know why but it happens. Sometimes they come back and sometimes they just stay gone forever.
    My youngest daughter used to wear mismatched socks when she was little. She was a Punky Brewster fan so it was the thing to do..LOL
    Well, I'm off to Joann's today to get some muslin and poly fil to make some pillow forms. Making pillows with sweaters for a friend whose father passed away. Made her some pillows out of his shirts, now she wants some out of his sweaters. With the price of pillow forms, I figured I'd make them myself....why are they so expensive?
    Donna, I hope your toothache gets better soon...nothing worse.
    Barb, get some rest
    Well, hope all of you have a wonderful day doing what makes you happy.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Good Morning!

May you all have a chance to play with some fabric today!

Leave a comment:

• GinnyKNC
    replied

Good Morning! Yes a bit nippy it is. Do you all remember tube socks lol. People would actually wear them with shorts and it was so funny if they had different colors on. Having a DH and two sons, I vowed never to buy those. All WHITE socks for daily use including my own. No worries about matching socks lol. Now a days mine are the diabetic socks which are awesome for me, and again all white. Now of course for dress up days (not too many of those thank goodness) there are the occasional colored socks. I must have had very nice washing machines in my life (including the one wringer washer lol) because I've never had them eat my socks. Now I've found socks in my boys rooms when they should have been in the hamper! I think they even have a mis-match day at school here.

Shirley I can't wait to see the quilt! You always have such beautiful quilts. Donna - I hope your throbbing toothache and headache go away soon.

I'm looking forward to Friday as I get to watch my Maddie for a few hours! I haven't seen her in three days and I'm itching to get my mitts on her

Prayers to those in need and hugs to all ~ Happy Quilting

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Good morning. That is all.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyMtnLady
    replied

Good morning. I woke up with a throbbing toothache in a molar and a headache to go with it. Not feeling all that perky. Think it might be coffee and back to the pillow for a while.

Hugs and prayers to all.

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

Blondie, I have got to show my youngest DD this. She wears mismatched socks on purpose. It started with a friend in school and they all started doing it. Drives me nuts. Socks? Only wear them to work and I only buy one kind. They are all the same - no matching. I put them in a mesh bag hanging in my closet when I take them off and once a week throw them in with a load of clothes or towels that are getting bleached. Dry them, dump them in the drawer. Repeat. Simple as that! And I better not catch anyone else wearing them. Period. Okay - enough with that rant - can you tell the bazillion socks that are overrunning this house are a big pet peeve of mine? Between the two girls and my sister, they are making me insane with socks! Hundreds and hundreds of socks - and I am NOT exaggerating!

Okay, off to pick up some flooring and take to the new house so that it can "acclimate" and be ready for installation tomorrow. Handyman will replace the windows, drop the a/c duct and spray paint the ceiling and walls of my quilting room and DD's bedroom this afternoon and then do the floors tomorrow. Slowly but surely.

Glad to hear your good news, Bubby!

Hope everyone has a Blessed day - stay warm!

Leave a comment:

• Doloris
    replied

Originally posted by buckeyequilter View Post
    Good morning....

The snowflakes are flying this morning, I sure hope we don't get a lot. I didn't get to finish watching the weather forecast...work beckons.

Grrrrr...the quilt that I was making for my sister is now going to be a memory quilt for her daughter. Anyways, the last half of the quilt is giving me fits. I have had to do more ripping and rearranging of the blocks than any other quilt I've made. I put the last row on and then was doing the row that finishes up the bottom and noticed that 1/2 the blocks are wrong....tonight I will take the last row off and fix those blocks. Then I am going to hang that thing up and leave it for a day or so...and take a look at it everytime I walk past to see if there is anything that needs fixed.

Well I need to get busy...have a wondeful day! Prayers and hugs
    Shirley, take a picture of the quilt after you hang it up, I always can see mistakes in a picture before I can in the actual quilt.

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

Good morning! I have a drawer of "cleaning socks". They are the widows and widowers of socks eaten by the sock monster. Sometimes I can play matchmaker and a new marriage of socks takes place since DH's work socks are all alike.

It's a gloomy, cold day here with rain and snow showers, but we're all well as far as I know so that's a good thing for today! Happy hump day!

Leave a comment:

• Mpyles
    replied

Good morning!!

Haha blondie! That so brings my dd to my mind and heart! She has never worn matching socks...says why waste the time! Lol!

I made it through my serve safe class and test yesterday, yikes! What a long day! Went to dinner with DH, DS, and gf to one of our favorite haunts. It was good! Worked on some FSL - and need barbs input in how to keep the stabilizer from ripping...... . Tried twice to make a book mark and jammed up my machine twice and broke one needle...

It's off to work today...probably my hardest day this week...my 3 best managers all got scheduled in the serv safe class today. Plus my sandwich maker.....gonna be interesting at the restaurant today......

Hope tonight brings me a relaxing night of creative time...

Everyone have a great day!!

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

Good morning....

The snowflakes are flying this morning, I sure hope we don't get a lot. I didn't get to finish watching the weather forecast...work beckons.

Grrrrr...the quilt that I was making for my sister is now going to be a memory quilt for her daughter. Anyways, the last half of the quilt is giving me fits. I have had to do more ripping and rearranging of the blocks than any other quilt I've made. I put the last row on and then was doing the row that finishes up the bottom and noticed that 1/2 the blocks are wrong....tonight I will take the last row off and fix those blocks. Then I am going to hang that thing up and leave it for a day or so...and take a look at it everytime I walk past to see if there is anything that needs fixed.

Well I need to get busy...have a wondeful day! Prayers and hugs

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Morning Everyone,

I feel like I could sleep all day and I may just do that!

I thought the shoe/sock post of Ryan's yesterday was fun. I love your socky story, Blondie.

I hope everyone has a great day. I need to eat and get Jeff off to work. Will check in later.

Hugs, Barb

Leave a comment:

• Jeannie acton
    replied

I was working in Germany and had a terrible back ache after a couple of days....at the end of the week when I was packing to go home I noticed I had been wearing not odd socks but odd boots. One had a seam up the middle and one did not...also different size heels. Did not take me too long to work out why my avi axhed! Lol both were black and that was my excuse.

Leave a comment:

• Nidan_07
    replied

Ha Ha.....socks!!!! I actually have a real life, living, breathing 'sock monster; in my washing machine. I really do. He is forever feasting on a sock here, and a sock there. Never in his wildest dreams would he ever actually eat a pair....not likely. One of a pair only.
    If I ever catch him.......

I am winding down now, watching the Australian Open Tennis, and getting very sleepy.

Hope you all have a great day. Best wishes and positive thoughts to those who need them.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    started a topic Wednesday Greetings

Wednesday Greetings

Happy Wednesday Folksies!!
    It seems as if the deep freeze door has been opened once again this morning. Brrrrr. After a two day hiatus, I was kind of hoping that the ground hog would have been out of a job this year. Le Sigh, never trust your thoughts but always trust your bones. My bones and joints are the only forecaster needed on The Hill. Again, brrrr.

Socks. We here on the forum were just driven by socks yesterday and the way in which we put them on. Thank you Ryan for a fun fun thread. When I saw the above, I thought of you. Really I did. I am not color blind. Not at all. But I have on many occasions worn socks that don't match. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes not so purposefully. I have also done that with shoes that are close enough in feel to slip into. That is much easier to detect after a step or two; one shoe will feel clunkier than the other or something like that. And of course, there is the case of the missing sock that the poor washer machine always seems to eat without too much indigestion. I found one of those missing socks the other morning as I was dressing. It had been missing since before Christmas and it was my husband's favorite pair of socks. How can anyone have a favorite pair of socks? They were his one remaining pair without runs/holes in them. I declare his feet are more like hooves, he is sure rough on socks. So, last week on a brisk cold morning as I pulled a sweatshirt on, there was the errant sock hanging out of the collar like a neck tie. How happy I was to proffer the sock to The Man. I even giggled and as I was handing it to him said Sock It To Me Baby. Gosh, back in the day Laugh In was considered borderline racy and cutting edge. How mild compared to today's television line up and language.

I am thinking I need to get a fresh cuppa coffee.

I am happy to see that our May is back with us, that Bubby's biopsies were absolutely terrific news. And hubby is happy to have one pair of socks that match.

Prayers, happy thoughts and blessings for each here. Smile.

Working...
X