What kind of bread do you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of bread do you buy?

This is a very random question. lol I was cleaning out my freezer and had to throw a bunch of bread out. I'm going to give it to the chickens.

I find I buy whole wheat bread and never eat it. I like Artisian, but it goes stale before I can finish it. I love English muffins and tried the whole wheat. blah. And I like raisen bread and that never get's wasted.

So tomorrow I'm going to make Focaccia bread with kalamata olives and rosemary. I'm going to food saver it. lol

Do you make your bread, stay away from it? I'm having a love/hate thing with bread right now. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Re: What kind of bread do you buy?

I've never made Focaccia bread -- but sure want to try it . . besides my butt - my hubby loves homemade bread

added note --- I don't care for whole wheat english muffin either . . YUK!! . .

have you seen the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich maker? -- Love Love Love it -- just wish there was a double sandwish maker -- I could do 2 sandwichs at a time on Sunday mornings
    Last edited by CountryHut; January 14, 2014, 09:43 PM.
    2015 is here
    Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

I love homemade whole wheat bread, but rarely take time to make it. My family wants a good quality white bread, around here it's Grandma Sycamore brand or nothing. I usually buy 4 loaves of white and 1 loaf of wheat each week.
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Originally posted by CountryHut View Post
        I've never made Focaccia bread -- but sure want to try it . . besides my butt - my hubby loves homemade bread
        It's the easiest one to make! It goes in a sheet pan. Fun to make too! I'll put it down in recipes
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I watched Noreen's Kitchen on You Tube -- super easy --

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          It's the easiest one to make! It goes in a sheet pan. Fun to make too! I'll put it down in recipes
          2015 is here
          Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

I love all kinds of breads, except rye...YUK... and my favorites are homemade.
            TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Love home made bread. Focaccia bread is one of my faves!
              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

have you considered making a bread pudding or french toast casserole instead of throwing it away?
                :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I LOVE bread! My whole family does. I love homemade bread but don't make it very often. I like white, wheat, rye, pumpernickel, especially toasted. I don't think I've had a bread that I don't like..LOL
                  Funny story...when my hubby and I were first together, we went out to dinner with my three kids and their significant others. The waitress came over and brought two baskets of bread because we were a big group. As soon as they hit the table, my kids and myself went for it. My hubby and the others looked at us like we were nuts. Now when we go out, hubby doesn't even try to get a piece until we all have ours. Oh, love the honey wheat that you get at some restaurants, fresh out of the oven that you cut yourself with the honey butter to go on it! Yummmmmm
                  Cil
                  A quilt is a blanket of love
                  http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                  http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

I normally buy potato bread. It's the one bread that I've been able to get hubby to eat other than plain white bread.
                    K is for Karen 😊​..................
                    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                    T - is it TRUE?
                    H - is it HELPFUL?
                    I - is it INSPIRING?
                    N - is it NECESSARY?
                    K - is it KIND?

Comment

We eat Martins potato bread. It seems to stay fresh a lot longer than others.
                      ~ Tracy

Comment

We love bread in my house , Homemade even better. My son gave me a new bread maker for Christmas last year and we thought we would wear it out. They love country white bread, It toasts well and is great with any soups or chillis.
                        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I have to watch how much bread I eat because I'm diabetic. Jeff, on the other hand, could live on bread. I buy or make artisan bread and leave some out and seal up the rest for the freezer. The one thing you don't want to do is refrigerate bread because it causes an enzyme change that makes it stale instantly. Bread you take out of the freezer can taste fresh as long as it hasn't been in the freezer too long. Bread seems to pick up a freezer taste if left too long.
                          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                            I have to watch how much bread I eat because I'm diabetic. Jeff, on the other hand, could live on bread. I buy or make artisan bread and leave some out and seal up the rest for the freezer. The one thing you don't want to do is refrigerate bread because it causes an enzyme change that makes it stale instantly. Bread you take out of the freezer can taste fresh as long as it hasn't been in the freezer too long. Bread seems to pick up a freezer taste if left too long.
                            I had heard that before, but didn't know about the enzymes. Interesting. I would love to try your artisan The focaccia I make is Tyler Florence's. It comes out perfect every time.

When I was working at the hotel another one I needed to make quite often was lavosh. Pans and pans. We made lavosh roll up sandwiches for parties.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

After reading this I feel the need to dust off my bread machine!

My family loves the Nature's Own Honey Wheat bread and it does not have the High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.

I remember one bread that I used to make a lot was Golden Egg Bread - tastes just like those nice dinner rolls at Quincy's.
                              Vonnie

Comment

Working...
                              X