Long time no night owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time no night owl

Hey all!!! Seems like a long week and it's only Tuesday! Yikes!! I have been working on my embroidery machine tonight. Ya know I really need about 4 more hours in a day...I just can't seem to get my creative time requirements in!! Seems I get home and by the time supper is done and the dishes put away......I get into the sewing room...it's time for bed!! Work a full week this week....so no sew day....sob!!!

How's your week??
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Re: Long time no night owl

My week has been busy too! I have been going in to work early and this night owl does not like it. I have not been much of a night owl the last few nights and in fact am about to go to bed - unheard of at this time of night, but these early morning hours are messing with me!

No sewing for me, since Saturday, but I did get the camo wall in my sewing room primed on Sunday. Need to do some touch up around the edges and maybe another coat and then ready for wall color, starting to make the room mine.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

No time for sewing much this week at all. My 7th grader has his science fair project due in 2 days. He finally has the paper done and just needs to put his trifold display together. Easier said than done since he and brother both play basketball and of course have away games (over an hour drive each way) tomorrow after school! EEEKKK! Looks like he will be burning some midnight oil himself tomorrow night, but that means I will have to as well to make sure it gets done! Hope to get some long arm action this weekend and get a few UFO's knocked out.
      Happy Quilting!

Comment

I didn't sew at all yesterday, though, I was able to finish my QOV today. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...quilt-top.htmlI like my group because I get to socialize with other quilters and make something nice for someone else.

Hopefully, I will get all the blocks to my Josephine quilt finished by the end of the day tomorrow, so I can begin sewing the blocks together. I wish I had a long arm machine. My quilter keeps telling me that I need to get one. My parents bought themselves a Gammill Statler for Christmas, but of course, they live halfway across the country from me.

Happy sewing tomorrow and I hope to meet you all back here again tomorrow night.
        sigpicMISA
        I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

I cleaned my sewing room today (little more to go) I spilt those dang walnut shells and one thing lead to another and decided to do the whole floor. Tossed a bunch of stuff that didn't belong there including the cat.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Long but good. Last night it was 6:30AM before I went to bed - just not tired. But it had been a very exciting day - went to the city, got to do a little shopping and bought my new sewing machine and table. I experimented a little today with the various stitches. I am trying to figure out what project I want to be the guinea pig for trying out various things. As soon as dh gets off work, I think that I am going to call a night.

Comment

It has been a great week so far! Been sewing for the last 2 days, and doing a little work from home. Gotta go into the office tomorrow, make a little $$, and then make a pot of soup for the youth for church tomorrow night, then church, so probably no sewing for me tomorrow! Thursday it'll be back into the sewing room, doing some cleaning out myself. My fabric is out of control, trying to get a handle on it. I think I am going to get some tubs and put some of it in the attic.
              "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
              :D

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
                Long but good. Last night it was 6:30AM before I went to bed - just not tired. But it had been a very exciting day - went to the city, got to do a little shopping and bought my new sewing machine and table. I experimented a little today with the various stitches. I am trying to figure out what project I want to be the guinea pig for trying out various things. As soon as dh gets off work, I think that I am going to call a night.
                Simply Quilting, What kind of a machine did you get and how do you like it? Also, do you like your sewing table?
                sigpicMISA
                I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

It has been a good week for me...but I have been lazy in the sewing department....it has been raining here...and I just haven't felt like even going in the room. I have to push myself to finish some projects I am working on...don't want to wait til the last minute.

I was just thinking earlier today that it had been a while since I read a night owl post....
                  :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Lately I've been a part time night owl, I'm so tired lately I've been falling asleep very early. Today I cleaned up a few more things that needed to be sorted and put away in the sewing room. I get side tracked so easily, and seems I just can't stay on task to get that room done. I went up last week to do the same job and ended up finishing a small wall hanging instead. Oh well, try again tomorrow morning.
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

My day was OK.
                      I managed to get a few things traced off onto some wonder under. While I am at it, I ought to trace off the Sulky BOM images from 2013. I did really mean to get that done. Hmmm. One more to add to the list.
                      Tonight was my TV night. I am a NCIS junkie. I really need to make sure I have a few handwork projects for those two hours. Then I wouldn't feel so guilty.
                      My night owl hours are getting a little earlier too. No big push for gifts like Nov & Dec. Although, I'd do better to remember the crazy and start a lot sooner (like now) and put in a few late nights here and there.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Today was my first day home in 12 days. I spent it catching up on email, regular mail, a nap, and a few television shows. I haven't unpacked my bags from the cruise yet. And I'm probably gonna quit being a night owl - I really need to work on my sleep habits.

Comment

My week is going to be a busy one because my night shifts at work are right in the middle of this week... when you work 13 hour graveyard shifts, your first day off is kind of a wash because you spend much of it sleeping... not sleeping too much or you won't be able to sleep that night when you try to get back on the day awake/night sleep schedule. That's the hardest part of graveyard, going back and forth with your sleep cycle!
                          Anywho..... I'm in the process of cutting out and trying to figure how I want to make my soon to be DGD's new quilt. My DIL and DS are due with baby Emma on March 14, but her shower is going to be in February, so the pressure is on! I want it to be very special, maybe applique her name on it. My DIL picked out some forest friends fabric I'm totally NOT crazy about and I'm trying to figure out how to showcase it. It's a very busy fabric, but I think I will try to fussy cut some of the animals out of it, then put it in a star block. Ugh. I wish I had more creative license with this one because it's hard to get excited about making something when you can't stand the fabric....
                          DH has been out of work for going on 9 months now, and it's been slow going looking for a new employer. Now that it's the new year, things have kind of exploded and he has 3 job interviews out of state within the next week. Yikers! The choices are Boise Idaho (x 2) or Boulder Colorado. Personally, I hope the something in Boise Idaho works out because we would be smack in the middle of our older three kids and my parents. Only about a 6 hour drive to see any of them. But if it ends up being in CO, then we will be 17 hours from my DD and our new DGS and my parents.... We have just decided to keep praying and have faith that we will end up exactly where our Heavenly Father wants us to be.... (hopefully he wants us to be in Idaho...lol )
                          Been praying for all those in our sweet Forum who needs help, comfort, and faith... have a wonderful night/day everyone!!

Turena

Comment

I'm wide awake...UGH! I've been trying to get to sleep earlier so I can accomplish more during the day. Like Carol, I need to work on my sleep habits. It's so hard when hubby doesn't get home til 1. I can't go to bed til he gets home, then we talk for awhile and then I end up here til all hours.
                            Well, no matter what time I get to sleep, I need to get up at a reasonable hour and get to Joann's. A friends dad passed away last January and I made pillows for her from his old shirts. Now she wants me to make some out of his old sweaters. I think, instead of buying the pillow forms, I'm going to make them myself. Then I have another order for pillows from another friend whose dad passed away. I really need to get myself motivated again with my sewing. I'm hoping that it's just that I needed a break after the holidays and my motivation comes back quick.
                            Well, I hope all of you have a good night and hope you can get some sleep.
                            Cil
                            A quilt is a blanket of love
                            http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
                            http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X