X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alliek
    replied
    Re: Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Had to get up early today in the misty rainy morning to go to the doc's. Knees x rayed, it is osteo arthritis. No surgery yet. (whew) but still in pain and have a hard time doing anything physical. Got a cortisone shot today, some analgesic rub, and sage advice-Lose Weight! May have to go to therapy, will see how things go. Just another hurdle to the day, but I thank my Lord for all my blessings. It is a good day to smile and bless someone with your smile ( I know you'll be blessed back!)

Leave a comment:

• Madeforyouinma11
    replied

Hello everyone!
    Today is rainy and around 48*. It s so unlike me to say this, but it's January and I would really like to see a little snow instead of all this rain. I think I want some snow so we can get some pics of Julia in her snowsuit, then it can go away again...LOL
    Well, let's see....today I need to do a few things around the house and then go to the grocery store. After that I would like to finish up cleaning what I can in my sewing room. I am almost at a standstill until I get my bookcases, which probably won't be until the end of the month. I'm doing a couple of paid jobs, so maybe I'll take the money from those, we'll see.
    We were supposed to have our Christmas with hubby's aunt, uncle and cousin tomorrow night but his aunt caught that horrible cold that's going around so we rescheduled for next week, so no plans for me until then.
    Well, I hope all of you have a wonderful day. Prayers to those in need.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

I normally wake up slowly, like many of my quilting sisters here. Well, not today. I did read a bit of the forum on my phone, but then I had to tackle installing a new cable modem and getting it activated. It seems they finally followed through with their threats of killing my internet service because my modem was outdated. Yes, I have been resisting replacing it because it worked! I tend to not want to take apart and mess things up when they are working just fine for me. I've had the new modem sitting in a box for quite a long while, just waiting. Well, the internet went out last night, so I spent about an hour setting things up this morning. Most of that was waiting to get the new modem activated on the system. Now that it is up and running, I can see that there really is a speed increase. So, off to work for me and when I get home I get to tackle setting up the wireless network again since the router had to be disconnected for Comcast to recognize the new modem. And hubby wondered why I was putting it off...

Leave a comment:

• MayinJerset
    replied

Hey I'm back. Left last Thursday morning for San Francisco for DGD's wedding in Carmel. Beautiful ceremony in the historic Carmel Mission and later reception at Hyatt way up on the cliff over the Pacific ocean. Sun didn't cooperate for a beautiful sundown over the ocean but the views were spectacular. We got back home around 11pm last night.

Wish I had time to go through the Chats while I was gone but too busy this morning. Need to get suitcases unpacked and stuff away and get ready for my Fox TV News video interview in our home this afternoon. More on that after it is over. A very happy but very, very tired May back in Jersey

Leave a comment:

• GinnyKNC
    replied

Good Morning!

Blondie I've had enough rain - are you rain dancing on the other side of the state there? I wouldn't think so with that toe, but thought I'd check. ~The sun'll come out tomorrow~

Lisa 9lbs 6ozs! OUCH. Congrats great aunt and glad they are both doing ok. Keep that cholesterol in check because it will make your diabetes numbers climb as well. Funny how all of that relates to each other. My arch nemesis - Diabetes.

Barb thinking about you today and sending prayers and hugs.

I don't know how all of you get up before your alarm! I hit that snooze twice this morning and the second time really wanted to throw the alarm clock lol. Work up with a migraine and my sinuses are killing me (rain rain go away and don't come back another day). Since I'm working two jobs still, I don't get off work until late and of course have to get things done around the house and try and get some quilting done too. So I'm going to bed late and getting up early (late is in the AM). I need way more sleep than I'm getting these days. But I'm getting it done, I have a beautiful new granddaughter, my diabetes is doing well, M* let's me chat with all you wonderful folks, and I woke up this morning. So all is good

Prayers to those in need and Hugs to all

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Thank you Ryan

Here is me looking interested in some of the plants.
    For better pictures and more info: Nicotiana benthamiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Good morning, all! Dreary in West Virginia too, Blondie, but if it's not ice, it's nice!!

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
    I really appreciate all the work, but now he's sitting here struming his fingers, waiting for me to get going. Love the guy, but I'm a slow starter, can't just jump out of bed and get to work. I need to ease into my day - once I've had coffee and about an hour on the computer - I'm good to go. I think I'm gonna slap him silly if he doesn't go find something to do besides sit over there and stare at me...and every now and then he says "just take your time getting awake." LORD - give me strength!!!!
    OMG....sounds like my hubby. He paces.....makes me nervous and yes every move I make his head is swiveling to see if I'm ready yet!!!

Leave a comment:

• EnumclawGramma
    replied

Good Morning! It's a bit cold and wet here today. No sun for us for sure. No snow either so I'm not complaining!

Barb you're in my thoughts and prayers today. Looking forward to hearing good news.

I laid in bed and listened to the news for nearly an hour this morning. Felt good to be lazy for a bit. I'm not sure what's on my agenda today except for a few chores around the house and food shopping. I am looking into starting therapeutic yoga soon, I may make some phone calls on that. My son's GF (who is a yoga instructor) is going to come out and check out the class with me. I'm really looking forward to it!

That's it from my corner of the world. Have a wonderful Tuesday, hugs/prayers all 'round for whoever wants/needs. Grab em' if you want em!

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

Good morning! Blondie and Ryan, I've also spent many a day with my backside turned up to the sunshine pulling tobacco plants all day. I wasn't allowed to ride the tobacco setter because I would get tickled and miss too many plants (according to DH). At one time we grew over 40 acres of tobacco. DH finally gave it up three years ago...I thought he'd miss it but he doesn't. He sold the big baler and tobacco sticks, but kept the old tobacco knives and spears (spuds, as we call them). They may be primitive antiques some day!
    It's a pretty day here and I'm going to get outside and enjoy some of it.
    Originally posted by Blondie View Post
    Ryan, I spent many a hot day in my youth, pullin' tobacco. Way in the back I have an old tobacco barn that is mostly in ruins now due to an end of season storm some years back.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Originally posted by Carol336 View Post
    I think I'm gonna slap him silly if he doesn't go find something to do besides sit over there and stare at me...and every now and then he says "just take your time getting awake." LORD - give me strength!!!!
    hoo boy, it's gonna be one of those days. See, I woulda already slapped him silly. You're not awake enough yet! I mean, even my dog knows that you don't mess around with me until I've been up and about for quite awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Carol336
    replied

Good morning all. I cannot believe I just rolled out of bed, slept 10 hours last night.....wow. Of course DH has been up for hours and has been sew busy cleaning out. He has the back of my car loaded with books to take to the book collection box, plus his truck loaded with a pile for the dump. Now he's gathering medical stuff, crutches and canes for me to take to the Partners in Care shop.

I really appreciate all the work, but now he's sitting here struming his fingers, waiting for me to get going. Love the guy, but I'm a slow starter, can't just jump out of bed and get to work. I need to ease into my day - once I've had coffee and about an hour on the computer - I'm good to go. I think I'm gonna slap him silly if he doesn't go find something to do besides sit over there and stare at me...and every now and then he says "just take your time getting awake." LORD - give me strength!!!!

Leave a comment:

• aliaslaceygreen
    replied

Good morning, All! Coffee made, rain here, heading to work in a minute. Have quilting tonight, so must grab something to work on as I run out the door. I have been MIA a bit, caught up in all things Outlander lately; what can I say, a good looking Scotsman can distract me!

Take care, and her are ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))) if you need them!!!

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeRyan
    replied

Originally posted by Mpyles View Post
    Ryan, What are you testing for in the tobacco?
    This particular tobacco is being used to make a vaccine for something but I'm actually not sure what because I'm not making it, just contract growing it for another lab so they can do it.

Much of the tobacco I grow I use for genetic modification experiments in my own lab and another lab that I support. Part of my work centers on creating plants with an built in immunity to Powdery Mildew which is a common fungal pathogen which attacks a wide variety of important agricultural crops. The idea is to create plants which don't need to be doused with chemicals to grow disease free. Another branch of my research deals with drought resistance and making plants which require less water. We use tobacco as a model organism much like medical research uses mice. If we can prove something can be done in tobacco then we can explore how to do it in a more economically important crop (eg. rice, soy, canola, corn, tomato, etc.).

This is not the time or the place for me to get on my soap box but working for a research university and not one of those big evil agri-tech companies, I can assure you that most GM plants look and act just like regular plants and are not as bad as media would lead you to believe.

..except this one...

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post

Ryan, have fun with the plants. Getting the hands dirty is one of the things that I miss from the farm. My husband spent some time in corn seed research and I always found it interesting. If you get a chance, would you please post a picture of the "different variety from Australia that doesn't really look like regular tobacco". I would like to see what it looks like. Missouri use to grow a lot of tobacco but does not anymore. St. Joseph use to be one of the buying location - I remember seeing it as a little girl. It is long gone by now and replaced with a furniture store.

Here is me looking interested in some of the plants.
    For better pictures and more info: Nicotiana benthamiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• grannyann
    replied

Good morning. Had a rough night sleeping and got up to a cold frosty morning. Yesterday we got up to 50 and it was sunny but this morning it is 27 .
    I have to take my granddaughter to school 7:15 then my day is mine.
    Hope you all have a very pleasant day. Blessing to all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X