Even Night Owls Have Senior Moments!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even Night Owls Have Senior Moments!

I thought I would share my Extreme Senior Moment with you....and then I want to hear yours!

Friday mid-morning my mom called & ask if I could go by their bank & sign some paperwork that they needed me to sign. I told her sure..........I would go by after we finished sorting books. So later I drive across town to the bank and go inside. I told them why I was there and the lady gave me a paper to sign. She told me they needed to make a copy of my driver's license to keep on file. I pull out my license and hand it to her. She walks over to copier & then walks back towards me saying......."Did you know that your license is expired?" I said "What?" She said yes....it expired in 2012! "WHAT??!! That can't be right!!" I was stunned & a little horrified! She hands me the license and I look at the back of it...at the renewal sticker..........and just stared at it.........willing it to change to the correct date! This can't be right.......I just renewed it ...........ummmm.........just..........ahhhhh..... .....I can't believe this! I've been driving around for over a year with an expired driver's license!

I left the bank and drove straight home.......praying all the way that I wouldn't get stopped. Got home and checked online to find out the cost & what I needed to renew. I found the amount.......needed in cash.......and proof of insurance. I checked the operating hours of the DMV closest to me.......they close at 4 and it is now 3pm. So I jump in the car......and start heading that way. When I'm a few blocks away I happened to think....."Hope I put the new proof of insurance card in the car." I stopped in a parking lot......pulled it out to check. Are you kidding me???!! Yep, you guessed it! I had forgotten to put the new card in the car for the beginning of January!!! Fortunately, I knew the insurance office phone #.......so I called & told the guy what was going on. He said he would fax the proof to the DMV for me! Huge sigh of relief..........I was only a few blocks away from the DMV. I finally got to their office......walked in.....took a # and before I could sit down......they called my number. The lady took care of it.......took my picture......and handed me my new license! I was in the building about 5 minutes!

I was so tired after all that.........stressed out for a couple of hours..........after driving without a care in the world with an expired license for way too long!

So what is your major senior moment story......and I know you have one..........I can't be the only one......can I?
    Last edited by pcbatiks; January 12, 2014, 11:48 PM.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Even Night Owls Have Senior Moments!

Same thing happened to me just the other day. I went to get my CT scan and MRI and they asked for my military dependent ID for my insurance... I pulled it out and gave it to the woman to copy for my file, she copied it, and I looked an it's expired. I need to get to the base and get another asap, before someone won't take it expired as she did. I don't think she even noticed.

Comment

Pam you really are lucky, in Iowa if you let you license expire you have to take a written driver's test and from what I remember...they're hard to pass.
      TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I'd share my extreme senior moment with you, but....um...I forgot what it was!

Comment

I'm not a senior yet I have them all the time!
          sigpicMISA
          I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

Oh yes, but luckily I get to share my senior moments with my hubby. One example, we decided that we had to go to Walmart to pick up three items. No biggy. On the way to Walmart we stopped at Radio Shack to look at computers. No problem. Then went to the shoe store and picked up some boots, no problem. Then we started driving to Walmart, and NEITHER ONE OF US could remember ONE thing of the three items we had to get! LOL. I need to find a note taking program for my smart phone to start making lists. Now where did I leave my phone???
            Gayle

Comment

I did the same thing with my license, and it had been expired for a year. That's not the best part. My husband and my kids were giving me a hard time about it...all in fun of course, but wouldn't let me live it down. Then......wait for it.......we find out my husbands had been expired for 6 months! The funniest part about that is....he's a policeman! Lol. Needless to say, we had a lot of fun with that one.
              I have senior moments all the time. I walk into a room to do something and forget why I went in to begin with....it's not easy..lol
              Cil
              A quilt is a blanket of love
              http://www.pinterest.com/cil3612/boards/
              http://www.creativelyhomemade.etsy.com/

Comment

My husband and I went to Costco to buy more birdseed, ( the only thing we were going for), we did some shopping, ate some samples and came home and put our purchases away then remembered we never bought the birdsees we needed and went there for!
                If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I managed to let my car tags expire recently and got pulled over. The officer let me go with a warning, however, another one pulled me over 5 minutes later and wrote me a citation (ticket) even though I explained that I had just been pulled over. That one wasn't very nice. My fault for being so lackadaisical and dippy.
                  sigpicMISA
                  I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

I would tell you but there have been so many I have forgotten them.

Let me think about it, though.
                    Donna

Comment

In the UK if your vehicle is over 3 years old you have to have it tested (called an MOT) to ensure it is in a safe condition to drive it on the roads. Just before Christmas when applying online to renew my car tax ( much like your plate tags I guess) my application would not go through because I did not have a current MOT certificate. It had expired 6 months previously. I think I must have had Lady Luck sitting on my shoulder for that 6 months because there are cameras placed on the roadside and in police vehicles that scan your number plate and the cameras are linked to a database which checks that not only your car tax and MOT are valid but also your insurance. Oh and to rub salt into the wound if you drive a vehicle that does not have a MOT you insurance is automatically void. How lucky was I that I did not get spotted on the road! Unfortunately the police do not accept senior moments as an excuse here either.

Comment

Okay, car tags. This was a few years ago, though. My Dad bought a car for my DS when he was in college in Oklahoma (he was on a Baseball Scholarship) and the car was in my Dad's name. After DS graduated and bought his own car, I started driving the car my Dad bought to work. Then my Dad passed away. I was leaving work one morning, exhausted, (it was just before Christmas) and was stopped at a light. When I pulled away from the light, the cop behind me turned his lights on. Thinking he was surely after someone else - I hadn't done anything wrong - I kept going. So, when I finally pull over and he stops behind me I was more than puzzled. He sat in his car for sometime before approaching me. He asked who the car belonged to and why was I driving it? I told him I owned it and he said "well then who is Donald?". Oh. My Dad. "Donald died nearly two years ago". So, after getting everything straightened out, he asked "So who went to School at NEO?" I was taken back, and then realized he saw the parking sticker on the back window. I told him my son, Stephen did. Then he said - "Oh, Stephen, did he play baseball?" Uh, yes, "I was on the NEO team with him"! In all of the things that had to be taken care of after Dad died, the car never crossed my mind and it never occurred to me that I had not renewed the license, so don't feel too bad.
                        Donna

Comment

Working...
                        X