Good Morning Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning Sunday!

Hi everyone! Well, my Sunday started out sunny but now its grey and it looks like rain. A good day to sew. " This is a day the Lord has made, Rejoice in it! "
    Friday was such a good day for me. It gave me such joy to be out in all that sun with best friends. It was a little nippy but warm in the car so I left my jacket off for the whole day. Today is slightly warmer but damp. I'll take chilly and sunny any day.
    I wish for you all to have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful family day. I am going to read my "Margo" bag directions until I can quote them and then try to make this bag. Or should I do my tumbler blocks I bought? MMM Decisions Decisions! I'll start with reading. Love you all, Hugs, Jan L
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Re: Good Morning Sunday!

Good Morning, Jan!! I feel good that YOU had such a great time with your friends on Friday!! Don't you just love those days when you let all the cares slide off your shoulders and share fun and laughter with those you love? I do think a lot of us suffer from your decision-making 'block'. Perhaps that's why I don't accomplish as much as I think I should. I was hoping to get up this morning and tackle some outside work but have found that it is still below 40 degrees and much too chilly for me to be out there working in this wind.

Sure hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday - a great day to relax and enjoy family!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good Sunday morning! Sandy, I am like you, was planning on cleaning out the flower beds, but it's too cold, windy and there's snow in our forecast for today, so I am staying in the sewing room. This week I finished an order for embroidered names on 34 aprons, so I am anxious to just do some sewing, I just need to decide what I'm going to focus on. I have Jenny's new tutorials on Sympoz running for inspiration, but can't decide between starting quilting on the friendship braid (finally), piecing the 5" tumbler I have started or starting piecing something else......decisions decisions. I have done a little bit on a project to use up some TINY scraps, and I hope to share a pic of those soon. We had our Easter dinner with family yesterday, several have to work next weekend, so yesterday was what worked out best, everybody was here all the food was totally yummy and I am wiped out today, so a quiet day of sewing is just what I need. Hope everybody is doing well, I am so far behind on reading posts, new part-time job is still full-time hours so life has sure been a juggling act for me!
      Lola
      :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

I spent all day yesterday in my sewing room--chilly and rainy. Perfect day for sewing--made a few blocks for the swap and finished another baby quilt top. Today the weather is going to be a perfect spring day. I am going to plant my flower pots on the deck. Everyone have a great Sunday!
        Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Comment

I spent all of yesterday making a tote bag! It's my first and I'm rather pleased with it even tho its just a tote and doesn't even have a pocket in it. It's been so long since I could actually sit and do anything and finishing something just felt great! Someday I'm going to learn how to post pictures here so maybe someone can give me some good advice now and then. Have a blessed day whatever you're doing and enjoy the time with family and firends.

Comment

Yes Sandy, it felt terrific to laugh over silly things with the ones I love. And I love your saying at the bottom of your note about laughing until my water broke, cause it so true. I relaxed for the first time in over a year because of silliness! Thanks. Hugs, Jan. Love you.
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hi All, Starting out slow today. We had snow then rain last night...cold and icky....so I'm still in my pj's. Did a little sewing this morning. Did some more D9P blocks for a lap quilt for Xmas. Started doing teh blocks for the ovarian cancer project but slipped when cutting one of the strips and now don't have enough of the alternating fabric; gotta go to JoAnn's and get some more. I'm so excited about different projects that I'm getting too many started and not so much finished. Luckily some are for gifts and thus have deadlines.

Just a few more posts then off to the hospital (and JoAnn's).

Have a great day.
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Kind of anxious that Blondie hasn't checked in - hope our North Carolina sisters are all safe. News just full of the tornados and storms.
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Good Sunday morning to all my new quilting buddies! Am enjoying reading the forum messages and am pleased to know that others suffer from "decision-making block." I waste a lot of time in that place. But today will attempt to make a couple of coaster sets with scraps for our hospital auxiliary Easter sale this coming week. It is windy here in NH so not a great day to be putzing outside. Have a great day, everyone!

Comment

hy every one... this is gina i know it says oodles.. but just thought i'd write to you all hello jan and sandy and everyone... love ya all and wish you a happy sunday. abbey and i are doing great. she begins school tomorrow at her new school. i am very much looking forward to her new school. and hope it is a better school than her last one... i am able to get into the new apt on may 6th.. and glad to be out of the last place... oodles has ben very great to abbey and i... and i love her very much.. please keep the prayers coming...have had... an ordeal and comfort is what i need.. it is felt and keeps me going... i am safe but but still feel the need tohave this extra stregnth ... thank you all so very much.....love yas... gina mpls...

Comment

Hi all! I got up early this am and got a few things done but didn't sleep well so I dozed on & off! Love a lazy Sunday! Just made a pot of coffee to see if that will jump start me. Cool & windy here but the sun is out. Hopefully I can work on some UFO today even if it's just the embroidery. I am worried about Blondie & our Carolina Gals!
                      Relaxingly yours,
                      Patti
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Just popping in to change the laundry loads before heading back outside. No rain yet today! Whoo hoo! It'll be here by evening. Gonna try to wash the car. Em will have fun with the hose if nothing else.

Gina, best wishes for the final stage of your move! Glad you were able to get in and drop us a note!
                        Indeed prayers for the folks hit by the storms. Hoping our girls are just out of power or something simple to keep them from checking in.

Take care! C
                        Be who you are and say what you feel
                        because those who mind don't matter,
                        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Well I guess i won't be sewing for a while. somehow managed to break my foot this morning. It is of course my right foot, so no driving either. no steps, no work. fortunately I did finish the things i was making for DD's baby shower. Bah!! really didn't need this right now.
                          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Oh bakermom, OUCH! So sorry for you. Are you in a cast? Hope for a speedy recovery for you.
                            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Thanks! no cast yet, I have to see another DR. for that. i'm in a splint until the swelling goes down. Very grateful we have a downstairs bathroom, cause stairs are a bear! I'm such a klutz with crutches!!
                              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Working...
                              X