DH in Hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DH in Hospital

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They must be working, because when I called this morning his temp, BP and pulse were all normal and he feel like his old self. The cardiologist wants more blook work before they do the echo-whatever to look at his heart and valve which they now will do tomorrow AM. Meanwhile DH (Mr. Hyper) is now happy having to stay in the hospital while he feels ok. Men can be such whiners - let them try having a baby! So I'll go spend time with him this afternoon and we'll see how the test goes tomorrow. At least he feels better.

Tamsterg7 - glad your dad came through it so well. Hopefully DH will too!
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

how scary for both of you. prayers continue for you.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Very good news Nancy! Will continue to keep you both in prayers till he comes home safe and sound!!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Nancy....prayers for you and your soul mate! My Hub went through something similiar almost 6 years ago....he's fine today! I'm sure your Hub will be too!!

Magx....Go Granny Go!! What a remarkable woman!!!
          ~Mary
          As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Hi honey..... I'm adding my prayers too. May God bless you and hold you tightly in His arms as you wait. I pray also that the tests will show there isn't any involvement with his heart and it will be something easily treated.
            ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
            Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
            (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

You are in my thoughts, here's to a speedy recovery!
              :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Prayers for your husband and a speedy recovery. Glad to hear they are keeping him for more tests and it's not one of those hospitals that just release him and not have a clue why he got so sick.

Hugs,
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

So sorry to hear your husband is sick. I will be praying for you both. Stay strong for him and take care of yourself.God bless.
                  Rhonda

Comment

My thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery are with you both too, Nancy.

Mag, that is an incredible story. My very best wishes to your grandmother - what an inspiration!!

Mary B.

Comment

Nancy, very glad to hear that he is complaining and winging around, sound he is a LOT better. You will be in my thoughts and prays. Lots of love from here.

Just for the curious ones, here is a pic of Nanny on her 102 birthday party. Her name is Alice and she was born in Aug 1908. She is an antique. She still remembers the beginning of the electricity. I think she is built with the old stuff, like the old ford. Her mottos are "Nothing is greater than love", and "You do what you can, with what you got and enjoy it.".
                      Just a funny story from last Friday before the surgery, the Dr ask her if she understood what it meant DNR (Do Not Resuscitate); her answer - I don’t think I have any appointments. She still a character ant 102. God bless her.
                      http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/alb...achmentid=4504
                      Last edited by magx; April 13, 2011, 04:45 AM.
                      Maggie
                      Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Comment

Maggie, love the pic of your Nanny. What a sweetheart.

DH Update - worst case scenario (the infection being in his heart or artificial aortic valve) has been ruled out. Doing an ab cat scan tonight to check those organs. the infection could be in his spine. His temp keeps spiking, white blood cell count is up, so his body is definately trying to fight off something. He's getting discouraged and is sick of being in the hospital. He's such an active person, it's hard for him to be down like this. I'm just getting tired. But I feel good that it's going to be ok.
                        ;)Nancy

Comment

That IS good news Nancy ........ his heart valve being healthy. We'll just keep on praying that it's something very easily cured. God is good.
                          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                          Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                          (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Yay! All his abdominal organs are ok. They found the infection near the appendix and can treat it with antibiotics. Tonight he gets is every 6 hrs. for 1/2 hr. then, hopefully, come home with pills tomorrow.

Thanks for all your prayers. They worked!!!
                            ;)Nancy

Comment

I am rejoicing with you. Thank you for letting us all know!
                              Blessings to you both, Nancy

Blondie
                              Sewing mends the soul.
                              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I pray all goes well for you both.

Comment

Working...
                                X