Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DH in Hospital

Hi all,

Sounds like the wind is howling outside but supposed to be a lovely day; weatherwise anyway.

My DH was taken from work by ambulance yesterday with chills and shakes. Had this last week too with other typical flu symptoms. Came on instantly and went away in couple days. When it came on instantly again yesterday I knew it wasn't the flu. He's temp was 103.5 and it turns out he has an infection somewhere. Because he has an artificial aortic valve the big concern is that it's there (if so, may mean another open heart surgery). So they kept him overnight to do more tests today to find the infection and treat accordingly. So my day is in limbo while we see what's actually going on. Scary though. We've been together longer than not...he was 17 and I was 18 when we got married 39 years (come June) ago. High school sweethearts.

Hoping for the best,
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Re: DH in Hospital

You sound like a strong woman. I will be praying for you and your husband.

Comment

Nancy, I’m sure he will be ok, he sounds like he is a very strong boy, just to cope with a quilter pass the test. We will be praying for a very speedy recovery. Keep your chin up, and think positive. My grandmother of 103 Y/o broke her heap last week, we never thought of her recovering. Friday was the surgery, by Saturday she was walking, and today she is sitting on the chair of her hospital room. If she can recover from this, everyone can. Lots and Lots of love Maggie from Down Under.
      Maggie
      Quilting with a friend will keep you in stitches.

Comment

Magx,

Your grandmother sounds like quite a tough lady. How wonderful that she is jumping back so quickly. "Go Grandma!!!"
        Originally posted by magx View Post
        Nancy, I’m sure he will be ok, he sounds like he is a very strong boy, just to cope with a quilter pass the test. We will be praying for a very speedy recovery. Keep your chin up, and think positive. My grandmother of 103 Y/o broke her heap last week, we never thought of her recovering. Friday was the surgery, by Saturday she was walking, and today she is sitting on the chair of her hospital room. If she can recover from this, everyone can. Lots and Lots of love Maggie from Down Under.
        Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; April 12, 2011, 04:52 AM.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Nancy,

Keep us posted. We're all concerned about your husband and hoping they quickly discover and solve the problem.

Rebecca
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Nancy:

I too am married to my childhood sweetheart. Alot of people don't realize how deep that love runs. It's all you know. I hope he makes a fast recovery and doesn't require any more surgery.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.....stay strong.

Hugs
            :icon_happy:Wicked

My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide :icon_wave:

Comment

Nancy, I am praying right this minute. For hubs and you. Will be waiting for an update.

Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I will keep the both of you in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there
                Suzette

Comment

Praying for you and your husband Nancy. Pray it will be a good day.
                  Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Nancy, you and your husband are both in my thoughts!
                    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Prayers for you & DH! He is under the best care and they will uncover the problem soon! I'll be thinking of you today and watching for an update! Hugs to you!!
                      Patti
                      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Very special prayers being said. Keep us posted!
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Saying prayers for you - My Dad had the same thing back in January and it was a bacterial infection. It really came on fast and took him down quickly, but with IV antibiotics and fluids he was out of the hospital in a few days and then just on oral antibiotics. Hope they get your DH on the healing path quickly!

Comment

Prayers for you and your husband, Nancy. May you find peace and may he find health. SuzyQue

Comment

Magx, so glad your granny is doing so well!
                              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X