Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Finally Friday!

Happy Friday Everybody!
    OK. So it's just barely Friday here, but I wanted to catch everybody on the flip side of our clock!
    It was a beautiful if chilly afternoon here. After her AM appointments I dropped the youngest off at preschool and came home to do the last bit of sewing on the Just One stars.
    Did you all make some? I had the last setting triangle to put on. I was able to make 6 from the half yard of cream backing material I found. The stars were all scraps from the stash. They will be mailed tomorrow. I also have picked out the colors of the last Christmas Star block for that swap. Her vintage Santas are darling! If I can stay awake I'll cut it out tonight and sew it in the morning.
    After picking up the little miss we came home and played outside with the goats and the dog. Alright, she did most of the playing. I grabbed the bucket and the little rake thingie and finished weeding the strawberry bed and the last veggie bed. That bad boy had been invaded by chickweed. UGH! I am trying to decide how to keep that from happening again next winter. I am thinking black plastic or multiple layers of newspaper pinned down over the cleaned out beds in the fall. Anybody have any experience with either?
    If I can get the Christmas Star done tomorrow, then I will start on the Wild Things blocks. I want to start them RIGHT NOW, but I must get these other things done first. It sucks trying to be responsible!
    You all have a good Friday what ever time zone you are in!
    Take care and hugs to you all!
    Cathy
    Last edited by toggpine; April 8, 2011, 01:28 AM. Reason: Bad fingers! Bad! Bad!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Re: It's Finally Friday!

Good Morning, Ladies!
    And Cathy! When I wake up at 3ish in the morning - I am not pleasant enough to be civil. You are a whirlwind of actvity! Have already made some of the One Star and mailed them off last week. I would like to do a few more. Have not looked at her dolls/Santas. I love making Santas.

Ladies, I do like the time the way it is. I was able to get some shop towels washed and hung out on the line yesterday evening. And bring them in good and dry because the wind was till on the active side. Why can't I live in one of those states that don't do flip flops with the spring forward, fall back? why do we still do this? I mean really?

I have been nursing a few angry streaks of poison ivy this week. I was wearing gloves and long sleeves and scoured myself with octagon soap and still got that stuff! It likes me soooo much, it doesn't want to leave. thank goodness they make clear calamine. I used to take rhutox but I wasn't sure if it worked or not.

Okay chickies, off to read some more, and do the usual early morning rituals.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Hi all. Cathy, good luck with the strawberry bed - mmmm my favorite. Bonne, so sorry about the poison ivy - icky, or should I say itchy! Once upon a time, long long ago, my brother was mowing in a cemetery once where they were burning brush in the back. He ended up inhaling poison ivy smoke and was very sick for a bit.

What is the Christmas star/santa swap you are all talking about?

We are expecting great weather right through the weekend. Temps up to the 70's, maybe. YAY! Can't wait to get some walks in. Also planning to cut the blocks for my son's 30th birthday rag quilt (my first).

I'll be doing all this at camp where I won't be distracted by phone or internet . Hope the ice is finally off the lake. Have a great weekend.
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Good morning everyone, and TGIF! I only work till 4 today then planning on working on a table runner for my boss's birthday (she's a gem). I'm doing yet another Basket of Flowers runner, but instead of using charms I'm making pinwheels.

Rainy and gloomy here in NJ this morning, but it's FRIDAY, so it's a beautiful day :-).
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Good morning everyone. I have a favor to ask. I need prayer for two of my grandkids. The first one and the one you are familiar is Emily. It's not looking good. Her ANC level is down again. ANC is the white cells that fight infections and her platelet has taken a down turn. She was at 150,000 which is lower than normal, has dropped to 135,000. The panic alert for the doctor is 110,000. If she gets that low we are talking more blood transfusions and more severe medicine.
          She has been put back on a neutropenic diet which is awful for her. That's where you can't have any vegetables except for winter squash. And that has to be washed in bleach and then cooked and eaten within 20 minutes of being taken off the heat. No fruit except banana and watermelon, again washed in bleach and eaten immediately. She can't have left overs as they are considered to be germ ridden. She can have ice cream if it has been pasteurized. Milk if it's been boiled. It limits so much food and she is forced to eat it as hot as she can stand it within 20 minutes. Most meats are taboo even though they have been cooked in case of ecoli. Same with all vegetables except as above. It looks like she has not gone into remission. Which means a possible bone marrow transplant. Which means a trip and long stay at either New York City or Cinn. Ohio. Mom and Dad couldn't even hold her when she tried not to cry because they both have colds. So everyone is back to wearing gloves and masks. Bleaching everything she touches. No school, sports or violin and she just made first chair. We are truly scared. Please pray for white cells and platelets. Thank you.
          My grandson Morgan, has had to have both ankles operated on and the bone is not knitting back the way it should. He is looking at more surgery. Right now he is in a wheelchair. He is 7 years old and Emily is 11. Morgan is not life threatened but Emily is. I know you have all prayed for Em before and it helped so we are asking for more prayers. Thank you so much. Hugs, Jan
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Jan, My prayers are with your dear granchildren and you. Linda

Comment

Oh Jan, of course we will add them to our list of prayers! It is so unfair that children have to deal with anything more than just being kids.
              For those that asked, I am involved in an Around the World Quilting Bee. Actually this is the second one I have done. Each member makes a starter block and then packs it up and mails it on to the next person. They make a block that plays nice with the first one, and then pack those up and mail them on to the next, and so on. I have all of the photos from the first one in my album here, which is why they are just single blocks and not whole quilts. Most of us had such a good time, we decided to do a second round with a Christmas theme. This is not a swap for the faint of heart or the impatient. It took over a year to complete the first one. Several quilts were lost and found. Some gals dropped out, some were overwhelmed and hoarded up half of the blocks. Mine and one other were stuck in CA for about 6 months. I finally had to google her and get her phone numbers at home and work to prompt her to send them home. The second round had the wheels fall off in late November. Everybody got busy with the holidays and their own holiday projects. The new swap momma called an end to it in January since the idea was to have the blocks done by Christmas. Some of us decided to continue playing at our own pace. So this is the last block in my list of players unless I am contacted by one of the gals that I didn't get to make a block for.
              For now, I'm going to be sticking with the single destination swaps like the Wild Things and Dresden Fan ones Suzi has put together. these were fun, and you get to know a great group of quilters, but it is a big time commitment.
              I have rambled on loooong enough. I shall refill the tea mug and hit the sewing machine until the sun drys the grass well enough to cut it, before it starts raining again tonight.
              Take care! Cathy
              Last edited by toggpine; April 8, 2011, 09:43 AM.
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh, very special prayers being sent for Jan's grandchildren. I cannot imagine the heartache the parents are going through.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Thank you Ladies, I knew I could count on you. God Bless you all. Hugs, Jan
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Good Friday morning...afternoon now for some of you. We have a beautiful day here and supposed to have a really nice weekeknd. Time to get the outside ready! Got back from the mountians yesterday and talk about snow. They have half of what the had and it is still twice as high as a car even more in some places. I have attached a picture of the Railroad track between Revelstoke and Golden just to show how much snow they had. So glad I live in the valley. Planning on working on another twin quilt this weekend but not until my porches are washed down, etc.
                    Have a great weekend all!
                    snowimage002.jpg
                    sigpic
                    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

This is such heartbreaking news, Jan. I'll be thinking about you and your family and praying that things improve.
                      Originally posted by janluna View Post
                      Good morning everyone. I have a favor to ask. I need prayer for two of my grandkids. The first one and the one you are familiar is Emily. It's not looking good. Her ANC level is down again. ANC is the white cells that fight infections and her platelet has taken a down turn. She was at 150,000 which is lower than normal, has dropped to 135,000. The panic alert for the doctor is 110,000. If she gets that low we are talking more blood transfusions and more severe medicine.
                      She has been put back on a neutropenic diet which is awful for her. That's where you can't have any vegetables except for winter squash. And that has to be washed in bleach and then cooked and eaten within 20 minutes of being taken off the heat. No fruit except banana and watermelon, again washed in bleach and eaten immediately. She can't have left overs as they are considered to be germ ridden. She can have ice cream if it has been pasteurized. Milk if it's been boiled. It limits so much food and she is forced to eat it as hot as she can stand it within 20 minutes. Most meats are taboo even though they have been cooked in case of ecoli. Same with all vegetables except as above. It looks like she has not gone into remission. Which means a possible bone marrow transplant. Which means a trip and long stay at either New York City or Cinn. Ohio. Mom and Dad couldn't even hold her when she tried not to cry because they both have colds. So everyone is back to wearing gloves and masks. Bleaching everything she touches. No school, sports or violin and she just made first chair. We are truly scared. Please pray for white cells and platelets. Thank you.
                      My grandson Morgan, has had to have both ankles operated on and the bone is not knitting back the way it should. He is looking at more surgery. Right now he is in a wheelchair. He is 7 years old and Emily is 11. Morgan is not life threatened but Emily is. I know you have all prayed for Em before and it helped so we are asking for more prayers. Thank you so much. Hugs, Jan
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Jan sweetie my prayers are with you and your family!!!!!!
                        sigpic
                        Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Oh Jan, I'm definately sending my prayers for your grandchildren and you. Hang tough!
                          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Oh Jan - They are both certainly in my prayers. How scarey for both of them and the parents and of course you guys - the grandparents. No, it's not fair that they can't just be a child. Big prayers are coming sweetie.

Have to run to the food store - in the pouring down rain. Yuck. But, I should be glad that I can drive there and get in and out without any physical problems. Kind of puts it into perspective when you hear about Jans grandchildren.

Glad the week is over. TGIF! Yippee Skippy! I have today and tomorrow to sew - as long as I stay off this darn computer.
                            Got my order today from MSQC - those 3 extra True Blue charm packs I need for the 10 Minute Block quilt top. Now, there is no reason to put it off.
                            Have a great evening everyone!
                            Hugs,
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Sending prayers and loving thoughts to your Grand kids, Mom, Dad and to you Jan and your DH. God Bless and keep you wrapped in His Loving Arms.
                              Jan G
                              Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                              THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                              :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X